Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Combining Xenophonia with other mods

Instructions will be given here soon.

Meanwhile, please drop suggestions for mods you wish to know how to combine with Xenophonia, as each mod will require its own procedure. I will also require the help of a person who plays this mod to beta test the combination for me, since I can't download and try every mod myself.
    Last edited by Beiss; September 28, 2007 at 09:25 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Default Re: Combining Xenophonia with other mods

I wish to know how to combine Xenophonia with the Retrofit Mod+Kingdoms Units. I'm willing to beta test the combo, of course.

Does either of these mods change any sounds in the game, add new music, or new factions? (In there retrofit/data/sounds folder should be 2 files, events.dat and events.idx. If the mod does add new sounds/music, there will be other files here too, such as audio.*, music.* etc.) If the mod does neither of these things, it should be as simple as copying the "sounds" and "text" folders in the Xenophonia/data folder and pasting them in the Retrofit/data folder. Some units (mainly the new kingdoms ones) will likely be silent, I will tell you how to fix that later if this solution works at all. Tell me when you've tried it.
    Last edited by Beiss; October 12, 2007 at 06:33 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Beiss, I tested Xenophonia 2 beta with DLV 5 but no have french and german sounds...i've tried retro to xeno 1E and it work fine now!! I don't see difference between french/german sounds 1E and beta2.

thanks!

There is no difference with the sounds in 1E and 2 beta. They just work differently. If you have 2 beta, it will work as its own mod, and will not affect other mods such as DLV. This means a mod will never not work because of Xenophonia 2 beta. If you have 1E installed, it will affect other mods. 1E caused some mods not to work.

Do you have any plans to combine it with Stainless Steel 5.0 ? It adds a lot of new factions though...

My Home is my Castle.

Sure, as long as someone volunteers to test it for me.

I am downloading SS 5.o, already two times... just I have a success dowloand I'll testing with XENOPHONIA 2beta. ok?!

Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Does either of these mods change any sounds in the game, add new music, or new factions? (In there retrofit/data/sounds folder should be 2 files, events.dat and events.idx. If the mod does add new sounds/music, there will be other files here too, such as audio.*, music.* etc.) If the mod does neither of these things, it should be as simple as copying the "sounds" and "text" folders in the Xenophonia/data folder and pasting them in the Retrofit/data folder. Some units (mainly the new kingdoms ones) will likely be silent, I will tell you how to fix that later if this solution works at all. Tell me when you've tried it.
    Yeah, it does add music and voices and audio. Should I still just copy it in?

... no, you'd probably lose whatever it is retrofit adds. Contact the guy who made it and ask him for his sound text files, if you don't have them. You could also ask him exactly what sounds and voices he's actually added (nevermind the music, it's defined in a separate file that Xenophonia does no changes to). What files were present in the sounds folder and what sizes were they?

Evan's Avatar Miles

how would I go about installing beta2 for Stainless Steel 5.0 so that I can test it?

Looks like we have 3 beta testers for the ss5 combo. Basically, Evan, you do a manual install of xenophonia 2 beta, and tell me how it works. I will tell you how to do manual install tomorrow... meanwhile, download all of the xenophonia files (it's a 500MB+ download, so you'd better get started if you haven't already).

Evan's Avatar Miles

sounds good!

Ok... the easiest way to do this would be by first downloading and installing Xenophonia 2 beta. To make things easier, do not delete the voice folder in xenophonia\data\sounds when installation has finished. If you already have, you can run the batch file named "extract audio" located in the xenophonia folder to get it back.

I will need to know the contents (what files are there and how big are they?) of the SS\data\sounds folder before I can continue. I will also need to know if there are sound text files in the SS\data folder (32 descr_sounds*.txt and 7 export_descr_sounds*.txt)

Beiss, is enormous your contribution to the not-english community . Xenophonia 2 beta is a jewel. But for many of us who love this game, the changes are essential, even more when it comes to the language. So a change in the root of the game is often the best path. We not have problems with incompatibility. Your Xenophonia 1E (changing M2TW or Kingdoms) works well for both DLV 5 as SS 5. Your initiative has the life of the medieval world as sweet in M2TW/Kingdoms! Once again thank you! And as I said no problem of incompatibility or errors. Congratulations!

Are you French, devereau? Sometimes I think I would understand you better if you wrote in French... haha I'm glad to hear the DLV and SS work well with 1E, but I still think 2 beta is a better solution.

I think the reason why some people are suffering from incompatibility is because their version of M2TW has no east european or mongolian accents. Xenophonia, as it is now, requires this, and as a result, things don't work with those versions. If the French version of m2tw has an East European and a Mongolian accent, I will update the instructions to say that 2 beta works with the French version. The reason why I haven't released a version of 2 beta is that I will have to make every change twice - once in the English text files and once in the non-English text files. Until I'm done with the English files and release 2.0, I will not release a non-English version of Xenophonia 2.
    Last edited by Beiss; October 16, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

I'm Brazilian. The salle version game here is in english. I'm speak also french. For people, as me, have a version english game, and speak spanish, french etc...Xenophonia c'est la cerise du gateau!

Aquilus's Avatar Libertus

I can't wait to try this on SS5.0 *,*
    "There is no vaccine against stupidity"

Evan's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Ok... the easiest way to do this would be by first downloading and installing Xenophonia 2 beta. To make things easier, do not delete the voice folder in xenophonia\data\sounds when installation has finished. If you already have, you can run the batch file named "extract audio" located in the xenophonia folder to get it back.

I will need to know the contents (what files are there and how big are they?) of the SS\data\sounds folder before I can continue. I will also need to know if there are sound text files in the SS\data folder (32 descr_sounds*.txt and 7 export_descr_sounds*.txt)
    the sounds folder has:

audio.dat (310mb)/.idx (1.03mb)
    events.dat (6.47mb)/.idx (16kb)
    music.dat/.idx (both 24 bytes)
    SFX.dat/.idx (both 24 bytes)
    Voice.dat/.idx (both 24 bytes)
    effect_evt folder

As for the .txt files:
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt
    descr_sounds_accents.txt
    descr_sounds_db.xml
    descr_sounds_units_fire.txt

I hope I did this correctly, as I don't really know what I'm doing here.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast