Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Technical assistance for M2TW

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Installation problems

Two answers.
    1)So far, 2.75 is the latest build.
    2)Officially, it is only compatible with M2TW 1.1, it is certainly not compatible with 1.2, but is reported to be compatible with 1.3. But it is absolutely not ported for Kingdoms (tough, you can install it to M2TW even if you have Kingdoms).

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Hideto View Post
    Hi,

I'm running MTW2 v1.1 and I have followed the instructions on how to install the mod. However part way through the installation I am informed that the batch file 'renaissance.bat' cannot be created. I'm running windows vista. I'd be greatful if anyone could offer some assistance and hopefully a fix.

Thanks for your time!
    Interesting :hmmm:

i had the same problem as the original poster, and running the install as administrator fixed it, however when i run the .bat file to start the game, it does not run. i am also running windows vista. i have tried running the .bat file as administrator, and in compatibility mode for windows xp sp2 with no success. any help would be greatly appreicated

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Okay then,this is where it could get a touch complicated for some people on first try.The installation comes packed in a folder that reads Renaissance 2.75.Take everything that is in this folder OUT and place it in your main directory.The Bat file should run fine from here on out for you

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    Two answers.
    2)Officially, it is only compatible with M2TW 1.1, it is certainly not compatible with 1.2, but is reported to be compatible with 1.3. But it is absolutely not ported for Kingdoms (tough, you can install it to M2TW even if you have Kingdoms).
    Yeah, about that... I didn't know that it was incompatible with kingdoms, so I installed it anyway. Next thing I know, I realize my mistake and uninstall. However, when I start to play the kingdoms campaigns and kingdoms mods (I haven't tried normal MTW2 yet) the graphics are really terrible and it looks as if the game was drawn in 2D. (This is just on the World Map. I haven't even attempted to play some actual battles because I am very scared that these will look even worse.)

Can anyone help me? Is there a problem with the model and texture files or something? Any help is appreciated!

Default Problem after uninstallation! Please help!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrIstvaan
    Two answers.

Yeah, about that... I didn't know that it was incompatible with kingdoms, so I installed it anyway. Next thing I know, I realize my mistake and uninstall. However, when I start to play the kingdoms campaigns and kingdoms mods (I haven't tried normal MTW2 yet) the graphics are really terrible and it looks as if the game was drawn in 2D. (This is just on the World Map. I haven't even attempted to play some actual battles because I am very scared that these will look even worse.)

Can anyone help me? Is there a problem with the model and texture files or something? Any help is appreciated!

Default Re: Problem after uninstallation! Please help!

Good News: I fixed the problem
    Bad News: I can't download your mod unless you make it compatible for Kingdoms (too bad, since it sounds great)
    And don't forget:

Hmmm... I don't know that much about models, so I don't know what could have gone wrong. I'd say do a clean install of M2TW and Kingdoms, then if you dare, install RenTW, don't uninstall it and then see if you can play it using M2TW 1.3.

Default Re: Technical assistance for M2TW

Not sure this belongs here but...

So I dl'ed this great mod, and everything works great . The only problem is that the mod rejusted my graphics options for the mod and vanilla but most importantly when i click on a unit or group in battle, I no longer see the green "triangles" that appear under each units body . I tried putting my graphics back to normal to see if it would set things right, but alas it didn't. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
    The very impossibility in which I find myself to prove that God is not, discovers to me his existence.

-Voltaire

Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from the inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.
    -Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Try this...
    1.Make sure that the Renaissance.cfg file is not read-only.
    2.Open this file in any text editor.
    3.Delete everyting from the file, EXCEPT the lines I name here.
    [io]
    file_first = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt level = * trace level = * error

[features]
    mod = Renaissance
    4.Now save the file.
    Try playing M2TW now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    Try this...
    1.Make sure that the Renaissance.cfg file is not read-only.
    2.Open this file in any text editor.
    3.Delete everyting from the file, EXCEPT the lines I name here.
    [io]
    file_first = true

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt level = * trace level = * error

[features]
    mod = Renaissance
    4.Now save the file.
    Try playing M2TW now.
    Thank you for the reply DrIstvaan. I tried your suggestion but I hit a little snag. My Renaissance.cfg file was read me only and I opened it with a notebook pad so i could edit it. Next I tried to locate the first two lines of the list that you said i should not delete, but i could not find them at all in the entire file.

Here's what my file looks like...

[features]
    mod = Renaissance

[audio]
    enable = 1
    master_vol = 100
    music_vol = 59
    provider = Miles Fast 2D Positional Audio
    sfx_vol = 100
    speech_enable = 1
    speech_vol = 100
    sub_faction_accents = 1
    [camera]
    default_in_battle = default
    move = 43
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 46
    [controls]
    campaign_scroll_max_zoom = 30
    campaign_scroll_min_zoom = 30
    keyset = 0
    [game]
    advanced_stats_always = 0
    advisor_verbosity = 0
    ai_factions = follow
    allusers = 1
    auto_save = 1
    blind_advisor = 0
    campaign_map_game_speed = 10
    campaign_map_speed_up = 0
    campaign_num_time_play = 184
    chat_msg_duration = 10000
    disable_arrow_markers = 1
    disable_events = 0
    english = 0
    event_cutscenes = 1
    fatigue = 1
    first_time_play = 0
    label_characters = 0
    label_settlements = 1
    micromanage_all_settlements = 1
    morale = 1
    mute_advisor = 0
    no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 1
    pref_factions_played = 40474
    tutorial_battle_played = 0
    tutorial_path = norman_prologue/battle_of_hastings
    unit_size = normal
    use_quickchat = 0
    [multiplayer]
    hotseat_autoresolve_battles = 0
    hotseat_disable_console = 1
    hotseat_disable_papal_elections = 0
    hotseat_save_prefs = 0
    hotseat_update_ai_camera = 0
    hotseat_validate_diplomacy = 1
    [network]
    use_ip =
    use_port = 27750
    [ui]
    SA_cards = show
    buttons = show
    full_battle_HUD = 1
    radar = show
    show_tooltips = 1
    unit_cards = show
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 4
    anti_alias_mode = off
    antialiasing = 0
    assassination_movies = 1
    autodetect = 0
    battle_resolution = 1024 768
    bloom = 0
    building_detail = low
    campaign_resolution = 1024 768
    depth_shadows = 0
    depth_shadows_resolution = 0
    effect_quality = low
    event_movies = 1
    gamma = 125
    grass_distance = 20
    infiltration_movies = 1
    no_background_fmv = 0
    reflection = 0
    sabotage_movies = 1
    shader = 2
    show_banners = 1
    show_package_litter = 0
    skip_mip_levels = 1
    splashes = 1
    stencil_shadows = 0
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = custom
    texture_filtering = 2
    unit_detail = high
    vegetation = 1
    vegetation_quality = high
    vsync = 0
    widescreen = 0

Thanks again for you time and effort!
    The very impossibility in which I find myself to prove that God is not, discovers to me his existence.

-Voltaire

Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from the inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.

First then, you should set the file to not read-only; right-click on it and remove the checkmark from the box next to Read-Only.
    Now, delete everything from the file EXCEPT the

[features]
    mod = Renaissance

part. Then, copy and paste the other two set of lines I wrote here, making sure there is one white line between every pair of lines. Save.
    I hope it'll work now; I like knowing players can play our mod the way it was supposed to.

Thank you Dristvaan! I followed your instructions and my problem is now fixed! Thanks for your time!

-Voltaire

You're very welcome; like I've said, I like knowing players can play our mod like it was supposed to
    When the next, not-yet-3.0 version comes out, it will contain a new .cfg file with which there will be no such problems.

I am trying to play your mod but get a dos error message saying

C:\medieval II total war \renaissance>medieval2.exe @renaissance.cfg --io.file_first
    'medieval2.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

can you help?

Default Re: Technical assistance for RenTW

Hmmm... this sounds odd. Can you play vanilla M2TW (or other mods) all right?
    Also, what version of the game do you have?
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; May 27, 2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: New title

Argus's Avatar Foederatus

I have the same problem that a user posted before me, but your solution don't work/i'm to stupid to understand it: I installed Renaissance and tried to start it with the DOS-data on the desctop, but it popped up for a few moments and disappeared without starting. I have uninstalled it and installed it in the order Medieval II Total War\Renaissance (i made this order new, nothing with 2.75), but it doesn't help. What can i do?

Hmmm, that's odd. Please, check that you have these items in your M2TW root directory.
    -A Renaissance folder.
    -A renaissance.bat file.
    -A renaissance.cfg file.

Argus's Avatar Foederatus

I have the Renaissance folder.
    I have the .cfg file.
    But what .bat file do you mean (or: on what path i find it)? I have the start (.dos) data, but i don't know if you mean this.

In the M2TW root folder, there is supposed to be a Renaissance.bat file; it must be that DOS thing you're talking about, as it is the only one you can start.
    It is indeed odd. Try this: uninstall the mod, make sure nothing remains of it (if needed, delete the Renaissance folder and the two Renaissance files by hand). Then, try re-installing RenTW.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast