Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your questions here

Default Re: Post your questions here

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePierce View Post
    What about the African cultures?
    yes, I agree that there should an african cultures in northern africa.

I would propose:

greek
    roman
    african
    semitic (incl. phoenician, arabian and others)
    persian
    western barbarian
    eastern barbarian
    Last edited by Papirius; October 26, 2007 at 03:17 PM.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

u repeated the same post? and to repeat myself again u forgot the steppe culture I'd say that there would only be one barbarian culture.

forgot, because of my older post? I replaced the nomadic culture by eastern barbarian culture

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

when u say eastern barbarian I would think more of the Getai and I doubt that the eb would ever call it like that.

surely they won't. I was thinking of all eastern tribal cultures (particulary the nomadic ones) as 'eastern barbarian'. The idea is to make factions like, for example, scythia stay in the eastern steppe-regions, where they lived historically. But it's a question of taste, if one wants to have this distinction.

To have six advanced cultures, mainly grouped
    around the mediterranean sea and in the middle east (roman, greek, poenician, egyptian, persian,..., for example) and one barbarian culture (in the edge areas of the map: northern and eastern europe; africa) is surely a good concept.
    Last edited by Papirius; October 30, 2007 at 01:11 PM.

I think that the cultures should be roman, hellenistic, persian/eastern, nomadic, phoenician(mainly carthage), celtic and germanic. dont use eastern/western barbarian. germanic and celtic is better to divide it. if you look at the galatians in asia minor they were celtic not eastern barbarian. the nomads of steppes could not be considered eastern barbarian because of the getai and thracia. they are barbaric peoples. you do see greek/hellen culture in thrace but they are still barbaric. the getai were germanic but were from thrace orginionally. the tribes of germania were much different than the celtic tribes of briton and gaul. i dont like the fact of them both being considered western barbarian. also the iberians of spain are then even more different from the germanians. the celts i believe did mix with the iberians in earlier centurys so it was considered both iberian and celtic. i dont really care to represent the iberians though because they were strongly influenced by the celts, carthaginians, romans, plus a little bit of greek. there culture was never a major one during the time of eb.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

What is the Full Faction List and Can I see the Map ??

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

We have not yet released the faction list, but it will be the same factions as EB1 (see website if you don't know) plus ten new factions as the M2TW engine allows.

The map will cover the same area as EB1 but with an increased scale.

Quinctilius Varus's Avatar Miles

The faction list include China and Indians Kingdoms?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon3 Re: Post your questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Quinctilius Varus View Post
    The faction list include China and Indians Kingdoms?
    How would that be possible if the map still covers the same area? The Chinese are out, although a Maurean Satrapy (NOT the entire Maurean Kingdom) is considered as a possible faction.

Will the romans use the armor progression to get Lorica Segmentia (sp?) as final (Gold) armor?
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    How would that be possible if the map still covers the same area? The Chinese are out, although a Maurean Satrapy (NOT the entire Maurean Kingdom) is considered as a possible faction.
    Ok.

Maurya Empire is a good choice for me, because Europe and Mediterranean Sea are full with over 20 factions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    We have not yet released the faction list, but it will be the same factions as EB1 (see website if you don't know) plus ten new factions as the M2TW engine allows.

The map will cover the same area as EB1 but with an increased scale.
    Why the same map of EB1?, i think map must be expanded with 31 factions.
    It's only a my idea:hmmm:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Icon3 Re: Post your questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Life is Rubbish View Post
    Will the romans use the armor progression to get Lorica Segmentia (sp?) as final (Gold) armor?
    I doubt it. Lorica segmentata did not come into general use until 50 A.D., so it's mostly out of time-frame. Also, it may not exactly have been an upgrade of Lorica Hamata as far as protective properties are concerned (but this is debatable).

Quote Originally Posted by Quinctilius Varus View Post
    Why the same map of EB1?, i think map must be expanded with 31 factions.
    It's only a my idea:hmmm:
    Firstly, M2:TW does not add 31 factions; it adds ten, which makes a total of 31 factions. Secondly, the game allows only a maximum of 199 cities, and EB1 is already at that limit. Expansion into China would mean sacrificing detail in Europe. Thirdly, why go there at all? Historically, there was very little contact between China and Indo-Bactria, and for good reasons. The natural barriers between those are formidable to anyone but steppe nomads. Any Chinese factions would be essentially cut of from the other factions and fight their own wars; as it would be extremely unrealistic for them to send armies into India or Bactria. That's not to say they aren't interesting, but better as a mod on itself rather than an extension to EB. Lastly, it would require the EB team to do all their research over for the Chinese as well, and that would take a lot of time.

Citizen

Yeah, it's the hardcoded province limit that dictates the map extent. I'm sure nearly everyone would love to extend the map. Get CA to add more provinces to M2TW and you might see India, though I doubt you'll see China no matter the number of provinces added.

I doubt it. Lorica segmentata did not come into general use until 50 A.D., so it's mostly out of time-frame. Also, it may not exactly have been an upgrade of Lorica Hamata as far as protective properties are concerned (but this is debatable).

Firstly, M2:TW does not add 31 factions; it adds ten, which makes a total of 31 factions. Secondly, the game allows only a maximum of 199 cities, and EB1 is already at that limit. Expansion into China would mean sacrificing detail in Europe. Thirdly, why go there at all? Historically, there was very little contact between China and Indo-Bactria, and for good reasons. The natural barriers between those are formidable to anyone but steppe nomads. Any Chinese factions would be essentially cut of from the other factions and fight their own wars; as it would be extremely unrealistic for them to send armies into India or Bactria. That's not to say they aren't interesting, but better as a mod on itself rather than an extension to EB. Lastly, it would require the EB team to do all their research over for the Chinese as well, and that would take a lot of time.
    I won't say to add China, i think india is a good addition for the map.but i understand your positions
    Last edited by Quinctilius Varus; November 05, 2007 at 09:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Thirdly, why go there at all? Historically, there was very little contact between China and Indo-Bactria, and for good reasons.
    True, I only heard about a reference to a small group of strange warriors whose shield interlock like fish scales - that probably depict some sort of legionaries. And that's it.

I'd love to see a Chinese M2TW mod though. Their history is just as rich. Probably a lot harder to study (Chinese sources) though.

ave!

guys u're fantastic!!!!...but what about the falanx???

will be in the mod??is very important for the greek factions!
    Res Bellicae team member

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Flavio View Post
    ave!

guys u're fantastic!!!!...but what about the falanx???

will be in the mod??is very important for the greek factions!
    Yes, the pike formation from M2TW will be reworked to make the phalanx.

What about the "testudo"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast