Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post your questions here

Quinctilius Varus's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Post your questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    True, I only heard about a reference to a small group of strange warriors whose shield interlock like fish scales - that probably depict some sort of legionaries. And that's it.

maybe they were the legionaries of Crassus captuerd by the Parts after the battle of Carrahe,still today the popolation of Li-chien have europeans featuers such as light hair and light eyes, but i think is a legend.
    :hmmm:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyePierce View Post
    My real burning qestion is how will you deal with the papal states and its associated features, i.e. the college of cardinals and crusades?
    I asked this some days back and then the other day I was looking for a new mod to waste the next month of my life playing. I found an HRE mod - i forget where it is or what it's called, but it has elections for both the pope and the holy roman empire. I remember a few people on the RTR forums talking about it being a shame you couldn't have a roman senate and also a similar pan-hellenic thing. If I find the thread again I'll post a link.

So, my question is - if it wouldn't take away time from more pressing things, would you consider implementing something like this?
    Or is it out of the bounds of the concept you have for EBII?

Icon3 Re: Post your questions here

Quote Originally Posted by Space Voyager View Post
    True, I only heard about a reference to a small group of strange warriors whose shield interlock like fish scales - that probably depict some sort of legionaries. And that's it.
    Yes, I head it. It's certainly an intriguing story, although hardly conclusive. Even so, it was hard enough for a trade caravan or group of mercenaries to from India (or Bactria) to China. It would have been impossible for an army.

6 cultures which I think were most noticable:
    Roman (obviously in Italy) and will expand as the Republic grows
    Phoenician - Carthage, Tyre and perhaps a minority along coastal towns to reflect trade enclaves?
    Hellene - Greece, Macedon, Epirus, noticable minorities from Anatolia to Baktria, Persepolis, major cities of Ptolemy, Massilia, Sicilian towns, Taras, minority trader groups/mercenaries in throughout the Mediterranean?
    Celt - a map on Wiki shows that they were abundant for Casse, Gallic factions, Iberia, southern Germany to modern Poland, Bulgaria. Galatia and minorities in other Anatolian towns?
    Persian - old satraps: Anatolia to Baktria/Persepolis, minorities in Egypt?
    Other (Barbarian) - or some other term to refer to miscellaneous cultures, from the non-Celts of Iberia, the non-Persians of the steppe, Africans, Northern Germans, Finnic Tribes. Would nomads be a better term? It's just that I don't see these other cultures growing to such an extent that they would, say, alter the cultural makeup of Alexandria, Baktria, Rome...

Finally, what institutions will quicken cultural conversion? Libraries, festivals, schools, veteran settlements, trade settlements, lvl 1 MICs.

It's been mentioned somewhere that jihads/crusades will be able to reflect mass migrations. ie, Gallic armies suddenly spawning and moving down into Italy, Yuezi nomads flooding into AS. That would be sweet!

Question concerning Cathage: Is there a way for M2TW to restrict the amount of units recruited from a city, so that a faction like Carthage will hire more mercenaries than raise citizen armies at home.

Finally, I don't think we should have Chinese of Indian factions. This is Europa Barbarorm, not Asia Barbarorum. The idea that we have factions like Saba and Saka are already pushing it. I say keep the game centered more in Europe.

I think the idea is that the map extends to the furthest reaches of the 'known world' (basically the furthest extents of Alexander's Conquests). So no China but India is a possibility (very remote atm with the hardcoded limits).

Those cultures sound good, but I'm not sure if it covers enough, particularly for the Eastern factions. You have only named 6 though which leaves another 1 to assign.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123