Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Any info in the system log, by any chance? Even if the error is unspecified, we might be able to hunt it down by looking at what the game was doing just before the error occured.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I got it working finally, but now the game takes several minutes to open every time.

[EDIT] Ah it seems I just had to repack the voices, strange.. but everything is brilliant now. Thanks Beiss!
    Last edited by Tyre; January 23, 2008 at 11:40 AM.

is there that SS installer you were talking about earlier anywhere near completion? that would be awesome.

tried the instruction at post 21, and extra files there is to download.
    my events.dat/.idx and voice.da/.idx doesnt finish building, and it ctd with no error message
    events.dat ends up being 1.5mb
    voice.dat is 109mb

and when i play it like that, the menu selection is soundless, and the units r also soundless.
    I can only hear music

i m using ss 5.1
    Last edited by lalalax3; January 23, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

Oooh, no, I completely forgot, I was right in the middle of exams and stuff.

Are you sure there is nothing in the system log right after the ctd? Try deleting both voice.dat/idx and events.dat/idx, run the game again and post the system log right as it looks right after the ctd.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

yea actually there is

i forgot how m2tw works haha

there seems to be an error in the accent.txt

hows exams?

my semester just started haha

Code:
    15:19:18.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_accents.txt, at line 5, column 31
    Unknown faction 'normans'
    15:19:18.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_accents.txt, at line 32, column 40
    Unknown faction 'novgorod'
    15:19:18.078 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_accents.txt, at line 32, column 40
    Duplicate faction 'novgorod'
    15:19:34.750 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt, at line 24415, column 17
    Unrecognised accent 'Native'
    15:19:34.750 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt, at line 18, column 8
    Couldn`t open include file export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    15:19:34.750 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds.txt, at line 233, column 9
    Couldn`t open include file descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    There are factions in Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_accents.txt that do not exist in the game. It could be a case sensitivity issue, i.e. "novgorod" should be spelled "Novgorod" or something. Likewise, Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt contains the word "Native", while Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_accents.txt does not, either because that accent is not listed in there or because it's spelled "native". I'll look into this later. Looks like you have files from both X2B4K and X2B mixed up.

novgorod actually is kievan_rus
    not sure if they have changed it

i m just going to delete the faction from accent.txt and see how it goes

i have eliminated the errors caused by accent.txt but

17:30:21.484 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt, at line 24415, column 17
    Unrecognised accent 'Native'
    17:30:21.484 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt, at line 18, column 8
    Couldn`t open include file export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt
    17:30:21.484 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel/data/descr_sounds.txt, at line 233, column 9
    Couldn`t open include file descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt

still exist

acutally after some editing, i m able to get it runing and packing without crashing, basically i have the slaves and aztecs speaking native.
    Last edited by lalalax3; January 23, 2008 at 04:45 PM.

Yeah. The accent "Native" must be in the accents.txt or else as soon as it appears in any other document you will have a crash. The accent was intended for the Aztecs.

Terrific mod. I had the speech turned off because I could not longer stand the accented English rampant throughout the game. Unfortunately you cannot fix the horrific AI and for that there is the Ultimate AI mod. Could you tell me what information you need to gimme a hand in combining that mod with yours?

Oh, hm. I think it should be as simple as dumping everything in the Ultimate AI folder into the Xenophonia one and then running Xenophonia... But I don't really know what files that mod changes, so I'm not sure.

Orfeo's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyre View Post
    I got it working finally, but now the game takes several minutes to open every time.

[EDIT] Ah it seems I just had to repack the voices, strange.. but everything is brilliant now. Thanks Beiss!
    I seem to have missed the point where this explanation was given(!). Could you let me know what it was?

Gratitudinis plenus,
    Orpheus

For the Ultimate AI mod 1.6 I've checked and found that the only file conflict was the export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt I'm trying to find a way to edit it such that it will combine the 2 modifications together

And by the way, thank you very very much for all the hard work you have put into this project! Lets hope Empire Total war will make these sort of things obsolete

It won't, trust me. Hopefully a Xenophonia mod for Empires would fare better than this one has, thanks to the time period.

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

If anybody could help me install this amazing mod with SS 6.1, that would be greatly appreciated.

The procedure you used for SS 6.0 won't cut it?

If you are referring to the procedure from the private messages I sent you, it did not work.

Crap. What happened then? No sound at all? Or everyone speaks English?

Some speak broken English, and some do not talk at all...

Hm. Well, I'm afraid I can't help you until I get back home.

~Beren~'s Avatar Primicerius

For SS 6.1, I managed to install the languages for the factions, but consequently I can't hear some of the SFX: menu clicks, individual archer/crossbow fire, flamethrower sounds, even the new music.