Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War - the Help Needed thread

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War - the Help Needed thread

Of course, first of all, please tell if these factiona are positioned well on the map right now or have to be tweaked. If so, point out which provinces didn't belong to the factions in the era, and if there were others which sould be controlled by them but aren't yet.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    Sorry for the late response; I've completely forgotten about this thread, and re-discovered it only now .
    Anyway, of course, I didn't expect from you to research all factions; that would be superhuman, and I'd be glad if you did some of them, one at a time, as your free time allows. I only inquired about wether you have competence in a wider variety of factions, and thus can make research on them, or have a very specific faction/area in mind. And, as I understand, the first is the case, as you wrote that you like reading about history when you have time for it.
    If you're still interested, let me know either here or in PM.
    Oh..... I totally forgot about this (coz of your late response)... Yea, I'm interested but I got exams on now , so I cant really do it at the moment...

And I'm studyign to get over 95% in history

Of course, I know how pressing exams can be, thus I won't bother you with it now, but maybe later, when you're over with them, you could apply and we'll see if there are factions left to which you can contribute.
    I wish you success with your exams!

I am a historian with a pretty good library so can research pretty much any faction that you haven't got covered to some level.

Let me know if you still need help.

Well, we have vacancies regarding these factions: The Kingdom of Portugal, The Crowns of Castile&Aragon, The Kingdom of Fez. They have no info at all. If you feel competent in one or more of these areas, please let me know.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

What nations made up the kingdom of Fez??I find very few references to it and the ones hat I do find are obscure at best..are we positive this is the most accurate name for this faction???just want to be sure for we must be sure to make the research as thorough and painless as possible for so that we may have an accurate and fleshed out faction.

Peace
    I could help with research on eastern factions (that is: mamlukes, safavids, moghul india, uzbeks, georgia, armenia, oman Imamate and Greeks)
    I was proposing a new mod somewhere with this timeline: 1500-1700 approx.
    That's where your going too it seems.
    This is the link of my under-developed idea - was hoping I could find a team to help.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146726

Thanks - and good luck

Thanks for your proposal, but I'm afraid you'd be without work, as we already have Boztorgai_Khan researching those factions, and also, the final version of the mod will only feature the timeline from 1492 to 1555.
    Good luck on finding a suitable mod team, though!

Hi, here are some pics which will be helping You!
    Those pics show units from 16th century!

The Border Reivers

Armies of the German Pesants War 1524-26

The Conquistadores

Henry VIII's Army

Thanks for the pics, KLA, I hope someone will find them pleasant enough to come here and offer his/her modelling or texturing skills.
    But even if not, they're nice pics anyway.

I have new pics for You.

Armies from 16th century and early 17th century (Funcken) / Armie XVI i początku XVII wieku rysowane przez Funckena

(Europeans- Infantry: Landsknechts, Pikemen, Halbardiers, Arqebusers, Musketeers, Guards; Cavalry: Knights, Gendarmes, Knights of Tournament, Reiters, Cuirassiers, Lancers etc. ; Artillery and Asian Armies)

Nice picture KLA; I'll soon make three or four new units for RTW, as soon as my computer is working again. I have finished my exams and I am ready to go!

Thanks for the pics, KLA!
    @DieKugelstoßer
    Congratulations on finishing your exams!
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; May 10, 2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Correction

Do you guys still need skinners? I love playing this mod, but I'm eager for a version compatible with the new patches and all. If you need my help, I'm fairly new to skinning, but I'll do my best!
    "But love will best judge what may hurt or edify; and if we let love be our guide, all will be safe." -John Calvin

Hey man, are you serious? Skinning is exactly one of the two jobs we need people for (the other being modeling). If you really wish to help us, you're hired! Just join our Group in the Group Memberships part of your user CP. Also, once you're memer, I'll send you the latest build of the mod intended only for developers. Although it is quite aged, it's still newer than the publicly available version.
    And once you're hired, what would you like to start with?
    I don't know how it all goes, modeling and skinning, what you need and what you don't (p.e. if you will be able to apply skins to already existing models or you'd need new ones), but if you need p.e. pictures for units I'm sure the team can provide you. And if you'd need new models, maybe I can ask Lizard King to dom something for the cause.

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Hey, I'm here . I already PMed you Ivstaan, about being a Russian researcher, but you probably already have one. Its a long stretch, but if you guys really want to make it a realistic game I can even be a small native American researcher. I know its not the main goal of the game, but the New World did influence the renaissance period quite a bit back then. I'm not talking about adding new factions or whatever (though that would be great) but perhaps adding a new unit or so, and some settlement placement, its just a thought.

Anyway, believe me, I'd love to do some modeling work for you guys, here's my problem though. I can model, no problem. I can't UV map. As far as I know, I can't just make a unit and hand it over and say 'here, skin it' from what some others have told me, I need to map it first, which I'm completely lost on. If someone knows a good tutorial on how to do that, or can teach me, or can even do it for me, I will definitely help this mod!

I will attempt to help you, to the best of my ability. I'll be in touch.

@TLK
    No problem; I'll hire you anyway, and if you can contribute with some Native American research, that would be good; poor NAs in vanilla M2TW feel somewhat left out...
    And it will be even better if in any way you'll be able to give us a couple of models; surprisedbyjoy has joined us as a skinner, so that will not be much of a problem.
    @DieDiskusWerfer
    Nice to see you around here!
    As you can see, there's at last some life around this beloved mod of us .

It is good to see it indeed. I have PM'ed TLK the tutorial and I have also posted it in the Mod Workshop Tutorial section, by the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast