Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Default Re: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Hi,

I have just returned to playing MT2TW after about a year of absence, and of course I can't live without the xeno mod . However, I was searching for the latest installation files for this mod, and found a couple, but I am not entirely sure which one to use, since there seem to be some fixes here and there, or? So basically I just need information and perhaps a link to the latest files. Could anyone help me out? Is one of those that Beiss has in his signature?

My aim is to combine it with 6.1 aswell, and I am guessing some manual work is needed. But I guess it still works almost in the same way as earlier?

1. Backup files
    2. Unpack sound files.
    3. Copy new files to the unpacking folder
    4. Make some changes to some txt files
    5. Start game and let it pack the files again
    6. copy event.. something to the mod folder?

Thanks
    Macke

Hi,

I'll remake some modifications and other route for this application. And it's works fine, with SS 6.1, or only Kingdoms parts, or vanilla game.
    Just few days for last tests.
    La bataille de Hastings! - 14 octobre 1066 -this battle will start a series of clashes between two mighty peoples, where France will extend a glorious future, leaving permanently etched their mark on British culture.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Beren - sounds like Xenophonia, when it installed, replaced some custom sound text files with the default ones.

Deverau, thanks for helping me with this. I'm travelling around and only have internet access once a week or so, and no access at all to M2TW.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

How do I combine this mod with LtC gold? LtC gold is based on Kingdoms...

I'm afraid I can't help there until I finish Xenophonia4Kingdoms.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

TheBlobThing's Avatar Semisalis

Oh dear. Well, thanks for the reply anyway...

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

idk if this one has been said already but would this work with the HRE mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=498)

It depends on what is changed in this mod. If the mod adds factions or units or changes their names, some changes will have to be made before they can be combined, but chances are these changes are very easy to make. It might even work without any changes at all, but with minor bugs.

Default Combining with rusichi tw

Hi everyone. Xenophonia is a great soundmod but unfortunatly I resent MTW2 Vanilla, so I'd like to combine this fine masterpiece with rusichi. That means, the languages for the russians and danish have to be changed aswell as the teutons should speak german (there are no french/italian or spanish factions)
    Any ideas how this can be done?
    thx

I have ideas alright, but it might require some work. Does the mod add or remove any factions from the game?

Yeah pretty much everything is new: The russians are split into 3 factions, then there are the bulgars, danes, cumans, hungarians, lithuanians, mongols, the teutons, byzantine empire and turks (right now I am not shure if poland is in...)
    Thank you a lot.

btw: do I need another installer for xenophonia kingdoms? I think I used the regular one and nevertheless it asked me if I have kingdoms....
    Last edited by ZiegenPeter; May 07, 2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: btw

I haven't put much time into the one for kingdoms, but I think I removed that question for the Americas campaign one...

Anyway, since the mod adds new factions, your best bet would be learning how to modify the sound text files, and it's not hard, but it takes a lot of time and a good text editor (Notepad++ is one). Copy all the files from the Xenophonia mod folder to the rusichi mod folder. Then delete the idx and dat files in rusichi\data\sounds (or, if you have deleted the Voice folder, run "extract all.bat" (that you have just copied into the rusichi folder) first.

Then launch the mod and let the game pack the files like when you installed Xenophonia. The game will most likely crash. When it does, check the system log, it should give you some clues as to what you need to change in the sound text files to make things work.

Before you do any of the above, however, you should probably make a backup of the rusichi mod folder, in case you grow tired of modding before you're finished, and would like to actually play rusichi.
    Last edited by Beiss; May 07, 2009 at 09:18 AM.

Thank you, with your help I might be clever enough to work it out from now.

If not, I'll be here to answer any questions.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Hola!

I'm another fan of the Xenophonia project. I recall its early days in RTW and the mods that featured Latin-speaking Romans as a result of it. I would like to bring the same immersion to my M2TW, knowing a bit of Spanish and Italian and wondering, out of arrogance, if I could understand it in the midst of battle

The mod I am adapting Xenophonia to is PDER 1.0a. Note, I regularly change my battle and campaign music and have troubleshooted my share of sound-related issues (e.g., no sound at all! The solution: copy all of the sound files into my data folder. Phew). Unfortunately, I'm faced with one tenacious sound issue when I add Xenophonia to my game (after editing the descr_sounds_accents.txt and export_descr_unit txts appropriately). I hear the Xenophonia voices, my custom music, but barely any sound effects. As I have reached this point, does anyone know how I can proceed to reenable sound effects?
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

One idea is to check if sound works consistently in some situations and not others. For example, does sound usually work with some factions but not others?

I've been away from TW gaming for a couple of years and it seems that my favorite mods, Xenophonia and Deus lo Vult, have been changed to the point I cannot combine them.

I know this mod is more or less dead, but is there any chance getting help to get Xenophonia and DLV 6.2 to work together?

If Beiss can make an installer for combining these mods I'm willing to pay by paypal (or by cash, assuming he lives in EU) (no kidding)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure you can do it yourself with a little help. Just ask, and I'll tell you what to do.

For starters, I don't even know which Xenophonia version to use with DlV 6.2. I tried Xeno2 with it, but got CTD.

DlV 6.2 is Kingdoms 1.5 based mod, but plays with the main campaign.

I have Xenophonia1E, Xenophonia2 and Xenophonia4Kingdoms (+ all the files except xenophonia1Scottish, xenophonia1Dinstaller and xenophoniaDsubpatch. At Least SS 6.1 mod worked without those files, when combined with Xeno1E.)

When "combined" with Xeno1E, do you mean you put all the Xenophonia files in the SS folder or did you install Xenophonia normally (i.e. replacing the vanilla sound files)?