Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

Foederatus

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

First of all i want to thank you for your amazing mod.
    In future you should concentrate on the HRE. I think this is the heart of the mod and the most important point dividing it from others. In other games and mods i was often concerned about the fact that the HRE is displayed as one unified power.
    So keep on with your good work!!

Welcome to twcenter!

Thank you for your kind words! In the next release the mod will be very focused on the HRE. Two new features, counter-kings and Judaism will both be very important to the imperial factions.

stainer's Avatar Foederatus

I hope you'll add some new units as well.
    expecially feudal archers and men at arms is one thing that there should be in. both for the hre kingdoms and duchies and for the french.

stainer's Avatar Foederatus

ah, and some newb mercenary as well, i.e. italian crossbows, german heavy inf\man at arms, landsnecks, etc...

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

question here: will 0.6 change smth in the way the ai factions give their vote for the kings election? or will they give their voice just a "weaker " candidate? as i find it extremly difficult to sort out how to behave ingame to be elected.

I am not sure, Dimitri would know the answer for that.

@stainer: You'll find some new units in 0.6 for sure!

@HannibalExMachina: This will remain the same in 0.6, but will probably be enhanced in later versions: You have to have a low 'overal rank' and a high global standing to increase your chances to win the elections.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Yeah this mod is a great idea and good fun to play but I think the Reich needs to be a little more unified. As it is I played through a whole campaign and most of the other Duchies just sat there and behaved like neutral factions. I then played as France and found it far to easy to take down Germany, it is just like facing rebels really as none of them have any armies and they don't help each other out, I hope this will be improved on in later versions.

What difficulty did you play on?

You should play the mod with VH/H settings at least.

But I agree that this is not as good as it should be. Unfortunatly there is not much to do about it - the duchies that are not neighbours of enemies won't attack them. Not even forcing them into war helps, as they never send armies. But who knows, maybe a genious modder out there finds a solution for that AI problem.

Until then, I recommend playing for one of the HRE factions.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

I think that titles for the hre would be a good idea. So if a general stays in köln or mainz one turn, he could get the title archbishop as an ancillary. If the anc disapears by death of a character, it will become available once more.

some titles:

erzbischof von mainz: is also "Erzkanzler" of the empire.
    erzbischof von köln: is also kanlzler of italy
    erzbischof von trier: is also kanlzler of burgundy
    all get + piety, loyalty, authority

marschall (gets the title in the emperors capital): + command,loyalty,authority

what do you think?

more to come.....

Those sound good and titles seem to work well in other mods so they can work well in ours.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I've thought of including offices before, but decided to make them awardable and transferable in a way similar to MTW1. That even works, but it will take quite a time because the scripts are a bit complicated.

The major offices you mentioned will be included of course, and many more besides. But I fear they will not be ready for 0.6. (Well, I could do them in the usual way for 0.6 and later change them to my vision of titles).

Please keep posting your ideas, and thanks again!

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

I find this mod is the most fun I have played so far. However, playing as the Obotrite confederacy, I think you could give this faction a more tribal feel with some new units, and reskinning. I think you should as well reconsider including the Ordenstaat.

Thanks!

I agree that the Obotrites need a little improvement. But the Teutonic Order will have to wait for a possible Late Campaign, as our timeframe ends in 1300 at the moment, just before the rise of the Ordensstaat.

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

The most fun I've had playing any MTW II game was with the Obotrites, believe it or not. If you like I can share some of my Osprey pics to help you skin.

Of course!
    That would be of great help indeed.

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.

Where do you want me to post the pics?

yes before I was playing on M/M have tried a VH/VH campaign as Sicily and the Bavarians and Austrians are both waging war on me, it has been very enjoyable a great mod and great idea.

edit: and I've also tried campaigns as Saxony and Swabia and found them enjoyable, especially as Swabia as I could help any other Duchy in trouble from the position in the centre of the Reich.

yes before I was playing on M/M have tried a VH/VH campaign as Sicily and the Bavarians and Austrians are both waging war on me, it has been very enjoyable a great mod and great idea.
    Sicily is in a hard position since it has to fight so many Italian and German states at once.

edit: and I've also tried campaigns as Saxony and Swabia and found them enjoyable, especially as Swabia as I could help any other Duchy in trouble from the position in the centre of the Reich.
    Swabia is really fun for that reason. Actually my favorite factions are Burgundy and Franconia. However, Franconia is extremely hard. In my next campaign I'll play as Swabia.