Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance: Total War - the Help Needed thread

Default Renaissance: Total War - the Help Needed thread

Renaissance Total War is currently in need of...

a) modelers/skinners
    objective: create and/or edit models for the faction units and skin them

(NOTE: we already have one, but surely would need more)

b) scripters
    objective: create and test the campaign script according to specifications

(NOTE: we already have one)

All interested please apply in this thread
    Last edited by DrIstvaan; February 13, 2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: update

Default Re: Renaissance: Total War - the Help Needed thread

I'm willing to be a faction researcher. But, what are the lists?

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

For which faction could be a researcher? Or do you have vast knowledge over every faction (that would be fantastic, more all-around researchers mean lesser pressure on one)? Well, I see your sig, and it lets me think you do...
    The lists have to consist of units to be used in Renaissance: TW, divided into categories, based on the era they could be inserted into (early Renaissance, late Renaissance, or both), mostly regarding their looks (for texturing purposes).

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Icon14 Re: Renaissance: Total War - the Help Needed thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrIstvaan View Post
    For which faction could be a researcher? Or do you have vast knowledge over every faction (that would be fantastic, more all-around researchers mean lesser pressure on one)? Well, I see your sig, and it lets me think you do...
    The lists have to consist of units to be used in Renaissance: TW, divided into categories, based on the era they could be inserted into (early Renaissance, late Renaissance, or both), mostly regarding their looks (for texturing purposes).
    I make it a hobby (a very long hobby) of researching history when i'm not out with my friends, so i know quite an amount of post-medieval, pre-colonial age history sites. But, if there is something i don't know (I don't know everything, come on!), I'll find it somewhere else.
    But i really don't have time to research all factions. I can research some European factions (Spain, England, France, Scotland, HRE). I haven't really read this mod very well because i've been busy, so i don't know what factions you have planned to have. Just tell me what to research (Not too much).

Sorry for the late response; I've completely forgotten about this thread, and re-discovered it only now .
    Anyway, of course, I didn't expect from you to research all factions; that would be superhuman, and I'd be glad if you did some of them, one at a time, as your free time allows. I only inquired about wether you have competence in a wider variety of factions, and thus can make research on them, or have a very specific faction/area in mind. And, as I understand, the first is the case, as you wrote that you like reading about history when you have time for it.
    If you're still interested, let me know either here or in PM.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

I'am a NOMADIC ( URAL-ALTAIC PEOPLES ) RESEARCHER.
    I Want well RESEARCH FOR YOU, If you Want me ??

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

And that means you could do research for Russia? We have (almost) absolutely no information over that country right now, so you could came handy.
    Or what did you more exactly mean with "Ural-Altaic" peolpes?

And that means you could do research for Russia? We have (almost) absolutely no information over that country right now, so you could came handy.
    Or what did you more exactly mean with "Ural-Altaic" peolpes?

Ural = Finn, Eston, Ugian, Ugor ( Magyar )
    Altaic = TURKIC, MONGOL, TUNGUS

Astrakhan Khanate, Aq-Koyunlu, Ottomans, Hungary and Mamluks.
    I can you Help with that 5 Factions for Researching If you Want me.

Wow, that's a help indeed. And a helping hand is always welcome . Do you have solid information on the warfare and/or diplomatic relations of those factions? If yes (I suppose it is), you're hired!
    BTW, you're a colorful personality .

Wow, that's a help indeed. And a helping hand is always welcome . Do you have solid information on the warfare and/or diplomatic relations of those factions? If yes (I suppose it is), you're hired!
    BTW, you're a colorful personality .

Thank You.. I'am Colorful Hero, I Can Help You Alone With RESEARCHING ( INFO's, BANNERS, LIST of NAMES ( MALE, FEMALE, SURNAMES ), FAMILY TREE, UNIT's NAMES and PICTURES ).

Cool , welcome aboard! That's the info we need; supposing you've played M2TW before, you surely know how things work out, what a faction needs etc.
    Please, pick one or more factions from your area of expertise, and do some research for us, and then post your findings in the appropriate Faction Thread.

Tiro

I'm currently studying history and have a good understanding of the military from 11th century to the 18th century. I live in Sweden and would love to research the northern countries; Danmark, Norway, Sweden (or those of whom you are going to include) - maybe you should rename the Danish faction to "Karlmar Unionen" as this is the current political situation of scandinavia.

Cool , welcome aboard! That's the info we need; supposing you've played M2TW before, you surely know how things work out, what a faction needs etc.
    Please, pick one or more factions from your area of expertise, and do some research for us, and then post your findings in the appropriate Faction Thread.

Okay, Thank You.. I do my Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrimfar
    I'm currently studying history and have a good understanding of the military from 11th century to the 18th century. I live in Sweden and would love to research the northern countries; Danmark, Norway, Sweden (or those of whom you are going to include) - maybe you should rename the Danish faction to "Karlmar Unionen" as this is the current political situation of scandinavia.
    Well, it seems we have currently no researcher for that area, so if you wish to help us, I'm glad to accept. So far, only Denmark is intended to be in-game, but if you see it better (historical accuracy concerned) to include Sweden and/or Norway as well, it should be no problem.

Tiro

Well I'm in! Just tell me what to do and where I should post my research!
    As for the factions; Danmark, Sweden and Norway are currently in a union (the Kalmar Union) and are ruled over by the Danish king. Not until the early 1500s does Sweden again emerge as a real country, ruled over by Gustaf Wasa. norway following MUCH later (first they are a client kingdom of Sweden).

The time-period; where do I start and what is the ending-date?

Welcome in the team, then!
    The start is 1492, and the end date is 1555. As for what you should do, you should make a list of units to be used by the Kalmar Union, sorted in three groups based on the period when they were used, and on what they look like (Early Renaissance, Late Renaissance and both). Also, a list of names would come useful, and the diplomatic stances of the Union as well (who were they at war with, who were their allies etc.). Last, but not least, you should point out which provices (on the mod's map) they should have.
    All these infos are true to Botzorgai_Khan as well.
    Also, both of you may expect a PM from me either later this evening or tomorrow, containing the link to the latest "insider" version of RenTW, and the password to the team-members exclusive Dev Forums. Stay tuned!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

I would very much like to contribute to the prject as well by means of research.Even though I have a general knowledge of the affairs of most of europe during this time period,I would be most suited to the situations in France,the HRE and Poland.If you are in need of any information concerning the aforementioned I would be more than Happy to dedicate the time needed to a thorough research.

Edit:Oh yes,for what it is worth I also hold sway over a sizable amount of knowledge concerning the units,strategy and techniques used by the factions of this era in a rather general but thorough scope,as well as being able to provide scans and images of weapons,their uses and design as well as strategies utilised with each in formation and as a single unit..just in case you are interested.
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; November 07, 2007 at 06:42 PM.

You know, Ikusa, I was sincerely hoping you would apply. You are such a fan of our work, I was thinking what work I could give you.
    And know what? We badly need someone for France and the HRE, thus you come absolutely handy.
    Welcome aboard!

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

The honour of serving the team is all mine DrIstvaanyou can count on me to provide a thorough base of knowledge for your usage concerning the aforementioned factions of France and the HRE.Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this incredible project

If it is not too much trouble,could you possibly provide me with a basic outline of what exactly it is that you are looking to find information wise concerning the factions??I ask this only to avoid heaping unecessary information upn you causing you to sift out the useless for the useful.
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; November 08, 2007 at 01:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast