Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Quote Originally Posted by darkrider View Post
    Hi Tiberiu!
    i installed your new version, and im playing americas.
    i ask a question, where can i find the screenshots made in battle.
    i have a very funny one.
    mercenary natives look like ghost soilders!very funny
    i still have problem with musketeers, they just reload, and only a few shoot.
    and my canons stoped firing at the wall?very akwaerd.

hope for your help
    bye
    The screens are found in the root folder of med2 in the tgas folder.(C:\games\medieval2\tgas\)
    And please tell me the wierd native units you found. I checked them to see if they present problems(due to armor upgrades) but I found none for them since they cannot upgrade their armor.

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

native mercenaries, and native warriors look like ghosts

i tried musketeers again, they were shooting fine, but only the first line, than they reloaded!in the first line!some guys shoot from the second line, but than the first line shoots again. and if something happens to the line, i mean moving, or hit by archers, they wont start shooting again, untill they reform!
    huge problem!
    or even if they just stop reforming, i cant do with them nothing

thats all, the rest is ok till now
    i just dont get the 2 hp thing for spanish??
    some units get it some not...they are way to powerfull!

bye

i played nother siege in 5 turn, rebel eagle and arrow warriors same porblem, look like ghosts, so you cant see thorugh them, as if they would have silver skin!
    nother prolem, my native warriors have also silver skin, but in their hands axes, and in description, and on pirture they have these club like wood swords, or somethin, i dont know the correct name,

and why does cortes description card look like as normal buckler man?altough he is mounted...

i dont know much about cortes expansion, but didnt he just run trough america, not conquring, but just plundering, and going straight to the capital, and that why they could win with 500man, with some native help.
    cause i sieged some city, and i lost 94man, mainly natives, only 5conquitedors, and killed 1350 indians!!!
    ist insina man!how could they kill so many, not being hurt??

very unfair....

please comment it
    bye

The problem with Cortez is also in Vanillla Kingdoms. I think they forgot to make a pic for him...I can't fix that. Sorry.
    About the power of the Spanish units. That's the whole point of the America campaign! Native units were afraid of the newly arrived men from Europe(Notice that I added the fear bonus for European units). Also some European units have 2 HP, BUT the unit size is only half of a normal one. Again this is part of the America campaign philosophy . Fewer European units can kill way more native one. This was the case how it really happened in those days.
    Europeans were smashing there way through america. The disease help allot the Europeans too... But there are native units that are powerful enough to handle European one...

Thank you for pointing out the units with the silver model thing. This goes to my bug list. If you have more please let me know. Thanx again.

hi!
    can you do somethin to the musketeers?
    realy anoying that they just stand and watch!!

thx

I just noticed something alarming.

I started off a Britannia game with Wales, and checked out my units. I noticed great discrepancies in their upkeep costs, as if they werenīt balanced at all. Considering the upkeep costs are way more important than recruitment costs, would anyone care to comment if thereīs something going on that you canīt see from the stats, or is it just that that part hasnīt been looked into yet, and I should try to correct the discrepancies myself?

As an example, I would offer the Ae... Spearmen (with 23 defense) vs. any other Irish infantry, their upkeep cost is 125, and many seemingly much inferior units have the same or higher upkeep costs! (Oh, and the spearmen units are 250 men strong, so size isnīt the issue here.)

Anyway, no offense is meant and if thereīs something here that doesnīt meet the eye, then all is fine.
    Last edited by Glabro; November 16, 2007 at 07:47 PM.

@darkrider: I will look into it.
    @Glabro: The costs are the vanilla ones. I didn't touched it so that I won't affect the game balance. I also think that the costs don't fit, that they are without reason for some units. If somebody wants to fix this then they need to edit all the costs for all the units and if necessary change the income from farms/resources/king's purse so that the game is ballanced again...I did my custom version of the EDU which I had balanced the costs and it took me some effort. This is easy to make but it takes some time...

Hi!
    please do somethin with musketeers, because its co anying, when they just watch or reform, but never shoot!!
    please
    bye

@darkrider: I am also disappointed about the way musketeers behave in Medieval 2. I found them worthless. As a matter of fact, I increased their power, precision so that now they are more adequate. Still they reform to many times and if there is some friendly unit in front of them they don't fire...I don't like them myself...
    The thing is that I deleted some files by accident from Medieval 2 folder and now I need to reinstall everything in order to make it work again.But I don't have the patience to do it all again(my God, patching takes ages...).
    BUT I found something that could help you. Edit the EDU(export_descr_units)
    and go to the desired gunpowder unit(musketeer..whatever) and go to the formation line of that unit. Now try to see how the unit performs by using the "fire_by_rank" attribute. First leave it how it is and test the unit. Then add the fire_by_rank at the end of the formation line(don't forget to add a ','). Now test the unit again and see how it works. If this doesn't help then there is nothing you can do. This reforming thing is hard-codded.
    Ohhh.. try to use the musketeers in a 2 line formation. If you use them in multiple lines then they will jam up when they reform...
    Good luck and please tell me how it went. I'm also curious. THanx

now it looks like this:
    formation 1.0, 1.0, 2.4, 1.2, 3, square
    should i add like
    formation 1.0, 1.0, 2.4, 1.2, 3, square, "fire_by_rank"
    ?
    or replace the quare with "fire_by_rank"?
    i will try
    thx

i fought to add the fire_by_rank thing. But you could experiment by only using fire_by_rank, or none of these attributes. See if it works and which combination you find to be the best.

Hmm, I see. It is as I suspected then, the vanilla costs are to blame.

A simple mathematical formula for making upkeep costs relative to the unit recruitment cost is in order as a quick fix. After all, you can make that change very easily using find ->replace.

After all, upkeep costs as a fraction of the purchase cost is a time-honoured wargame tradition. Of course, this might lead to certain cavalry units being much less affordable - but then again heavy cavalry is anything but affordable.

I also chose to halve all ship upkeep costs - it was my opinion that paying the upkeep for a navy shouldnīt be the issue with them nearly in the same way as is with armies - after all, ships donīt eat or need pay!

Atman's Avatar Libertus

Hi dude,

looks like not everything in battles has been darthed in this mod?

just tried it with crusades and the units seem to move at vanilla superspeeds? Is that how you intended? If I remember corrrectly, in original darth mod he slowed them down to a reasonable speeds.

Atman's Avatar Libertus

Britannia seems to work fine...but Crusades? I saw this mod and decided to install MTW2+Kingdoms just to play crusades, and now you're telling me you didn't even mod Crusades units. It's cool and all you did this, but why not inform people that it's INCOMPLETE.

Quote Originally Posted by Atman View Post
    Britannia seems to work fine...but Crusades? I saw this mod and decided to install MTW2+Kingdoms just to play crusades, and now you're telling me you didn't even mod Crusades units. It's cool and all you did this, but why not inform people that it's INCOMPLETE.
    Wow, wow wow...slow down...How is it incomplete??? Look at the unit stats? If the cavalry has big charging power then the crusades are modded. If the defensive values are higher than in vanilla then it is modded.

Atman's Avatar Libertus

yeah, cavalry has big charging power.

but why units in crusades are faster (vanilla-fast) than in other campaigns? Is it the sand that allows them to glide over surface.

Are you saying that units are moving on the map faster???
    If the answer is yes then it is probably due to the sand. Probably the sand surfaces don't slow down units like it happens on grassy surfaces...

Atman's Avatar Libertus

It's not even funny.

Why won't u do something about it. Seriously, I started custom battle just to check it out and crusader units (KoJ) have this crazy speed.

I'm not being sarcastic or funny here.
    I think CA made the mounted units faster in order to catch up with the light horse archers.
    I don't have now time to tweak this, but you could try it yourself. Go to the crusades/data directory and edit the descr_pathfinding.txt file. Tweak it yourself. And I'm not being sarcastic here. I just don't have the time to do this.Sorry

Tiberiu: care to let us know what formula you used for balancing unit costs, or better yet, can you make the file available?