Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xenophonia 2 BETA bugs

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: Xenophonia 2 BETA bugs

Ok, it seems you can't install the new Kingdoms patch if you have Xenophonia 4 Kingdoms installed. Uninstall Xenophonia4Kingdoms by replacing the data/voice folder with the one found on the Kingdoms install disc before applying the patch to solve this issue. I don't know if the new version of Kingdoms is compatible with Xenophonia4Kingdoms though...
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Hello,

I installed everything completely following every direction and when I play the game everyone is still English. Please help. Thanks

Here is my Log File...
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Try deleting the files named events.dat and events.idx in xenophonia\data\sounds, run Xenophonia again, then post the new error log.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

I followed what you said, and it still didn't work. I went for a last try, and deleted every trace of xenophobia from my computer, restarted, then tried again and it worked this time. I guess the first time the unpacking and repacking thing didn't work because the game never went into a crash like state, but now it did.

I apologize for wasting some of your seconds. Thanks for this super awesome mod, and I hope there are more in the future, or Empires Total War! *Giggle*
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Glad it finally worked. Next time I make a mod I'll make a real installer so people can't mess up... There probably won't be anything more for M2TW (except some bug fixes, when I have time for them), but yes, it would be nice to do something similar for Empires.

The Danish prebattle speeches aren't firing for me. Everything else work great however.

Hm. Does this happen both in campaign battles and custom battles?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes it's for both campaign and custom battles.

and it's not that theres just no sound, the General simply doesn't give a speech.

Alright, I'll test it on my own installation. It could be a bug but then I think it would have been reported earlier. I'll get back to you once I've tested it.

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten about you - but I still haven't had the time to test this. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Have faith!

Ok, I fixed it. There was a missing word in export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt, causing the Danish speeches to become part of the Russian ones... I don't know if the Aztec speeches worked before either as a result of this, but they do now. And so do the Danish ones.

• Download this file: http://xenophonia.ngst.nu/export_des..._prebattle.txt to xenophonia\data and replace the old one with this one.
    • Check if you still have the huge Voice folder in xenophonia\data\sounds. If not, run "extract_audio" (in mods\xenophonia), but if you do have it, you can skip this.
    • Delete the idx and dat files in xenophonia\data\sounds.
    • Run Xenophonia, let it load, and when you reach the menu, quit.

The next time you play the game, the Danish prebattle speeches should be working.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
    Last edited by Beiss; March 09, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

Great!
    I looked all over this file and didn't see any problems but must have missed something.
    Yeah I still have all my sound files. Thanks a lot!

The problem was a missing "end" immediately above the line that reads "accent Danish". That was the whole thing, and now it's fixed. I should probably make a new release so no one else gets this problem later on.

I have probably forgotten to tell people to extract the Xenophonia1ADDON zip too... I should include it in the install zip so that it extracts automatically.

EDIT: Ok, done! Thanks to you, 2.0 is out
    Last edited by Beiss; March 09, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Xenophonia 2.0 doesn't work for French and German. At least not on my PC. It installs fine for Danish (= German), Russian, Spanish and Italian. The files for the French and German are of a different format (.ace not .exe) and although the installer with 2.0 appears to unpack and install them correctly, it does not. There is an "x" before the name of every French and German sound file, and the unpacker merely unpacks these into the various directories, it does not overwrite the existing files as it should. I've tried batch-renaming them and then overwriting the English-language files but that doesn't work either. Because of this naming problem, Xenophonia 2.0 does not include the French and German files when "rebuilding" the sound files when you install Xenophonia.
    It sounds great with the other languages - hopefully we can get it to work for French and German. I'm using it with Stainless Steel 6.1.

Interesting... and you didn't have this problem with the BETA version? I won't have time to investigate this until next week or the one after that, but I appreciate the report. Please tell me if you manage to solve this on your own. Try comparing the old installer bat with the new one and see if there's any difference.

So, did anyone else get the issue Germanicus75 got? It works fine on my machine.

Try putting both the xenophonia2xfrench.ace and the UNACE32.exe files in the same directory anywhere on your computer, then go there in a dos window and type

UNACE32.exe x -o xenophonia2xfrench.ace

Does the file unpack properly then?

Im trying to install Xenophonia along DLV 6.1, Im installing Xenophonia first and cant make it work, Im following to the letter the intructions, installing unpacking loading mtw2 quitting, got through the msdos window saying I made it. Launched the game but but ANY voice but english ones are heard, beside I have no sfx (like when u press menu buttons). I noted that in my Medieval TW2\mods\xenophonia\data\sounds folder the voice.idx and voice.dat files are missing , and thought maybe thats why.

I uninstalled xenophonia (basically erasing it from mods folder along the .exe and .cfg files in MTW2 folder) reinstalled again by the letter, got the "you made it" msg, checked out the xenophonia\data\sounds folder and again no voices.idx/dat files. The I erased the events and the audio idx/dat files, launched tha game to regenerate'em quitted as soon I got the menu screen, checked out xenophonia\data\sounds there were new events the audio idx/dat files. still no voices files, launched, all the same, no sfx, no voices.

A year ago I got installed Xeno with DLV 4.7.... the best TW experience ever, hope I can make it better now, I saw what DLV 6.1 does and to have it with Xeno would be a dream come true... hope u can answer soon.. Im eager to play!!

Thanks Beiss for sharing this so great idea, so good that thankfully they included in ETW!!!

Btw, I have Kingdoms 1.5 patch installed, any other mod (but now Im going to install DLV 6.1 alone, in the mean time)
    Last edited by Tzinakan; May 02, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

I'm gonna have to take a look at the log file. Delete the idx and dat files from your xenophonia\data\sounds folder, run the game, quit as soon as you hit the main menu, and then send me the system.log.txt found in the M2TW directory.

Hej Beissy,

Thanks. The French files unpack OK into the folder where unace32.exe is but they still unpack with little "x"s in front of "French" in the sound file names.

Update: I can confirm that the French and German voices do not work with either vanilla M2TW or SS 6.1 under xenophonia.exe. Both nations remain with English sound files. The French and German sounds are in a different format to the Russian, Danish etc. Apart from French and German, Xenophonia works fine. It's driving me nuts :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast