Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.1 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

praise harry lime and all his peoples-- he has been quick to respond and tried his best to help us posca sir.

was curious --- will I need to transfer my movie files from vanilla data to dlv_ext brit data? to see them I mean?( maybe there isnt one but I got a cut screen for william wallace -- but it just stayed black (maybe this is intentional because I never got it before)

so far after unpacking all my files and removing the geography.db and the geography txt my game is operating fine; having a good time with it ; thanks for all your hard work harry ; esp on this little thing because it really helps me get my money out of kingdoms (derdrakken even)

Quote Originally Posted by Posca View Post
    Well, as long as you understand that you were being unhelpful

i checked out a fix found by harry lime. it works pretty nicely. it needs a few touches here and there but now DLV britannia campaign is fully playable.

good things about it? this fix doesnt require to unpack.
    so you skip the time it takes and also the extra disk space.

the fix overwrites 2 txt files. so its light as... just as itself.

i sent back my report on this to derdraken and harry himself, so once they decide its working its gonna be released i pressume in very short time.

if anyone wants to try the "beta" pm me.

i really cannot believe that harry has to deffend himself of the tittle of "nonhelpful" to the DLV scene really... he is out there fighting bugs and mistakes on the DLV code since... really a long long time. and he is also one of the modders that gives more help in the forums to everyone that ask for it

and also, is one of the most polite persons i have ever read in this forums

I just would like to include my unending praise for derdrakken and the brittannia/dlv peoples because you sonsa*****es put in AOR for defeated territory-- I see myself getting norse axemen after taking norse Isle, getting english heavy billmen after taking shrewsbury !( im playing welsh)

praise be to derdrakken and the whole dlv team

Quote Originally Posted by ivanhoex View Post
    i checked out a fix found by harry lime. it works pretty nicely. it needs a few touches here and there but now DLV britannia campaign is fully playable.

good things about it? this fix doesnt require to unpack.
    so you skip the time it takes and also the extra disk space.

the fix overwrites 2 txt files. so its light as... just as itself.

i sent back my report on this to derdraken and harry himself, so once they decide its working its gonna be released i pressume in very short time.

if anyone wants to try the "beta" pm me.

i really cannot believe that harry has to deffend himself of the tittle of "nonhelpful" to the DLV scene really... he is out there fighting bugs and mistakes on the DLV code since... really a long long time. and he is also one of the modders that gives more help in the forums to everyone that ask for it

and also, is one of the most polite persons i have ever read in this forums
    Good stuff!

In all honesty, I was just giving him a hard time. I thought it was pretty obvious that I was joking around. I even made a SImpsons reference.I would never dream of going into a mod dev thread to give the creators crap in a way that isnt humorous. Maybe my humor doesent transfer so well through the keyboard. Didnt mean to ruffle any feathers. But hey, at least the problem has been solved and I cant wait to play the amazing work that you guys have provided us with.
    Last edited by Posca; October 09, 2007 at 09:41 PM.

Harry Lime is an absolute hero! Three cheers for God, England and Harry!!!

@Chaigidel Yes, you'll need to copy your FMV folder from Vanilla to dlv_britannia if you want movies. The d/l was already a huge bloated thing without the FMV folder.

@Posca. Fair enough, we're all friends here!

Cheers!

dd

Last edited by derdrakken; December 12, 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Thanks to all who worked so hard to give us the ability to play dlv in kingdoms. Job well done!

cheers
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurdenc View Post
    Finally have been able to get this to work. Harry Lime, thank you, your recommendation on the file deletion saved the day.

so, no text problems, no CTD, no crashing once the battle begins.

few easy steps

1-use the unpacker to unpack_all
    2-use the unpacker to unpack_Britannia
    3-install DLV_britannia
    3-find the files listed in the readme and get rid of them. I did this for the DLV folder AND the M2TW data folder.
    4-get rid of that pesky map.rwm in your DLV_British_isles folder under world --> base

after doing all these steps I was finally able to get it to work. Good luck for others who are still having trouble. As long as you follow MOST of these steps, read forums for extra help, it should all fall into place.
    Goddamnit! I unpacked all of this stuff and now it fixed my text problem only to give me crashes on battles!

I wasn't able to figure out how to do this though:
    (From the readme):

- In the batch file add the following line

medieval2.exe --io.file_first
    Does this matter? If so, how do I create a batch file and what not?

Thanks alot.

This also used to happen to me. Make sure that you also unpacked the britannia kingdoms mod, and THEN install DLV_Britannia.

Afterwards, go through your data folder for your M2TW folder, the data folder for British_isles, and the data folder for DLV_Britannia and remove the desc_geography_new (mine says new) db and txt file. If you do this it should work fine.

If not, uninstall DLV_Britannia and delete its old folder under mods as some files may still remain. Now, reinstall it and as long as you deleted the map.rwm file AND those pesky geography files mentioned, it should work. At least this has worked for me so far. In the beginning I spent many a hour fixing that battle-crash problem. Easy way to check for this is to do quick battle once in the game, and if it works, great, if not, repeat the steps and see where the mistake is.

Lastly, DLV_britannia already creates a BAT file for you, so don't worry about that. the most important thing, like Harry mentioned, are the geography files.

good luck!

Jehuu's Avatar Foederatus

it works, it works - much apriciated!!!!!
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

derdrakken, can we expext the ivanhoex fix soon? looking forward to this.

derdrakken,

oh man.. I got issues.. I need to play this mod.. but I got 1 odd problem... My gaming comp is not online.. so I have to download files from this comp which only has a CD burner.. not for DVD 4 Gigs.. the cd's only have 700mb of memory...

I got issues.. all friends have dial up.. it would take 8 hours to download...

This comp is fast but no DVD burner... only cd for 700mb

any help you could provide would be awesmoe.. I did try to compress the file after downloading... on compressed it from 714 to 712

Jehuu's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Odie the King View Post
    derdrakken,

oh man.. I got issues.. I need to play this mod.. but I got 1 odd problem... My gaming comp is not online.. so I have to download files from this comp which only has a CD burner.. not for DVD 4 Gigs.. the cd's only have 700mb of memory...

any help you could provide would be awesmoe.. I did try to compress the file after downloading... on compressed it from 714 to 712
    what program did you use to compress the file, most programs allow you to set archive size in your case to be sure 650 mb would be nice and you will have to files wich you can then burn to two different cds!
    Don't rely on sheer numbers anymore - better to have the God's gift of higher morale on your side!

it seems like family members are dying MUCH too often. I had a newly graduated military commander standing right outside his castle and wham, 6 months later, dead. Of what? Natural causes....

I guess what I'm asking is is there a way I can alter the file that is killing off all my family members almost every year/other year? It seems family members never died near as often in DLV 5.0

Much appreciated!

@ derdraken

i probably included this info in the pm, but the problems i have found with the patch are as follow:

merchants do not inform whatever profits they are making in neither the map nor the list of agents
    the status of the troops on the battle is not displayed (you can see the symbols so its not so terrible really) (status: tired, wavering, etc)
    some words from the UI are not yet, like "EXIT" or "START BATTLE" or "DEPLOY PHASE"...

except for the merchants, all players that play dlv will probably have no worry about... we know where is each button by memory, but maybe more recent players will thank you enough for the extra effort on the buttons

Quote Originally Posted by Odie the King View Post
    derdrakken,

download britannia campaign

extract (point to a folder where it is not installed the medieval 2)

open the newly created folder (dlv_britannia)

select some folders, mark in paper or in a txt in wich order you will have to decompress them

burn 2 cds

if it is still 2 chunks of more than 700 megs, then compress certain folders. preferable those with .txt on it.

the dlv_britannia folder is meant to be at the sega/medieval 2 total war/mods/.. folder

btw, you will also want to try first with the options of your cd recorder, because different settings in the "language" (in wich im an analphabet) with wich you write to disk may increase the amount of data here.
    Last edited by ivanhoex; October 10, 2007 at 02:02 PM.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by gurdenc View Post
    it seems like family members are dying MUCH too often. I had a newly graduated military commander standing right outside his castle and wham, 6 months later, dead. Of what? Natural causes....

I guess what I'm asking is is there a way I can alter the file that is killing off all my family members almost every year/other year? It seems family members never died near as often in DLV 5.0

Much appreciated!
    Yes the text relating to this is different to DLV5.
    Anyway the file you need to edit is dlv_british_isles\data\descr_campaign_db.
    Open the file & look for the <family_tree> section. To change to DLV5 settings use this as an example (only change these 3 lines).
    <max_age uint="120"/>
    <max_age_before_death uint="121"/>
    <old_age uint="30"/>

Hope this helps

EDIT: Woohooo 700th post!
    Last edited by Harry Lime; October 10, 2007 at 01:56 PM.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

@ derdrakken

i just would like to thank you for your glorios effort of bringing DLV to kingdoms!

Maybe you can also add this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=123351

to your files.

This would be really great. I already have tested this modification, and it is great so far.

Okay so I'm trying to open the British_isles file, but it tells me that my computer dosen't know what to use to open the file. I'm sorry to be so dumb, but what should I do now? Is it different than a "normal" file?

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    Okay so I'm trying to open the British_isles file, but it tells me that my computer dosen't know what to use to open the file. I'm sorry to be so dumb, but what should I do now? Is it different than a "normal" file?
    Do you mean the descr_campaign_db file? If you do it's an XML file but I use Notepad++ to edit it or you could use an XML editor.

It just says british_isles. I'm really not sure what an XML editor is, but are you saying that I can just tell it to open it with Notepad?

Thanks alot

@s.rwitt

Can you tell me the location of this file please? As in M2TW\data\etc. etc.