Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

On my pc my saves are where you say, with xp, but on my Vista run laptop, their is not even a file called saves in the entire M2TW file, not even the normal game, and the files customs and packs arent there either, but the game runs fine, so any suggestions?

P.S. ive run the words medieval, saves, milan, total, war and Burgundy through the windows search thing and it only gives the files that are in the game folder.

THanks elite ferret, found it
    Last edited by The Last Hope; April 04, 2008 at 12:58 AM.

on vista when you reach the main medieval 2 directory hit a tab at the top called 'compatibility files'. Then follow the same folders and the save games one will be there. Don't know why it does this, vista is weird.

Yeah, and it seems to come in millions of different default configs - because I have Vista too, but I see the folders without having to hit any tab.

Well, whatever... I hope Elite Ferret could help you.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Hello
    This mod is excellent
    I noticed that the holy lands are very weak (despite the big garrisons) and prone to being conquered by the first crusade that heads over there. Would it possibly be a good idea to (somehow) nudge the turks in that direction so there is a bit more islamic opposition?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

afaik, the new rebel scripts will make it much harder to conquer/hold regions like the holy land.

Indeed. And in addition, the crusaders usualy lose their cities after a short while.

I also hope to improve this in future versions.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

WOW!
    i thought this mod was dead, it seems it isnt, thats good
    I wish good luck to it, and also to its team
    Last edited by nicolaswille; April 27, 2008 at 07:37 PM.
    "Proud to be a nationalist"
    "Bound to see the elimation of the Illuminati from this world"

Dead? I thought YOU were dead!

But thanks, coming along nicely.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

i just like the new map (with cumans added) alot. look forward to an additional kiev in futur versions.

just a few minor suggs for the futur versions:
    1. portugal should get porto instead of lisbon
    2. seljuk capital should be moved to nikaia.

Your 'minor suggestions' will be added even to 0.6.
    Doing that now.

A note on our 'Turks': They are a strange mix of Seljuk & Proto-Ottoman elements at the moment I'm not entirely happy with. I'd have prefered to represent the Ottomans alone, but due to our start date and for balancing reasons they are what they are. I will strife to turn them into something special however, being my favourite faction. It's good that DieKugelstoßer is a veteran when it comes to the Ottomans!

Cheers!

EDIT:

Done. Here's a pic of Portugal's new starting position:

Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; April 28, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

Visit my homepage.

it will be a great thing to see the vanilla turks redone.

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Hello
    Ive got a little suggestion for the English
    The capital of England was actually Winchester until the mid-1100s when London replaced it. It would be nice to see this in a mod...I keep having to change it for myself
    Anyway, just a thought

Really? I have always read that 'London replaced Winchester as capital after the Norman conquest'...

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

well yeah it did but not for about a century
    the normans contiuned using the saxon infastructure for a while until they got their own new stuff sorted out (building westminster palace etc etc)

is there a way to makeit possible for a faction to offer to become a vassal?
    Ive seen it talked about in lots of mod forums but ive never aactually seen it working...

it'd be quite a nice little feature

Default Conquistadores

First off, allow me to thank the team for a mod that has kept me playing for months now. It is very impressive and by far my favourite. Such a collection of good ideas, that after they get put in, its seems so obvious that they should have been in before.

Now, to the recommendation. There are a lot of great units going about and if conquistadors (mounted and dismounted) could be added to Spanish and Portuguese citadels or huge cities, that would be fantastic. Could be contingent on the explorer guild or whatever.

There is no America, as i understand it so you can't get them without cheats. Yet as veteran's of the Moorish wars it would be good to have them at the end of the tech tree.

P.S You have intelligently broken down the Holy Roman Empire, but given the weak state of French feudalism at the start of the game, i wonder if some French territories of the fearsome 'Robber Barons' should not also be mini factions. My French history is poor, but a Robber Baron faction would be greatly amusing and original in Medieval modding.

Cheers guys.
    Last edited by Aventuros; May 06, 2008 at 05:24 AM.

Hello Aventuros!

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to TWC!

Your idea concerning the conquistadors is a very good one, and I will make them available after an 'America has been discovered' event or so in the next version (that will be 0.7, I fear, because 0.6 has been finished already).

Concerning France: A very good idea, and we had a similar one: We wanted to include the duchy of Toulouse a while ago. Unfortunatly, we have reached the faction limit and can't add any more nations ;(

I hope I can cook something up with scripts in 0.7.

@Zymran:

Sorry for the late answer. It IS possible for factions to become vassal - it's just not very probable that it happens. Which is good, because I think that feature is very exploitable while it's not really control- or modable.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

Is there no way Matilda of Canossa could be represented? She was fairly important in the investiture controversy.
    I know you couldnt really have a female general in total war, but she married Welf II of Bavaria...oh I have no idea as to how it could possibly be made to work but it would be nice

Lately I notice that a lot of attention is being given to other factions.. I originally thought that the mod would be a super-focus on the HRE, and I'm kinda missing that vision. Is there plans for even more detailing of the HRE's functions? I'd actually prefer to draw away attention from other factions and their units and using up such slots to give the HRE and its duchies more detail and specialization..

Since after all, isn't that what makes this mod special?

@Zymran: I originally planned to include her in 0.6, but she didn't make it in in the end. She will be in 0.7 however.

@userfri3ndly: Yes, there are plans for a more detailed representation of the HRE. But for me it's equaly important that the other nations are represented on the same high level as the HRE. I enjoy crushing the HRE at least as much (or even more?) as playing it.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.