Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoA - Bugs Reports

Default Re: BoA - Bugs Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Hassen Ibn Yasin View Post
    Did you have CTD everytime you attack every settlement,
    --> some settlements CTD ,not every settlements !.I don't know why!

A the rest of the campaign ?
    -->No!

Battles from campaign map are working ?
    -->Yes! But sometime CTD random! and it CTD when enemy attack my army!

How many turns you played ?
    --> more than 10 turns!
    So it has many error CTD random!!! Hope you can help me!

We will try but random CTD are very difficult to fix because they come from some corrupted models units. We would have to remake the units, and that's will be done in the V3

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Better get started then
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

I've a question, Lord Darkier. Have you RTW Gold Edition or the Pack Eras ? Or only RTW original ?

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

hope BoA v3 will be release soon and no longer CTD!

Original

Mmh... BoA was build on a Gold Edition version. I don't think that it could be the cause, but everthing is possible. Maybe you should ask in the forum or to your friend who have original RTW to try to install BoA.

I can't see why it would that would be the case especially as there are no folders creating a creative assembly folder then going in them.

There could be a problem because it Gold Edition some files are in .pak and original RTW have them into data folder, though. But that's no for you, because you can play at least the custom battles. If that is the cause, you weren't able to launch the game.
    Anyway Hayami sent me a PM. He's very busy atm because of real life issues, and he will continue work on the mod when he will have more time. So keep hope, Dark, I'm sure we will get your mod worked

Alright... here goes...

ive encountered several problems with the installation of BoA...

first of all: do NOT download the mod to your desktop... ive dicided to temperarily put it there but when i try to open the zipped file it says it has an unexpected ending and closes my winrar... tried downloading it again but still same problem occurs... i solved it by downloading it to the my documents folder instead of my desktop....

secondly: iam not sure if i installed the mod correctly i installed RTW updated it to v1.5 and installed the mod. then i copied the data folder from the campaign addon over my original data folder and then i was to apply the quick fix... however.. there is no readme to the quickfix so i didnt know how to install it... it was just a text file with an identical name to one of the text files in the data folder so i assumed that i needed to copy the text file and paste it over the one inside the data folder. since there is no readme on how to apply the quickfix i assumed i did the right thing.

third: the mod didnt work... even my standard RTW stopped working for some reason... so i reinstalled the mod and it solved that problem.. i finally saw a loading screen of the mod and some nice movies... great job. so i wanted to test out the custom battle function but as soon as i click start battle the game crashes. all it says is that a problem occured and the program needed to be exited... vista is really nice when it comes to the reporting of errors...

sooo i have no idea what to do now... and i really want to play this mod very badly cause Ran no Jidai died.... and Onin no Ran (feudal japan mod for M&B game) is dying atm... so pretty much all feudal japan/samurai mods died on me....

help pl0x

When you open the campaign addon and the quick fix, you can see a folder called "data", right ? After installed Battles of Asia v2.0, you have to put this "data" folder into Rome - Total War/BoA/, and not Rome - Total War/. Click yes to overwrite all. Then launch the mod with the shortcut.

ah silly me... i overlooked that...

well it still doesnt work tho... but maybe thats because i ed up my rome data folder... reinstalling now...

ill let you know the results...

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Hi
    i still get CTD now and then and a cant play custom battles it ctd immediately.
    But its a real nice mod

no luck guys... i reinstalled RTW... patched it to v1.5

then i reinstalled BoA v2.0... copied the data folder from the campaign addon over the origninal BoA/data folder and i applied the hotfix...

still as soon as i click the start battle button for custom battles it crashes...

the campaign seems to work fine tho.. it looks really nice, keep up the good work

btw i have 2 custom battle options in the menu... one of them says its the turorial the other one is just the custom battle..
    Last edited by Nipponsei; October 15, 2009 at 08:28 AM.

So it does not load up the battle and zooms in on the models?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    So it does not load up the battle and zooms in on the models?
    nope as soon as i click start battle it CTDs.... but the campaign works fine tho....

Someone help me i can't build boat although i built shipyard. Is it a bug or there are wrong with my BOA version?

I post my reply with hope that someone wiser may help me.
    I installed Rome TW and upgraded it to version 1.5, and installed BOA due to the instructions. After copying the data folder for the campaign over the BOA/data, and playsing the quickfix over its "bugged" duplicate I started the mod. Everything goes well, I started with my favourite Shimazu clan, and here comes with the next turn a small army of rebels. I send my army to brutally slaughter the enemy. I pick the personal lead mod and....here comes the bug. Every time when I choose "Start Deployment" the game crashes and it trows me. I tried reloding as the instructions for such cases says...again same thing. I though that perhaps its the quickfix file, so I reinstalled the mod, put the campaign add-on, but didn't put the quick fix.
    Start a new game again with Shimazu, and what you know, this time there is no such bug, I can lead my battles with no worries. BUT...there were 2 other bugs who came up.
    First everytime I get a new general, he dies instantly in a "honorble death" and after some point at the turns the game starts to crush again.
    Pls if there is anyway to stop these bugs, because I really like this mod and would like to play it
    Thanks

same situation as Tsume + my custom battles dont work (didnt try n mess with editing their locations), got ship yards but no ships, ect, ect... i hope v3 works out for every 1 but after finding this waiting forever to download and install it and then it doesn't work, well im disappointed and and give this mod a
    good effort, great idea, but no actual substance

When starting a campaign ---> "file not found data/models_unit/BoA/samgensquaresmaedate.cas" Any help for me?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast