Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - Suggestions

Default Re: The Empire: Total War- Recomendations

I'd rather add a script so that characters age 1 year per turn. The timespan is quite long.

I think 2/4/or even more turns per year will have to wait until an even more focused version is out (like the 'western Europe only' version mentioned above).
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; October 15, 2007 at 02:56 AM.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good point.
    How about giving each of the Duchies in Germany a slightly different unit roster, amongst themselves? Give the Duchy of Swabia Swabian swordsmen as a unique unit and give the other duchies unique units. They would all have the same units, but each faction would have a handful of unique units.
    Last edited by Henry X; October 15, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Right now the Duchy of Swabia does have Swabian Swordsmen and all the other duchies will have a new unit for our next release. We wont have completely new unit rosters but in the next release each faction will seem different.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's what I mean; just a few unique units. Oh, and I guess I didn't play long enough before my computer screwed up and deleted all my saved games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

That's what I mean; just a few unique units. Oh, and I guess I didn't play long enough before my computer screwed up and deleted all my saved games.
    Later we will probably add more new units but prior to our 1.0 release (a while from now...) Im sure factions will look completely different.

BTW, the next release will be out soon so you can see how each faction is different for yourself.

Campidoctor

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich- Recomendations

I would like to see this mod grow and gain the same status as Stainless Steel. This mod is relatively unknown but I from my first campaign as Bavaria, I would have to say it has a lot of potential to be one of the top mods. These are my two cent(I am not demanding just giving my opinion):

-Many Units and features from kingdoms would be a nice addition to the Mod.

-the Kingdoms models for northern European castles, and the Teutonic red brick castle would be nice addition to certain more eastern German factions.

-Possibly add Lithuania if your small amount of remaining slots around(I would prefer Lithuania or Norway over Sweden)

-I believe that the addition of Available re-skins of many factions that are not German but could use a re-skin nonetheless would be a nice addition to the mod. There are many available including:

Hungary-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...reskin&page=13

Mongol-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...38#post2263238

Byzantine-
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=reskin
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=byzantine
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=byzantine

Russian-

Turkish-

Note: Some of these links do not provide the most up to date version. All of these re-skins are available regardless of what is posted in the thread. PM the Skinner in order to find the most up to date versions

I think Tobolight has some good points for the non-HRE factions, though I doubt they're a first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight
    I would have to say it has a lot of potential to be one of the top mods.
    I agree!

Is it possible to change faction names? I tend to not think so, but it would be neat to be able to change the faction name from 'Duchy' to 'Kingdom' if they fill certain requirements. I say this because Bohemia only had a King in 1080 due to a Imperial decree, and his heir wasn't a King when he gained power.

But this would probably only be possible with another faction slot, wouldn't it? So it goes...

... I would have to say it has a lot of potential to be one of the top mods.
    Thank you very much Tobolight!

-Many Units and features from kingdoms would be a nice addition to the Mod.
    We are working on it! Many features have already been implemented in v0.5.

-the Kingdoms models for northern European castles, and the Teutonic red brick castle would be nice addition to certain more eastern German factions.
    A good idea. The only problem is that the look of the cities/castles can be changed for entire cultures only, not certain factions (As far as I know).

-Possibly add Lithuania if your small amount of remaining slots around(I would prefer Lithuania or Norway over Sweden)
    Both factions would be more fitting in a late era campaign. If we ever do that (as I hope), we will probably add them.

-I believe that the addition of Available re-skins of many factions that are not German but could use a re-skin nonetheless would be a nice addition to the mod.
    Good idea & thanks for the links!

@team: I'm quite occupied with the new script features, could someone other check that out, please?

Is it possible to change faction names? I tend to not think so, but it would be neat to be able to change the faction name from 'Duchy' to 'Kingdom' if they fill certain requirements. I say this because Bohemia only had a King in 1080 due to a Imperial decree, and his heir wasn't a King when he gained power.
    Unfortunatly not, as mentioned in an other thread somewhere in this forum. Sicilian Vespers achieved something like that, but the player needs to quit and restart the game for the changes to have effect. I'd rather have a solution that worked in-game.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations!

Cheers, D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

Campidoctor

Hey Can there be less rebel settlements for factions other than the HRE because the holy roman empire includes lands like Bohemia that CA would have instantly called rebel because they are very independent. Other factions seem hugley over shadowed by the HRE. there feels like there is two much open space every where but in the HRE. I am just saying give France more land in france, England and Scotland more land in British Isles, ect.....

Actually, in most of my games, France utterly blitzes Burgundy and knocks it out. Then follows the Lorraines, and soon, the HRE is gone.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Campidoctor

Well in my game as burgundy the holy roman factions slaughter poland and hungary quiet. while I killed France(I am not AI so I didn't know of france being powerful. So maybe the eastern front is more in need of a challenge than the western one.

Possibly. I usually play as Barvaria or Swabia.

In my campaigns, France utterly crushes the Western front, and the Eastern front doesn't even start up because they are wandering around. The Southern front doesn't go anywhere because the Italian rebels and cities are strong, and the Northern front goes right ahead.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Campidoctor

That is true the empire's situation has a lot to do with what faction you play as. I think that they are working on a way for the empire to work more as a team though.

I always play as either Bohemia, Saxony, or Franconia, and France always blitzes and wipes us all out but Poland and Russia just wander around.

Hello...
    hehe you probably want to kill me for dissapering like that,

Well i went in vacations, exams, virus, and forgot a little bit of m2tw
    .. im willing to do some stuff, if needed?

Ha! You dare... !?!?!?!

Just a joke. Welcome back! I hope you are alright again.

Someone recommended that we should get new skins for the none-HRE vanilla factions. Maybe you could have a look around for a suitable reskin out there we could use?

Visit my homepage.

haha, good one

Well can't we just tell the bohemian mod guys to help us and give us some of there mod stuff?

If not i can try and make a new model with Wings 3D, cool editing thing pretty useful since i find 3d max to complicated

BTW are the new skins working in 0.5 havent yet tryed it, i mean did someone fixed the model.db so that factions look different.

PD: im alright, do you think everytime i go im dead or wounded or missing?
    Last edited by nicolaswille; November 26, 2007 at 05:17 PM.

I'm gonna go look for some images of bohemian soldiers, if someone knows a place where i could get good ones

please give me the link

Edit: one more thing, next time please use another thing apart from file front, i dont know why but im having troubles with that.
    Last edited by nicolaswille; November 26, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

well first i just have to say that i've installed the mod and it's great

I was just wondering whether it's very easy to change the voices of the HRE factions to the german one... it's just strange to always hear them calling out 'england!' etc.

apart from that trivial issue i think the mod is heading in a very positive dierection

@nicolaswille: We have permission on the bohemians from the bohemia medieval mod. I only didn't have the time to take a close look yet. But I'll upload something for you soon.

New models sounds good, I guess Icefrisco has a lot of ideas for new units.

And yes, I updated the model.db entries for 0.5 of course.

Also, there is a rapidshare link for the mod too, but only in TWC's download section. It's the opposite for me. I can hardly ever download things from rapidshare, but have no problems with filefront.

@wadler:

Well... In theory, changing the voices should be easy. But I have to admit that I never succeeded in doing it. But I'm confident that they'll be alright in v0.6.

Visit my homepage.