Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Darth Battle AI for Kingdoms!

Tiberiu_R, If you need a head start for testing you can download the file from my filefront, as all Darth TEAM members are still able to download. It is clearly marked, and I will upload. Then you can test too. I am lacking in time ATM.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberiu_R View Post
    Well for the campaign AI i will try Xeryx's AI. It looks promminsing. I looked around his thread and it seems he is doing a great job...Never got to talk with him about it...I will give it a try, after i release the Darth Battle AI version 1.2
    I need to look at the missile units and then it is ready.
    dead.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; October 27, 2007 at 05:37 PM.

Well for the campaign AI i will try Xeryx's AI. It looks promminsing. I looked around his thread and it seems he is doing a great job...Never got to talk with him about it...I will give it a try, after i release the Darth Battle AI version 1.2
    I need to look at the missile units and then it is ready.
    I got another bug you may check out.I was playing the English and i was attacking the rebel city Exeter.I sent 2 dismounted knight units with ladders and assualted the walls.The units were right next to each other,one attacking left and the other attacking right.While they were fighting i sent a third unit up the ladders already there to join and reinforce the fight the first to groups just dropped dead on the wall for no reason.I only had 5 left in each group.I saw it happen.They all just fell flat dead.

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

LOL...I never heard this before. But I do belive you it happends. Still i cannot look into it since I can make it happend again. I don't have any logical explanation for this...What can I say? Things heapen...

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Well the moment was when i had 2 units jammed between 2 enemy units on the wall fighting and i sent a third unit to join the fight.They looked like lemmings all jammed together hardly moving,just bobbing and before the third unit was completely up the ladders the 2 units on the walls dropped dead.I also noticed that it is hard to get the units that are on the walls to respond to orders.Like get them to move across the walls to attack the enemy further down on another section or even get them to come down off the walls to attack on the ground.It seems it takes several clicks to get them to move.Maybe you can try this senairio by sending 3 or 4 units close to gether on a wall section yourself and see if anything happens.It was almost like there may have been just to much in one spot and the computer eliminated 2 units to make room for the third.Maybe it was just a fluke.But the units bunching up on the walls and not responding to orders happens often.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; October 28, 2007 at 10:52 AM.

Here is another moment of wierd science.I sent an army down to assualt the city held by the Moors city Coradoba with 3 ladder units and 3 siege tower units.When these units got to the walls the ladders and drop gates on the towers were much higher than the walls.The guys on the ladders climbed all the way to the top and jumped down onto the wall and the units on the siege towers dropped down off the gate like they were dropping off a diving board.None died from the drop but it was wierd that the siege equipment was ment for much higher walls.Guess they had an engineer on crack.

Tiberiu_R - you didn't understand what i asked.

The HostSeat mod works well and doesn't need any document modified.

Here is a better explanation: Me and other guys play HotSeat and we want a mod with very good AI like this one. But with this mod you can save a hotseat and load it with vanilla or other mod. We don't want that because perhaps some guys want to cheat and load the saved game (that's from this mod) with vanilla and vanilla has a lot worse AI than this mod.

Can you give me a tip of how i could change the mod so i can only load with the mod and if i try load with vanilla or another mod it would crash?

Thanks for patience and answer even if it wasn't what i wanted.

@OSDEA7: Wierd...I will try duplicate what you said...I'm curious...
    @SunEyed: Ohh, I now understand exactly what you said. You made it clear now. There is no direct way to make this. It would have been a good idea if CA made a system that check everyone's configuration before a hotseat campaign starts. But i think there is a way to force a check. If I include a file that is absolutely necessary. If a player's saved game starts then he will get a crash if he doesn't have what it takes.A new unit or something...I will think at this.

Thanks.

AFAIK in version 1.0 kindoms units were not darthed. Can you tell Tiberiu_R if they are darthed now?

@shonelli The 1.1 version has way more fixes than 1.0. It is highly recommended you use it. In 1.1 there are some critical bugs solved and some units were 'darthed' but not all of them.

thx for answer Tiberiu_R

definatly will use

Uploaded a new version of the mod(1.2).

Darth_Battle_AI_Kingdoms vers 1.2
    =================================
    -fixed the Jaguar Warrior unit info card bug(for Mayans)
    -added the fear capability for mounted units(like conquiestadores, new world bodyguard), gunpowder units, artilery units.
    Now native warriors are afraid of horses and gunpowder units, just like it should be.
    -fixed the description error for Richard and Saladin
    -tweaked the charge distance for the new units
    -corrected some formations bugs for pikemen. They were tweaked. They should be ok now.
    -fixed the bug of silver-model for some units(some units like Knigths Hospitaliers could upgrade their armor, but there
    were no new models for them)
    -missile units are more powerful now(not too much, +2 or +4 for the missile power). They now have more punch and can deal
    with the enemy.
    -also gunpowder units are more powerful
    -other tweaks.

@Ahlerich: Well, in this mod i used Darth's AI and did not change it. Sorry. I will look later on,probably. But don't expect this to happend soon.
    @pajomife@iol.pt: you need to be more specific with your problem.
    First of all i did not try holly land mod. How is this mod. Is it for Kingdoms?
    And what does the system.log say?
    I found the seige battles a little weak also.The enemy has all of the seige equipment but won't attack.You have to send your troops out to get them.The AI needs to be more agressive here.This is a good situation on making you learn how to use units in defense.Arhers are good and if they break through and you don't have enough swordsman and spearman you could lose the fortress.Good agressive Ai will force you to balance your troops.Is this possible?Or is this to much of a task?Tell me if i ask for things that are not possible.I'am just a pc noob and don't realise all it takes to do the good work you guys do.If i did i would be doing it myself.I love this stuff.P.S. The AI in Field battles are great.You Modders are great.I learn more an more everytime i mess with this stuff.Thank you!
    Last edited by OSDEA7; October 30, 2007 at 07:42 PM.

Tiberiu - i instaled the new version i tested that the vanilla can load a new game of 1.2 AI darth mod for kingdoms. Can you help with the request of before?

@OSDEA7: Yes...Sadly Darth AI isn't that great when it comes to sieges. It is difficult to mod this. I think i will try to merge Ultimate AI with Darth's(I will use Ultimate's Siege AI and Darth's Battle AI). But this will take some time. I think I will do this for the next version. Also I want to see how the campaign AI made by Xeryx is behaving. I am going to test it a bit in the weekend...
    @SunEyed: Nothing was done regarding the hotseat limitation. I need to make a custom version for this. I wanted to add a new building which is absolutely necessary in order to construct a new one. But then again I think a player can still use the game in hotseat without the mod. I don't know if this is possible. I'm afraid it is not...I will ask other modders. Maybe there is a way...

@OSDEA7: Yes...Sadly Darth AI isn't that great when it comes to sieges. It is difficult to mod this. I think i will try to merge Ultimate AI with Darth's(I will use Ultimate's Siege AI and Darth's Battle AI). But this will take some time. I think I will do this for the next version. Also I want to see how the campaign AI made by Xeryx is behaving. I am going to test it a bit in the weekend...
    @SunEyed: Nothing was done regarding the hotseat limitation. I need to make a custom version for this. I wanted to add a new building which is absolutely necessary in order to construct a new one. But then again I think a player can still use the game in hotseat without the mod. I don't know if this is possible. I'm afraid it is not...I will ask other modders. Maybe there is a way...
    I'll keep watching for your updates.Glad to here your still at it.Guess by the time your done this game will kick ass.Thanks for sharing this with us noobs.

Tiberiu, now i'am playing a bit of your kingdoms and gonna just say sometimes, some bugs and ups and downs that i think that would better the game.

At turn 1, when attack the england town with the irish, first the peasent archers go too far from the spearmen and they should go stay behing the spearmens. In the town/castle or open ground, peasent archers run to me isolated and easy to charge with cavalry, so i recomend that the peasent archers stay close to some of his army, so when any enemy aproach to them, they would run to the backs of their partners, like spearmen.

When taking the walls down, maybe the spearmen of the town under siege could go behind the indestructuble walls and if any enemy archers go attack them they would go to the downtown.

Hi Tiberiu!
    i installed your new version, and im playing americas.
    i ask a question, where can i find the screenshots made in battle.
    i have a very funny one.
    mercenary natives look like ghost soilders!very funny
    i still have problem with musketeers, they just reload, and only a few shoot.
    and my canons stoped firing at the wall?very akwaerd.

hope for your help
    bye