Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lesson 3 - Climates and Features using layers

Default Re: Lesson 3 - Climates and Features using layers

Strange, In my mod I'm developing, I have a huge map with many rivers ..and the game keeps crashing. I've checked that all rivers have sources and aren't diagonals or doubled-up .. I cannot see anything wrong, but I'm wondering if I've exceeded the maximum for river pixels or sources or maybe even crossings?

What are the maximums for rivers?

Thanks

R

(PS, I added one river first then tested, it worked fine .. many rivers crash!)
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

damn, i added a second region to my map, it has still the same errors and it can't place miccosukee for some reason, i just replaced it for more than 3 times.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

How big is the new map? I have seen maps not load if one of the regions is too big. The Australia map is small enough not to have that problem but whatever you are working on is probably bigger.

heights resolution:
    489x387
    regions resolution:
    244x193

heights resolution:

489 x 387 pixels

regions resolution:

244 x 193 pixels

edit:
    oops, double post. please delete it.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

No worries, if you dont get it figured out zip it up and email to me and I will check it out.

I was actually having a wierd one I thought you guys might want to see. I made some changes to descr_terrain and had the spacing wrong. This was the error.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    16:45:38.234 [data.invalid] [error] File 'mods/WoT/data/world/maps/base/map_heights.tga' must have dimensions 1, 1

16:45:38.245 [data.invalid] [error] File 'mods/WoT/data/world/maps/base/map_roughness.tga' must have dimensions 0, 0

16:45:38.260 [data.invalid] [error] File 'mods/WoT/data/world/maps/base/map_climates.tga' must have dimensions 1, 1

16:45:38.278 [data.invalid] [error] File 'mods/WoT/data/world/maps/base/map_ground_types.tga' must have dimensions 1, 1

16:45:38.282 [data.invalid] [error] File 'mods/WoT/data/world/maps/base/map_features.tga' must have dimensions 0, 0

16:45:38.286 [data.invalid] [error] File 'mods/WoT/data/world/maps/base/map_trade_routes.tga' must have dimensions 0, 0

16:45:38.290 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit

I had the sizes listed right, but an extra space between the word height and the number.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Strange, In my mod I'm developing, I have a huge map with many rivers ..and the game keeps crashing. I've checked that all rivers have sources and aren't diagonals or doubled-up .. I cannot see anything wrong, but I'm wondering if I've exceeded the maximum for river pixels or sources or maybe even crossings?

What are the maximums for rivers?

Thanks

R

(PS, I added one river first then tested, it worked fine .. many rivers crash!)
    I havent ran into a maximum yet, and I have a BUNCH on one of mine. You arent trying to split a river then merge it later are you?

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I havent ran into a maximum yet, and I have a BUNCH on one of mine. You arent trying to split a river then merge it later are you?
    Problem solved .. all it takes is one double-up on a river join and crash (without error message)

Do you have a list of features that can be added to the map? i would like to add some Ruins. (see other post)

I personally think the strategic game was originally designed wrong .. only allowing one settlement per region is basically hardcoded and totally inflexible (old ideas rehashed). Settlesment locations should be determined during play (real time) and their limits of control should be determined by it's size / population. whoever designed this needs to be shot! LOL!!!

Thanks again.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

would you tell me your mail adress then, cause i don't know how to send files via TWC

edit: i sent you an e-mail, i hope you got it. the folder is a .rar file.
    Last edited by Nevada; October 15, 2007 at 11:28 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123