Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoA - Bugs Reports

Icon4 BoA - Bugs Reports

Hi,

Here you can speak with the BoA team about bugs you found.

Cheers.

List of changes to do:
    - Complete some description
    - Change vanilla portraits for faction leaders
    - Correct custom battles locations - Done
    - Member of family die when player accept marriage - Done
    Last edited by Nelduin; October 14, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: BoA - Bugs Reports

I've just installed the game as per the instructions. I tried to play a custom battle with a mix of units - it did a CTD with a message about not finding a file (I've got the -show_err switch on the shortcut target).

I then thought I would keep it simple and only used a couple of units but I still got an error message.

I had a look for the missing file - it is there but in a different directory than the one that it is looking for. I found it in C:\Program Files\Activision\RTW 1.5 Battles of Asia\Data\models_unit\BoA\BoA\TEXTURES. There are two BOA directories in the path.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

yesindeed. We are actually hosting the 1.1 version. You will have to redownload BoA today to benefit BoA updates.
    May Buddha's wisdom be with you...
    High_Templar : Leader of Battles of Asia Mod and Leader of Battles of Kingdoms Mod

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I did download the files today! I guess you released the 1.1 after I did so.....

You've removed the download link and replaced it with;

BoA v1.0 Final : We actually host the new version which in includes AI Patch and some bugs corrections. It will be available tomorrow at 13h gmt+2.

I guess that is sometime on Saturday (I am on GMT+1 here in the UK).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

first screen crash to desktop wtf

crash to desktop whenever i try to play custom battles. how do i fix this?

I instal the Battles of Asia v2.0 "All-in-one": after instalation I click to play the game it gives me a loading of Rome Total War then it crash
    I instal normaly and wait that command window closed and all was instruted when appear the window saing exist I click and finish thei instalation after that I try the game and rigth from the star it crash how can I fix this?
    I have the Rome Total War Gold Edition can that be the source of the problem?
    Thanks

Last edited by RomanSoldier9001; June 29, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccappiello View Post
    crash to desktop whenever i try to play custom battles. how do i fix this?
    Hey ccappiello if you are using the campaign mod, then the reason custom battles crash is pretty easy to fix. Except for preset maps, all of the maps in custom battles are based on the campaign map. Thus when alex created a new campaign map, all the old, non-preset maps became invalid and will either kill all your units in a flood, or crash. You can simply change the coordinates yourself, or wait till I do it I changed half of them before discovering my current issue with the Uesugi Daimyo Bodygaurd and got distracted >.>;

If you didn't install the campaign submod, then I have no idea what the problem is, you'll have to ask the original BoA team ^^

There seems to be a bug concerning the textures. When I'm trying to load a new campaign, it gives me an error of an unfindable texture. Any idea?

You sure it happened while loading a new campaign? I have recently encountered that error message while trying to fight battles against specific slave units. The Samurai to Katana unit I believe. I forgot to specify a texture for that and a couple other slave units, which I have added back in. If that is the issue then its actually really easy to fix.

Go into your BoA and Data folder, open the file called "descr_model_battle.txt". Find "BoA_sammoykatana" then copy any of the texture lines (based on which faction texture you want your rebel samurai to katana to look like) and paste it one line down. Change the faction name (i.e. romans_julii for the mori texture) to "slave". Now find the matching model_sprite line and do the same thing (i.e. copy and paste, change faction name to slave). Note that you shouldn't NEED a sprite to play it, but the unit will disappear when you zoom out on the battle map without sprites.

I've only experienced a crash with the samurai to katana unit, but you might as well fix the other slave units to ensure they appear properly. The units currently being used by the slave faction are "BoA_ashigaru", "BoA_samdebaseyari", "BoA_samdebasecavyari", "BoA_sammoykatana", "BoA_sohei", and "BoA_footarcher". I will be updating this week with all the current files including the fixed DMB.

If that doesn't solve it then I have no idea what is wrong, I have experienced no such problems especially at campaign start. I'd have to imagine your textures are in the wrong folder or somehow the files became corrupted.

So,
    first I want to express my compliments to the creator and his team. The mod is great and I enjoy playin' it.
    But still it has fixes to be done. Some above have mentioned the missing custom battles. I have the same problem, although I to have installed the game due the instructions. When it tries to load the battle my army is drowned in a vast sea, or the game crashes and I am trown from it.
    Secondary fixes may be used in the campaign itself. You can build ports, but why can you not build ships? When I play the mod, the rebel fleet closes a number of my ports and I can't do anything to stop that. I just sit and watch how my cash amount gets lower due the closed port.
    And another thing is: you have an assassin - good , but where is the emissary (a.k.a dimplomat)?
    He can be very usefull, about that there is no second opinion, but still he is missing as an option in the city.
    Although these small problems (OK, the missing custom battles are not a small problem) the mod is really good, as I have said allready. I can hardly wait for the next one to be finished, so I can download it and play it.
    Have a nice day playing and thanks for the attention.
    P.S. to the creator & CO: keep up the good work

I was having fun with your mod until it started crashing when a rebel attacks me.show_err said the following:
    -first one:script error in export_descr_buildings : line 438,col 126 : missing a comma after seleucid

-second:same error, this time line 687,col 128 : missing an 's' after roman in roman_scipii

-third one:different error same file :building db error :faction carthage has gap in building prior to siege_engineer : should be 'carthaginian'

so i got those fixed but now its throwing me :
    failed to find texture 'data/models_unit/BoA/textures/MTW_horse_brown_redsaddle.tga

i dont know how to fix that one, any help?

edit:i followed your steps from two posts up and it works great now, a turn later i had a run in with rebel ashigaru no teppo, but it didnt crash.(i thought it would cuz i hadnt made a slave entry for that one)
    Last edited by Izno666; September 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: fixed it

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Atleast your getting errors... mine just CTD's back without an error.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Great mod! Just downloaded the campaign add-on. Revives that Shogun feeling!

Problem is I can play the campaign but I have a CTD every time I start a battle. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by chomps View Post
    Great mod! Just downloaded the campaign add-on. Revives that Shogun feeling!

Problem is I can play the campaign but I have a CTD every time I start a battle. Anyone else experiencing the same?

I have that problem...
    I have no solution...

When I try to start a new campaign as (I've only tried it as Takeda) I get an error about the file "data\models_unit\BoA\samgensquaresodemaedate.cas" not existing. I went to the folder and it does indeed exist.

I installed this on Rome: Total War Gold that I got off of Steam. The file structure is identical, beside being inside the Steam folder instead of the normal folder.

I haven't tried starting with any other factions yet, but I'll try and see if it's just a Takeda thing.

Hello,

I guess the image is pretty self-explanatory...I was playing a Custom mission...I wasn't playing the ninjas..I was playing another Asian faction (can't remember which but the one with the white powerful monks and powder shooters).

Why do I get this?

Sincerely,

It's strange that you have a roman centurion as captain for your unit... they have been removed by japanese flagwearer... I don't know because I don't have the actual version installed... Does someone has noticed the same bug ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Well I guess there was a Stargate portal somewhere in Rome and this Roman centurion got warped into Japan feudal wars...:-)

Bad luck...

Quote Originally Posted by PureRok View Post
    When I try to start a new campaign as (I've only tried it as Takeda) I get an error about the file "data\models_unit\BoA\samgensquaresodemaedate.cas" not existing. I went to the folder and it does indeed exist.

I installed this on Rome: Total War Gold that I got off of Steam. The file structure is identical, beside being inside the Steam folder instead of the normal folder.

I haven't tried starting with any other factions yet, but I'll try and see if it's just a Takeda thing.
    I tried it as Usegi and have the exact same error.

Doing a custom battle w/ mori I got MTW_horses_light.cas.

This is likely something to do with the steam (b/c for modding steam is utter ), if there is a way to get the files w/o an installer so we can do a manual install I think it might help. with steam I think its easier to not have it modfoldered. just overwrite it all so that steam can continue thinking its launching rtw.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast