Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: DarthMod: The Last Episode__technical/bug/installation issues

Indeed...Wierd. I know i had a similar bug. I played with England and when i conquered Bruges, i was kicked out no matter what. And it seemed nobody got that CTD, although i was getting it time and time again.
    My solution:
    A clean reinstall of Med 2 and Darth Mod.
    It worked for me, back then, and i think this is the only solution for wierd problems.

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Foederatus

A very annoying bug still exsist

In sieges, "Long Range" trait archers dont shoot except maximun range
    when the enemy come closer in medium or close range, they dont shoot, stay iddle despite their icon that shows that they shooting
    they look that they trying but something that has to do with the Walls blocks them.
    normal range archers that stands next to them shooting at any range although in sieges

this happens at least on the archers that attacking and are outside the walls but i think that it happens in the defending archers on or behind the walls too

please anyone check this in sieges with long range archers and tell me if this happens only to me or it is a bug in general.

I tested with trebizond and guard archers, didnt check it with any "long range" trait unit yet but i think it happens with all.

I have clean install of mtw2 with 1.2 patch and DM 1.4D

thanks

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by KraLL View Post
    A very annoying bug still exsist

In sieges, "Long Range" trait archers dont shoot except maximun range
    when the enemy come closer in medium or close range, they dont shoot, stay iddle despite their icon that shows that they shooting
    they look that they trying but something that has to do with the Walls blocks them.
    normal range archers that stands next to them shooting at any range although in sieges

this happens at least on the archers that attacking and are outside the walls but i think that it happens in the defending archers on or behind the walls too

please anyone check this in sieges with long range archers and tell me if this happens only to me or it is a bug in general.

I tested with trebizond and guard archers, didnt check it with any "long range" trait unit yet but i think it happens with all.

I have clean install of mtw2 with 1.2 patch and DM 1.4D

thanks
    put your archers behind the walls or select targets manually

Foederatus

Im talking mostly about attacking archers that attack the castle, but anyway even if i click manually or put defending archers behind the wall, nothing happens.

the only thing that help the situation is if I send my "long range" archers back again in the maximum range of the unit i want to hit so they start shooting again.

do you have this problem?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

it has been a long time since i don't play any siege battle.. i'm busy modding...,
    but it could be due fire angles being to low..

I use to fire at max range to minimize my casualties.. so i never experienced it

Foederatus

so can someone give me some directions about how to change the firing angles of these archers? it is hard or you just change some variables in a text file?
    please someone help me, thanks

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

projectile.txt file, min angle and max angle parameters

tinha's Avatar Libertus

Default Thankyou modders

Been away from the website for most of the year until recently. I have always downloaded darth mods work and other mods.

I love the new work, the battles are challenging the campaign is challenging and i am fully enjoying a campaign as the portuguese, facing some very new challenges i had not yet experienced in a total war game.

And it felt great to have just managed to overcome these challenges with some good diplomatic negotiations which didnt come easy or cheap.

I downloaded and installed the latest darthmod, but i dont have the new medieval patches installed, can i install the 1.2 and 1.3 patches now? or just better to leave it as is?

The only problems i have noticed is that in campaign when the enemy siege my citadels they are too slow and run out of time. The other problem i noticed i was attacked by about 4 units of spear milita and with one single unit of peasant crossbows i won the battle because they didnt charge my unit with all their units, instead they ran around reforming all day, until i had shot them all and they lost moral and ran, really unfortunate battle.

In large battles i havent this problem and usually the ai coordinates good sound strategy in attacking my armies putting me under pressure, which is good to see.

Thankyou to all the modders who help make this game even more enjoyable for gamers like myself who appreciatte your work so much.
    This mod has been the most enjoyable out of all the mods i have played, cannot praise enough the people who made this happen, thankyou.

--moved to General Feedback
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 20, 2007 at 04:19 AM.

Default Re: Thankyou modders

Thank you tinha.
    I downloaded and installed the latest darthmod, but i dont have the new medieval patches installed, can i install the 1.2 and 1.3 patches now? or just better to leave it as is?
    Darth Mod runs equally well both in 1.2 and 1.3.
    The other problem i noticed i was attacked by about 4 units of spear milita and with one single unit of peasant crossbows i won the battle because they didnt charge my unit with all their units, instead they ran around reforming all day, until i had shot them all and they lost moral and ran, really unfortunate battle.
    Well it happends...But not too often. These are rare situations. How many times do you go with 1 unit of crossbows and fight 4 enemy units. I don't fight those battles.So this scenario is seldom played.

Thankyou to all the modders who help make this game even more enjoyable for gamers like myself who appreciatte your work so much.
    This mod has been the most enjoyable out of all the mods i have played, cannot praise enough the people who made this happen, thankyou.
    Thanks again. Enjoy Darth Mod!

Default Uninstall?

If I needed to uninstall the Darth Mod, how exactly would I go about that.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Default Re: Uninstall?

just find the Darth mod folder in your medieval 2 directory, click on it, then press delete.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

All I want to say to look at is Scottish Pikeman strengths are ridiculous. Tell me what I can send over ladders or a siege platform against them in a siege action? I tell you: Nothing! It is ridiculous that Pikeman could operate on a parapet of a castle or city. They are also overpowered in battle, and you can attack them from the rear with practically anything and they cope in a way they could not have. They also can turn on a sixpence/dime which in reality they could not! So overall, if you are going to tweak units, tweak Pikemen first!!!!

Default Re: Uninstall?

Quote Originally Posted by Scazar View Post
    If I needed to uninstall the Darth Mod, how exactly would I go about that.
    Or go to your med 2 root folder and open the Uninstal Darth Mod.exe application!

Hello,

I have been playing campaign with Spain and there are two things that I think are bugs: The first is that I don't have Chivalrich Knights (and I have fully upgraded Citadels, and nothing), and the second is that the gunpowder appeared, for me, in the 1290 AD and while I can train all kinds of cannons, I cannot train Arquebusiers or Musketeers. Has anyone else experienced these kind of problems?

Edit: Nevermind about the arquebusiers and musketeers not appearing. They appeared the next turn of the world event. However, is it normal for such an event to occur in the 1290? Oh, and I'm still without Chivalric Knights, so I'm still in need of help (or at least to report such bug).

And well, hope you can help me and thanks for all your hard work.

- conlad
    Last edited by conlad; October 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM.

@conlad:
    recruit_pool "Chivalric Knights" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { france, denmark, spain, sicily, }
    You can recruit them only if you build the King's Stable. They are considered to be the best cav. So they are at the top. But I now see that Spain does not have too many options when it comes to cav...They can use Feudal Knights from stables...BUT they can train Hospitaliers, Knights of Santiago...

Anyway, if you want you can use the following EDB which I made just for you :
    Attachment 6022
    I made chivalric knights available from earl's stables(4th level). I hope this will help...If you have other things you wish to point out, feel free and post them

Default Saved Game

Hi,

I need some help, I have a game that I played for a longtime. But I had to rebuild my system but I stored my whole entire SEGA FOLDER in my 2nd harddrive. I re-installed everything and I looked in there and my games are not there. Do anyone know where darthmods game saves are? They are not on the Saved Folder.

Default Re: Saved Game

The saved games played with DarthMod are in Medieval2\DarthMod\saves
    --moved--
    Last edited by Tiberiu_R; October 29, 2007 at 03:37 PM.

helpo helpo!!

i get a crash to desktop, this happens when i defeat byzantine last castle, the message of extermination/occupation comes up and the game crashes if i pick ANY choice. i trace it but i don't know what the game.script thing is all about

here is the problemo..

01:37:07.984 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait_monitors> at line 3539 in DarthMod/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:37:11.828 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0404_Army_Family_Trigger> fired
    01:37:11.828 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0526_Unexplored_Family_Tree_Trigger> fired
    01:37:11.828 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0530_Unexplored_Character_Details_Trigger> fired
    01:37:11.828 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0532_Unexplored_Foreign_Entity_Trigger> fired
    01:37:11.828 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0534_Unexplored_Strat_Speed_Settings_Trigger> fired
    01:37:11.828 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0568_Unexplored_Field_Construction_Trigger> fired
    01:37:12.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0053_UI_Panel_Siege_Details_Trigger> fired
    01:37:12.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0404_Army_Family_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0526_Unexplored_Family_Tree_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0530_Unexplored_Character_Details_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0532_Unexplored_Foreign_Entity_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0534_Unexplored_Strat_Speed_Settings_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0568_Unexplored_Field_Construction_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.656 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    01:37:13.656 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0055_UI_Panel_Battle_Deployment_Army_Trigger> fired
    01:37:14.640 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0072_T_Undeclared_Attack> fired
    01:37:14.671 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0058_UI_Scroll_Battle_Results_Trigger> fired
    01:37:14.671 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    01:37:15.421 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <V0090_Standard_Battle_Any_Victory_VnV_Trigger> fired
    01:37:15.421 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    01:37:15.421 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle3Dread_PickingOnWeak> fired
    01:37:15.453 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0201_Message_First_Incoming_Message_Trigger> fired
    01:37:19.609 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    01:37:19.609 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <inherited> fired
    01:37:23.125 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0052_T_Invaded_Settlement> fired
    01:37:23.156 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0062_UI_Panel_Captured_Settlement_Trigger> fired
    01:37:23.156 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    01:37:23.906 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0103_occupy_settlement_increase_global> fired
    01:37:23.906 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <extermination3> fired
    01:37:23.906 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <extermination4> fired
    01:37:23.921 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0201_Message_First_Incoming_Message_Trigger> fired
    01:37:24.625 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

notice the Trigger <0201_Message_First_Incoming_Message_Trigger> fired happens twice. is there a file i can erase or fix? i don't want to start the game all over again i have been playing it for months now
    thanks

i trained assassins and wiped out the whole byzantium family, priests, general, all except the king. and found out the crash occurs everytime i kill the byzantine king by assassination of fighthing. how do i fix this.
    Last edited by estopa2006; November 02, 2007 at 09:05 AM. Reason: found a couple of new things about it.

I know there was some talk about siege AI problems earlier, but I just wanted to report another instance...

I'm playing as the Polish and in nearly other every siege battle where the AI assaults my city/castle, and the AI has a clear overwhelming advantage, the AI will clear my walls and push me back towards the center of the city with only a token force remaining...and then stop advancing and sit by the inside of the walls until the timer runs up...this has happened repeated times so I know it's not just a fluke

Thanks, great work on the mod!

angry_hussar, sometimes even the vanilla AI does this. That's all I know about the issue.

A graphical glitch I found was that my Normal mercenaries appear skinless (pure white) on the battlefield.
    Death be not proud, though some have called thee
    Mighty and dreadful, for, thou art not so.