Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.2 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Well, bad news...(concerning white boxes in battes)

Ther's is a wolf somewhere, but where ?

loet66's Avatar Senator

The Whaaaaat has said :

"I have found that Removing battle.sd from mods/dlv_british_isles/data/UI is a temporary fix for the white box during battles."

I've tested it on a copy of the unpacked game (MTW II + kingdoms) and It works !! The white box in battles have disappeared.

Oh, Jesus !

Many Thanks !!

I tried removing that file, but I still am missing text during battle...:hmmm:

Try replacing it with the vanilla or british isles kingdoms version of the battle.sd file. It should work.

Does replacing the battle.sd file with one from MIITW or the unpacked British Isles mod fix the missing text in battles or just the white box?

I can't reproduce either of these errors on my PC so I'm just groping around blind...

Thank you for your help!

dd

I have tried replacing the battle.sd file with one from vanilla MIITW, and there was no difference on the missing text problem.

I haven't experienced any "white boxes" (I think), has anyone posted a shot of this? I figured people were reffering to the text issue, but I gather this box thing is different...

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Derdrakken !

Personnally, I've only deleted the battles.sd file, without replacing it by another and It works ! My problem was only the whites boxes in battles, no missing text. I hope my comments will be some help to find a correct solution to these bugs.

Yes deleting the battle.sd file solves the problem of the blank white box during battles where the UI is supposed to be. So yes, I did not have any missing text, just a blank UI during battles.

Civis

Derdrakken, Point Blank already has RC converted for Brit. and Crusader camp. if you are still interested in Real Combat. They are under Kingdoms Mods. DLV RULES-THE KING. The RC are good but don't have DLV additions, which I miss.

Im screwed

Still cant even get 1.1 loaded onto my comp. the file is too big... I do not have a DVD burner to burn onto a 4 gig disk in lieu of the 700mb CD. I dont have internet on the comp I game with so I cannot do a direct download to that computer...

I finally found someone who could burn it to a DVD .. but due to copying and pasting... ACCESS DENIED.. it will not load onto my computer.... I go to start the exe file and the black screens comes up and just immediately closes.. never actually starts...

I dont know what to do unless the program can be made less than 700mb...

I have tried.. I tried spliting it apart in seperate files after I downloaded it.. but that didnt work..

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO END MY MISERY

1. Download & install WinRAR on the computer where you have Internet connection. (WinRAR is free for trial)

2. On that computer burn the big file to multiple CD's (set part size to 650 (or 700 MB) - size of your CD).

3. Install WinRAR to gaming computer.

4. Insert CD #1, start UnRAR'ing. It'll ask you for the next volume, do so ...

5. If any problems on the way, post here

Anyone else having the same problem as I have?

http://miyu.ws/~miyu/0000.tga

I did clean installation of M2 => Kingdoms => 1.1 => 1.2a
    Playing regular Kingdoms Brit works fine, but DLV 1.2a gives me that picture above

@miyu
    welcome to DLV world
    This bugs (no text and messed campaign graphics is a result of missing the vanilla sd files.

in the vanilla path C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    should be the vanilla sd files (not the modded sd ones in the mod files)
    - battle.sd
    -shared.sd
    -strategy.sd

I have attached the 3 standard ones in the zip file: unzip and put the 3 files into
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

thanks themrwho,

I will give it a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @miyu
    welcome to DLV world
    This bugs (no text and messed campaign graphics is a result of missing the vanilla sd files.

in the vanilla path C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    should be the vanilla sd files (not the modded sd ones in the mod files)
    - battle.sd
    -shared.sd
    -strategy.sd

I have attached the 3 standard ones in the zip file: unzip and put the 3 files into
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui

repman
    Thanks!

Everything in the campaign works perfectly now.

thanks repman

good thing i also benefited Theo or I would feel really bad for not looking through the whole bug thread and find out the solution (I only read first 2 pages and last, lol)

Alas, the above fix doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not getting the white blanks in the UI, but I am getting missing text in the battle menus and no merchant information in the campaign map.

The three files in the Medieval II Total War\data\ui folder weren't missing for me and were the same size as Repman's replacements - but I replaced them anyway and still get missing text and no merchant reports. Drat.

Any thoughts anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Alas, the above fix doesn't seem to work for me. I'm not getting the white blanks in the UI, but I am getting missing text in the battle menus and no merchant information in the campaign map.

The three files in the Medieval II Total War\data\ui folder weren't missing for me and were the same size as Repman's replacements - but I replaced them anyway and still get missing text and no merchant reports. Drat.

Any thoughts anyone?
    Same here. Ive tried everything. Reinstalled everything also.

Icon4 Re: DLV Britannia 1.2 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Victory conditions (failure) bug

Playing as Barons Alliance; after thoroughly hammering the English their King (last general) is finally killed in battle and should mean they are knocked out, however, after the battle I get "Victory Conditions Failed" message and my game ends.

That ain't right, is it? :hmmm:

Seems like the Barons Alliance has victory conditions mixed up with the English!

---------------------------

PS. I'm new to the forums, but not new to DLV, so I'd like to take my hat off to the genius that is DLV & DLV Britannia. You OWN!

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    Does replacing the battle.sd file with one from MIITW or the unpacked British Isles mod fix the missing text in battles or just the white box?

I can't reproduce either of these errors on my PC so I'm just groping around blind...

Thank you for your help!

dd
    Hello derdrakken, I have a standard install as instructed, this includes the latest bug-fixer and I end up with the missing battle info and text and my merchants still do not show what they are "harvesting" and for how much. I have tried all the offered solutions, exchanging files from one to the other, and none work. I have gone as far as removing the three .sd files under the UI folder to see if it would rebuild or crash out, surprisingly it does not crash out. Could it be then that the game is missing the file to "trigger" the use of these files?:hmmm: I am not a "modder" but I was hoping that a clean point of view might help with finding the solution, I know full well the problem of target lock when you are fustrated with finding a solution to an evasive problem.
    On a side note thank you and the teams for a great product and I know as a community we will find solutions to any of the problems that might arise in continued development.
    Cheers!