Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xenophonia 2 BETA bugs

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Xenophonia 2 BETA bugs

Update no.2: so I deleted Xenophonia 2 and installed Xenophonia 1E. I also found version 1 copies of the French and German soundpacks. Everything seemed to install OK. But I still have no French or German, whether under Xenophonia.exe or vanilla, while the other languages all work OK. I'm so frustrated...

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

In Xenophonia 2, the French and German files are supposed to begin with an x. This is so the game won't confuse them with the original French and German (accented English) files.

I will ask you to do as I instructed Tzinakan in post #38.

His problem, by the way, turned out to be that the .ace files containing the sound text files had magically been converted to .rar... (???)
    Last edited by Beiss; May 25, 2009 at 07:31 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Icon4 Re: Xenophonia 2 BETA bugs

Hi Beiss, so I reinstalled Xenophonia 2.0 and deleted the files you stated in post no.38. Then ran the program to the main menu. Here is my system.log file.

Tack skal du ha!

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

I'll look more closely into this tomorrow. I can't see anything obviously wrong here but I'll run the same procedure on my machine and compare the error logs.

EDIT: Still haven't had time to check this up, but I will as soon as possible.

EDIT2: It seems your install is using an old setup of the sound text files. I found the problem - the ace files containing the sound text files have a folder in them that's not supposed to be there. Check for a folder named xenophonia2king or xenophonia2vani in your xenophonia folder. In this xenophonia2king or xenophonia2vani folder, cut or copy the folder "data" and paste it in the xenophonia folder, overwriting the data folder already in there. Then do what post #38 says again. I will update the download as soon as I have time so that no more people get this problem.

EDIT3: Fixed it. I think.
    Last edited by Beiss; May 29, 2009 at 02:26 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

7hillip's Avatar Libertus

hello Beiss, cool mod but it seems that the voices are kinda low and especially during the battle scene? (well in my case) hopefully you can help me out on this? thx

how such a great mod can be downloaded?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123