Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV Americas, Teutonic Knights & Britannia - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Icon10 Re: DLV Britannia 1.2 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    Oh the blues of Vista...I've got to see if the Duke of Wellington's "Virtual Store" is what is fouling up my DLV 5.1...sure sounds like it.

For my friend Midwinter, here is a picture of the new Devon in the upcoming 1.2d update...

Cheers!

dd
    Oh happy day! Cornwall is no longer treated as a barren waste-of-space in DLV. Derdrakken, I hereby name you an honourary Cornishman. Many thanks.

Default Re: DLV Britannia 1.2 - Bug Report, Comments Thread

Interesting other mod thread concerning the Britannia scenario especially the family trees, historical Earls, with extra towns!

Princes, Kings and Heroes

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76166

@Midwinter -- Oh happy day! Cornwall is no longer treated as a barren waste-of-space in DLV. Derdrakken, I hereby name you an honourary Cornishman. Many thanks.

You are welcome my friend! And I'm honored by that honor!

Cheers!

dd

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Wellesley View Post
    King Haakon may not be a zombie, but he still does some Voodoo!

He's 62, thats fine, Margret is 58, yep thats all fine.

Their son, Frederik Haakonson, is 7.
    Wow, thats amazing even by todays standards!

Bless the old fella, he's done the business!
    It must have been a romantic Friday..
    ...you know Freya's Day!
    Max. age of conception is set at 55, so the Haak-meister sired his last at the wire. What you have here sir, is a miracle baby.

Cheers!

dd

Quote Originally Posted by gfortune View Post
    Interesting other mod thread concerning the Britannia scenario especially the family trees, historical Earls, with extra towns!

Princes, Kings and Heroes

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76166
    Very cool! His map work is STUNNING!

dd

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Felix View Post
    @ DD

Nice job on the addition of Waterford, the SE of Ireland was pretty barren. Noticed as well that you did some work on expanding the Irish family tree (and it looks like you axed O'Briens wife).

Nice work, and thanks for the update

As always, you are welcome mi amigo! And carefree O'Brien didn't need that lass cramping his style. Cheers!!! dd

New in the upcoming 1.2d update -- Relief armies spawn when core cities are besieged. So now the AI factions get a twofer: garrison spawns AND a relief army spawns in the region near the city under siege. Should make breaking the back of an AI faction a wee bit more difficult.

Also, I've tripled the income of resources to make merchants worth building.

And increased the size of the armies spawned for Welsh rebellion, William Wallace & the invasion force of the Jarl of Norway.

Cheers!

dd
    Last edited by derdrakken; November 03, 2007 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticPagan View Post
    Repman and Harry, I get a CTD when I try to enter into combat mode. The DLV meter runs to the end, the battle screen starts up and then it crashes, giving me an error message "M2TW has encountered an unspecified problem and will now close"

This seems to occur most frequently if:
    1. I have a large stack
    2. If the stack includes any artillery units
    Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated greatly!
    I have this problem in the Britannia 1.2c bugfix patch.

Everything was fine until after staring a new campaign the game started to crash when I try to load any battle, even a quick battle from the single player menu. I have not changed anything myself that could of broke it apart from playing the campaign...?

(awsome mod btw! )
    Last edited by genji; November 03, 2007 at 07:41 AM. Reason: forget to thank for a great mod :)

Genji,

What Operating System are you running?

Here's something to try:

In the /data/UI folder
    Change battle.sd to battle.bak and see if that makes any difference.

The *.sd files were added in 1.2c to clear up some UI problems for some but may be causing problems for others.

Cheers!

dd

thanks for the fix, sadly changing the file to a .bak didnt work. My vanilla kingdoms also ctd when i enter battles now so im going to try to reinstall the game tomorrow unless someone has any other suggestions i could try.

I use win XP SP2

Well this won't help Genji , but for Vista users:

----
    Important Note for Vista Users:
    After installing DLV Britannia, delete the dlv_british_isles folder (if present) in this path:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_british_isles

Your path after ..VirtualStore\ may vary if you used other than the default install path.

Files in the VirtualStore are read first by Vista, so updates will be ignored unless you delete that evil folder
    ----
    Cheers! dd

Graphic errors. vanilla game works fine but starting this makes big green, yellow and red boxes appear around every city. Strange. :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Spjut View Post
    Graphic errors. vanilla game works fine but starting this makes big green, yellow and red boxes appear around every city. Strange. :hmmm:
    See post #153...see if Repman's files fixes the problem. Cheers! dd

Need some tech help
    Installed the game and patches , also copied the UI files from Rep post
    BUT i am still having the missing text problem in battles !

any idea ??

thanx

I have missing text in battle, missing income of merchant and missing traits description (Command, Loyalty, Dread/Chivalry & Management).

---> All solve by unpacked Medieval II [\tools\unpacker\unpack_all.bat] and suppression of the two "descr_geography_new" in data [\data\].

[It's a bit extrem in space but if the needed files could be identified, it will solve the problem]

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Well, obviously something is going on that modders do not know about in the british_isles folder for the Britannia campaign - the reason for this is thet there is another mod called Kingdom of the Scots tha says the british_isles folder needs to be unpacked then a copy of the folder made and the the copied folder renamed to kindomofthescots, then to install the mod and delete the geography files. Following these instructions, I also get the missing text described here and not solved. So now two mods that deal with the british_isles folder in similar ways are creating exactly the same problem.

It should also be noted that Darth's AI for Kingdoms works fine with all the campaigns except the Britannia campaign, because it does not seem to like the british_isles folder unpacked.

The above two issues tells me that the british_isles folder is not seen as the same packed as when unpacked. It is that change that is calling these text issues for both these mods dealing with the british_isles folder and is why Darth's AI for Kingdoms will not work with the unpacked british_isles folder but will with the packed one.

I will not download a this 700mb file while this still exists, not will I download the 650mb Kingdom of the Scots mod until it is fixed. It would seem that in this thread people have it working and the discussion is changing to those that have it working and not those that still seem to have the text fix, and reading between the lines with the modders of both this and Kingdom of the Scots is that this text problem, for those that have it, is not going to be fixed.

So I will therefore put both to one side in my mind until either or both modders come up with a most definite fix for this text problem.

The Bruce from the Kingdom of the scots mod has found out how to fix the text problim. It works for both mods and I have comfirmed it works for DLV Britannia.

Copy {dont remove} the Text folder thats in
    :\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\dlv_british_isles\data

to
    :\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data

and thats it. My :\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data folder did not have a text folder in it and I guess thats why I had the text issue.

Last edited by derdrakken; November 07, 2007 at 12:51 AM.

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Hello Snoop7, Well done! I have tested this and low and behold it does work! I have been working on this along the same stream but did not think to copy the whole folder over, I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Again well done.
    Cheers!
    Andrew Marcinov

Civis

Thanks guys for the text solution. I'm going to fix mine game now. DLV RULES-THE KING.