Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

Default Re: DarthMod: The Last Episode__General Feedback

Hi, I just came straight from RTW's Darthmod into this one and noticed too strange things that weren't an issue in rome...

1) To win on a long campaign you need to capture a stupid amount of settlements. 15 on short is too few for me but 100 for long is just far too many. I had to change it back down to the defaults but I don't see this change mentioned in any description of the mod...?

2) Cavalry are near invincible? I just sieged Jerusalem as Egypt and assaulted. The rebels had a unit of light cav inside the walls so I tried to nip them off with my spears and general. In every other total war game the spear/general would win easily vs LIGHT cav but this unit of light cav lasted and lasted and lasted. When I finally offed it with practically my whole army another cav unit charged in and I just quit.

3)Melees last way too long? I had two units of spear militia fighting a unit of (surrounded) Numidian spear unit on the walls for about 10 minutes and neither side had suffered significant losses. I was bored to tears just watching them trying to stab each other with their paper spears.

Please correct me if there's anything I'm missing (like super armour for Jerusalem units near the start) or if vanilla is the same.

Positives - The economy and ai seem pretty good

Hi.
    Have a question. The description to the Darth Mod sad, that there are 2 maps full of challenges, but i don't understand, where is the second map?
    Thank you for answer.

Quote Originally Posted by gRievoUS_AsH View Post
    Hi.
    Have a question. The description to the Darth Mod sad, that there are 2 maps full of challenges, but i don't understand, where is the second map?
    Thank you for answer.
    Yea where is it ?

I want to change vassalage system of darthmod to default version. can anyone help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
    Yea where is it ?
    Single Player > Custom Campaigns...

And BOOM! There it is.

Does someone know how to reduce the amount the merchants gain from resources? Seriously, it is a 10 time the vanilla valour, I have more money than I can waste.Even if everything is more expensive, the soldiers are still the same prize and a mrchant alone can make the income of a Huge City even on very hard. Do someone know where can I change that? Also that cavalry thing is too much, my spears run from it, I don't understand, the rebel generals are almost impossible.

Laetus

Link to the mod ffs?

Really awesome mod. i enjoy it a lot and would like to know is there any possible way to make this mod compiteble with CPUR Standalone version? If someone replies me , thank you sir!

cant play this mod

fatal error

Quote Originally Posted by guspin View Post
    cant play this mod

fatal error

solved

sound error

hello, playing on DarthMod rome 1 (but not on empire and shogun), I wonder several things:

why the buildings are expensive?
    no new units? (as in rome 1).
    the AI which behaves like the vanilla

Libertus

Hello in my campaign there is no Boiling Oil at the Gates, is this a bug ???
    Sorry for my bad english im german

I'm posting this late but I saw the thread and wanted to pay my respects (;. This mod is brilliant (with a fee small flaws) and really amped up the game. I noticed the mod said Hungary as super difficult and I had.never played t, so I tried it. The surrounding rebel settlements had almost full stack armies which made expansions hard (I thought it added an interesting dynamic to the game and considered them in my mind small fiefdoms of other kingdoms (as there were many in those days). I gathered an army and went to siege a settlement. And that, was when my mind was blown. I had a starting army that was basically 6 units of spear militia, two generals, 3 khazaks, and two archer units. The enemy had a lot of Byzantine archers, a feudal can and mailed cab, a kazak, some other wierd archer inf units and some militia. What preceded in the game was the bloodiest, most tactical, closest battle that I had ever played in mtw2
    I was moving the screen constantly, directing units. The enemy AI tried. To flank me, tried to divide me, and at one point and seemed to fake a rout like retreat before wheeling their cab and attacking me. Ifinised the battle and just sat there, wowed that a total war battle could be like that. Great job Vader, brilliant work

I tried downloading it and whenever I start the Darthmod .bat file, it shows me the loading screen of Vader blasting troops and then the game gives me an unspecified error and crashes. Any help?

I tried downloading it and whenever I start the Darthmod .bat file, it shows me the loading screen of Vader blasting troops and then the game gives me an unspecified error and crashes. Any help?

Same here!

Hi there, I know the thread is very old and most likely dead but I cant find a solution to my problem anywhere. First of all I want to say it clearly: Darthmod for Medieval 2 is brilliant, it makes Med2 what it should be at the very beggining, it maintains the original vanilla climate but polishes it greatly. However I have a small problem that ruins the immersion for me, namely the new menu we get with the mod made in Star Wars esthetics on which we can see Darth Vader, when the game is loading the loading bar is a lightsaber and the hourglass is replaced by a spinning TIE fighter. My question is: Is it possible to play Darthmod with these esthetics replaced with those of vanilla? Can I install the mod without them or is it possible to copy original files and put them in place of mod files when it is installed? I really want to play the Darthmod but with original menu, loading bar, loading screens, without anything inluenced by Star Wars. Its not like i dont like Star Wars, I just consider puting it in Med 2 harmful to immersion and game climate.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I meant to come in with an alternative install by now, but M2 is being a and I couldn't care less to fix it for the time being, so I'll simply make some observations.

First, its setup is dumb, but that's just from the age of the mod. It is what we'd call dirty today, and so not optimal at least in comparison to more dedicated AI mods that are also more normal in their procedure for 2020. This would not stop a figure like Gigantus from doing something like applying it properly to a Bare Geomod setup and letting that work, but for my part the fact the mod does not run out of the box properly (likely my own problem in its entirety) leaves me very unable to properly test this. Still. The unimmersive elements you're seeing are used by DarthMod's mod folder, slapped into the game directory upon installation. (pic, all files darthmod puts in).

In there we have a data folder. In that, we have the three folders of interest - cursors, loading_screen, and menu.

Not being familiar with the rest of the mod, I can't say if there is more, but I believe completely removing those folders after installation (for risk of breakage I wouldn't straight up delete them at first, just move into a dump folder and try it out) will eliminate most, if not all of the star wars nonsense. You could also replace those files using equivalent vanilla files, but since data that's missing defaults towards the vanilla game, I doubt that will be necessary.

I preach caution as I am unable to test this properly, but if I get a positive affirmation I could remake the installer without those folders.

If there's star wars sounds and nothing else added by the audio has your interest, you could wipe out that folder too. I don't believe there are any associations that would stop you from gutting visual and sound aspects. UI doesn't have anything Star Wars at a glance, safely ignore for your first shot.

Foederatus

Thank you for your work!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789