Thread: campaign_descriptions.txt

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

Default campaign_descriptions.txt

hey guys,
    i had too much time again and wrote a small campaign_descriptions.txt file.
    this file includes the descriptions for England, France, the HRE, Spain and Venice. My campaign starts in 1769. This has no historical base, i just wanted to give a date that sounds realistic.
    you need to copy it into your data/text folder! enjoy!

So, I don't know how to upload files, so i'll post it as a code. All you have to do is to open the editor, copy the code in and save it as campaign_descriptions.txt in your text folder
    Code:
    ¬

{IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_ENGLAND_DESCR} This is a great time for the Kingdom of England. God gave them the hugest Empire ever built with huge regions in America, Africa, India and parts of Australia. The colonies there grew very fast, as they were once prisons, but the most prisoners and soldiers stayed there with their wifes and some "marketenders" and improved a huge colony. But England thought himself safety and the lions of Venice, Spain, France and the Holy Roman Empire have landed on Australia to get their piece of the cake.
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_ENGLAND_TITLE}Kingdom of England
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_FRANCE_DESCR} The Kingdom of France was always the surrender of the battles with England, even when William the Conqueror was a French Duke, the Duke of Normandy. France lost many of its knights and men during the 2 lost battles of Crécy and Agincourt and their sons and soughters still cried for them as England became the greatest Empire the world had ever seen. but now, France found a weakpoint of the great Empire and it's time to let it fall on the hard ground of reality. The colony in Australia has less soldiers, cause the English think they are save. And France will let them think so, till it will land in the colony after the conquest of New Guinea and the Northern island of New Zealand.
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_FRANCE_TITLE}Kingdom of France
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_HRE_DESCR} In Europe, the cities of the HRE are very full and many people would gave the last of their money for a new live. Like the can find it in Australia. The HRE started to found there a colony one year ago, and it grew very much after the Native Inhabitants were nearly extinctioned and the settlers could build farms. But the HRE is not alone on the continent and soon it will be shown if the young colony knows how to defend itself.
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_HRE_TITLE}The Holy Roman Empire
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_SPAIN_DESCR}After the successful ending of the Reconquista in Southern Spain and the founding of huge colonies in South America, the Konquistadores of Spain aim a new continent to conquer and plunder: AUstralia. But they aren't alone there. The English, Venice and the HRE have colonies on the mainland and France has conquered the surrounding islands. This time, no one will think the Konquistadores are gods and they'll have to fight against civilizations that are as good as spain itself. Total War is inevitable. And the Konquistadores will do everything to win. 
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_SPAIN_TITLE}Kingdom of Spain
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_TITLE}Australia Campaign
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_VENICE_DESCR}Now, in 1769, Venice is just a part of a small Italian state. The power of the Middle Ages is long gone. But a few merchants will relive the old days of success and money. These merchants gave the money for a huge expedition to the continent of Australia to find more money and to let the days of success come back. But the powerful English have a colony there and even when their army is weak, they can get threat very fast, so the politics of the young colony needs to be friedly to the other nations. Even just untill Venice is strong enought to move them out of Australia....
    {IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_VENICE_TITLE}Republic of Venice
    once again, ENJOY!

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: campaign_descriptions.txt

Nice job Nevada.

Nevada looks good .. but what does it have to do with OZZtralia .. struth core-blimey .. fair dincum .. stone the crows ..

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

@rorarii:
    what does that mean?
    i'm german, so i don't understand everything (especially and mostly only such things)what you want to tell me.
    Last edited by Nevada; October 12, 2007 at 12:36 PM.