Thread: Patch 1.5 compatibility

Default Patch 1.5 compatibility

Hi,

My 64 bit Windows 7 would not allow me to patch kingdoms to 1.5 due to compatibility issue (when I click on setup.exe an error message appears saying that the appliacation is not compatible with my windows program... well, something along those lines). Are there any sites wherei can download a 1.5 patch that runs on a 64 bit windows 7. Thanks

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Patch 1.5 compatibility

1. Disable the UAC. 32bit and 64bit use the same patch. The only differences are Gold/non-Gold and language specific.

I've already disabled the UAC, but the same message appears.

"This verison of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) verion of the program"

I'm running Win 7 64bit and the game patched to 1.5.

I have also before installing the game was disable the UAC and take ownership/control of C: drive, then installed the game outside C:\Program Files and Program Files (x86), this time on D: drive since I have a spare harddrive. Last time it was C:\Games.

You also have to be logged in as Administrator to pull it off. Logging in as Guest will not get the job done.

thanks. it seems that the problem was with my usb flash drive. After i formatted it, .exe files can already be read. Thanks again.
    I've installed it properly.

P.S. How does ownership and UAC relate to modding?

The game is XP and security in Windows was lax at best.
    When Vista was released they added User Account Control (UAC) to deter part of the problems they were getting sued constantly over. Disabling it lets old XP and older programs work. If you are the computer's only user and you stay out of questionable sites, you don't need it.
    Taking ownership let's the end user, the customer, do things that we of the pre-Vista took for granted. There are still some things in Windows I still can't get into and do because I don't own a developer's license. I don't need in that part of code anyway.