Thread: >>>DarthMod 1.4D: The Last Episode<<<...Attack!

Default >>>DarthMod 1.4D: The Last Episode<<<...Attack!

The circle is complete. This is my last mod for the TW series. You can read my retirement thread here:

The first wave of attack was successful (with 1.4C). Now it is time to start the final Invasion.
    DarthMod series has been known for the focusing in Gameplay and AI and with this version you will get hopefully the best of this game under patch 1.2/1.3

There will be a new evolving team which is assimilated to the dark ways and wishes to continue the DarthMod name trademark. A new hope? I will be around for a while to consult them from time to time in order to be able to preserve the usual DarthMod quality or even better it.

I will not say a lot of things:

DarthMod 1.4D includes:

-The Best Battle Physics ever seen in a TW game
    -New Battle AI ruthless and aggressive
    -New Darth Campaign AI
    -2 maps full of challenges

Want to know more?...Play it and see for yourself. I will be hearing you for sometime and maybe give a final patch according to your average liking.

You want a changelog don’t’ you? Good. I can feel your anger. Play DarthMod with all of your hatred, and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete!

But for those who are not prone to old jedi mind tricks…let me tell you some synoptic enhancements comparing to vanilla:

The Best Battle Physics ever seen in a TW game
    Realistic mass feeling of all troop types for powerful cavalry and infantry charge clashes, penetration effects, realistic movement speed and responses, realistic endurance of battles and feel of armour of troops and many more for your true medieval havoc enjoyment.

New Battle AI ruthless and aggressive
    There is nothing similar to the default AI here. Everything hyper modded and used my secret dark ways with the help of the Darth battle physics, Darth unit score balance and various extra AI scripts not used in default or parameterised differently, to offer the best AI so far introduced to a TW game. If only the new TW engine allowed different formations per faction…you would be amazed of the capabilities of the system.

New Darth Campaign AI
    Again…this is truly a rework of all AI value parameters to offer a new experience to a TW gamer in his planning against the AI during the map phase. The AI is programmed to:
    -Plan careful and powerful full stack invasion attacks and decide the best time to do that calculating the power balance of relations, combat and production of its neighbours and allies.
    -Pope Fixed. Yes..it was bugged from vanilla, no doubt about that because it had script to attack fellow Christians, now this has changed with new script to have hostility only with muslims therefore staying idle in his lands or attack non-christian, rebel near him.
    -Reasonable Diplomacy which allows many options to be negotiated and not witness idiotic No’s from AI.
    -Careful balance of income, settlement and agent AI which makes each of your decision to attack or defend truly valuable since the income can become from very large to super small due to the merchant wars and trade agreements, isolation from other countries due to bad reputation or the opposite, spies and assassins to have true diplomatic effects if they are revealed in your lands and fail and many more…
    -AI alliances will interact in packs and support each other effectively (Have you seen that in a TW game up to now except Shogun TW in rare moments?)

“2 maps full of challenges”
    Two new maps are offered and designed by The Border Reiver with many new settlements and provinces, careful balance and together with my dark tweaking (giving for example free upkeep to all militia units to allow powerful AI stack garrisons to cities, free upkeep to all foot Muslim armies to allow historic superiority of their numbers, careful faction AI to allow quality AI armies of certain European armies according to their rosters or make Muslims deploy Hordes of cheap armies to outnumber almost by 3:1 ratio, Turks to build missile cavalry based armies etc.)…you get what you were seeking all this time from this game without changing too much but making M2TW truly playable as it ought to be from the start.

WARNING!

DarthMod is far more complex than you may most of you understand. It is not advised to take single files and copy them to other mods without adaptation methods.
    There is no way to play a Darth Battle 100% unless you photocopy my full mod.

Every modder is free to use my work if he wants but has to say to his fans that I have no responsibility about any inconsistency. He is then advised to:
    1)Use other Lite AI mod to use
    2)Revert to DarthMod 1.4D full to play the real thing 100%

The people I wish to thank for their contribution for this final version of my Mod are:

Current handpicked eligible Darth Beta Team:

Darth "The Border" Reiver (200%) ->Granted the command of the Super Star Destroyer II "Betrayal"(patronized and later joined the rebels with the stolen vessel).
    Darth Tiberiu_R (200%)->Granted a modified attack Tiberian Shuttle and a battalion of elite guard stormtroopers. He is in command of the Sith Training Grounds and the Imperial Star Destroyer II "Annihilator"
    "Sith Knight" Argent Usher (185%)->Granted an imperial Coruscant Office and a handful of Imperial Guards and the command of the Imperial Star Destroyer "Inspire".
    "Sith Knight" dm04 (180%)->Granted Count Duku's Lightsaber and a legion of Death-troopers and the command of the Super Star Destroyer "Guilotine".
    "Sith Knight" xeryx (175%)->Granted an Imperial Legion Command and the Super Star Destroyer "Tormentor".
    "Sith knight" Naimad (175%)->Granted a modified AT-AT walker Platoon and a Legion of my best troops.

Imperial Commander Pdguru (100%)-Granted the command of the Imperial Brigade Army
    Imperial Officer Cofresi (100%)
    Imperial Snowtrooper PeteSKTemplar (100%)
    Imperial Stormtrooper don776 (100%)
    Imperial Stormtrooper Oriflamme (100%)
    Imperial Stormtrooper IZ-Master (94%)
    Imperial Scout Marku (65%)->Granted the command of a surface attack squad.
    Imperial Stormtrooper jmack- (55%)
    Imperial Stormtrooper Marine Hoplite (45%)

And in particular:

Map creator and Valuable all around helper by adapting many mini-mods to DarthMod:
    -The Border Reiver

Valuable Beta Tester and creator of the new Darth Building Tree:
    - Tiberiu_R

The most thorough and exact Darth Beta tester and future Big Map creator for DarthMod:
    - dm04

Innovation director and idea planner for the Darth Campaign Map:
    -xeryx

All around Help and early exact finder of most serious inconsistencies:
    - Naimad

Art Director for DarthMod and a hope for the Dark side (may your new offspring be able soon to play a DarthMod some day…somehow! Thank you for your time despite the obvious lack of it!):
    -Argent Usher

Art Creators for DarthMod in many dark ways:
    -Pdguru
    -Cofresi

Conscript but Reliable Beta Testers:
    - PeteSKTemplar
    - don776
    - Oriflamme
    - IZ-Master
    - Marku
    - jmack-
    - Marine Hoplite

Also Special Thanks to:

-Burrek for his Blood and Dirt v0.91 mod
    -Rawghi (Using his base for Heraldry mod)
    -Tokus (Using his base for Historic Events)

-Installation Instructions-

Install M2TW and patch it to 1.2 or 1.3 (In 1.3 plays slightly better IMO but fully compatible to both):

-Open the installation package(After you unzip it in TW center mirror zip mode)

-Let the installer guide you or manually browse the installer to install it where you have your main game directory like this for example:
    C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    and not(for example):
    C:\program files\SEGA\Medieval II\data = wrong

-The installer will create a shortcut to desktop to play DarthMod or you will have to click Launch_DarthMod.bat in your main game directory which you will use/double click each time to play DarthMod(If you want fix your own shortcut for it in your desktop)
    -Play!

(You can install over previous version of DarthMod_M2TW 1.4 but do not continue your saved campaign)

-If you anticipate problems try deleting the file map.rwm which is here:
    C:\....\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\DarthMod\DATA\world\maps\base\

*** "If you have a non-English version of MIITW, and are experiencing CTD's.

When clicking on armies or characters. It appears that there is some incompatibility in the sound files. A special thanks to @[FtN] Gebirgsjäger for sorting this problem out.

The following steps will correct this problem:

1) Delete the files in DarthMod\data\sounds

2) Copy events.dat and events.idx from Medieval II Total War\data\sounds to Darth\data\sounds"

Notices:
    -You will not be able to play historical battles unter DarthMod unless you copy the following root game folder whole files .../data/world/custom and .../data/world/maps/battle, respectively to Darthmod/data/world/...
    -DarthMod does not use/mod other mods or original game so you can play/swap with it at any time.(Concerning you have installed it correctly as advised above)
    -It is highly recommended to play DarthMod M2TW 1.4 without any other mods installed as it bug free tested as is. I have no responsibility nor I reply to repetitive mails when you want to mod DarthMod.

Darth Vader

email:thomadisnick@hotmail.com

my forums:

my pages:

http://www.myspace.com/thomadisnick
    (Donation to the Dark Side is available there!)

This is DarthMod Demonstration and more will follow...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DarthMod Demonstration #1
    Offered by DarthMod fan: Tiberiu_R

In the same battle I noticed the way heavy infantry fights pikemen units. It's just the way it should be. I charged in a frontal assault and this is what happened:
    -Pikemen hold off the infantry, and just a small number of infantry manages to go near the pikemen(very good! in the previous 1.4A pikemen were a wall against infantry, where you couldn't get near them at all).
    Here's a pic:

-I have also noticed that pikemen don't use any secondary weapon, only their pikes (this is very good and i think historically accurate)
    -the rear of the pikemen is indeed vulnerable. I used my peasant unit, went around to the back of the pikemen and charged. The peasants create havoc, killing a lot of the pikemen. This is very good. God job Darth.
    Another pic:

By the way, pikemen fight great against cavalry too. Again if you charge with cav in front of pikemen, only some horses get through the spear wall. The rest are cut down slowly(not like in vanilla were they would die in a couple of seconds).
    Excellent job Darth for battle dynamics and for the pikemen.

DarthMod Demonstration #2
    Offered by DarthMod fan: Kefka_101

I think cavaly works well now. They may need to be slightly adjusted, but overall they feel about right. They seem incredibly powerful, but remember that this:

Is cheaper than this:

With the result being this:

Because of what Darth said. The more dense your formation, the more
    effective against cavalry:

However, I must say that the Billmen did nothing except die quickly.

Darth Note:

Billmen cannot absorb a charge than counter attack with the bill hooks. It is very rational since their weapon is not long and are also unshielded. Once the cavalry gets stucked, they can go in and pull them down!

DarthMod Demonstration #3

I forgot to put some pics for heavy cav vs pikeman. I had 5 Noble Pikeman vs 3 Lancers (elite french heavy cav)
    Here you see the Lancers charging in a frontal assault:

Like in the case of heavy infantry, the cavalry breaks through the line of pikes with just a small number of troops. The rest die slowly in a bitter fight (this reminds me of braveheart )
    See here:

You can see here the result, the main part of the Lancers are dead while the rest of them flee.

And the results:

I think this is accurate since Heavy Cavalry units are able to break through, no matter how many pikes, but still they get their ass kicked.

DarthMod Demonstration #4
    Offered by DarthMod creator: DARTH VADER (yes...me)

In this demonstration you will see how you can manipulate the infantry in DarthMod than never in the history of TW series. The Infantry in DarthMod, as of course a lot more the cavalry, can be a versatile force of melee. It can stand, attack, penetrate, defend and virtually is the spirit of the battle checkerboard creating the interactive line of battle. In this demo scenario, norse swordsmen (human) clash with dismounted feudal knights (AI).

The easy part is the first contact by applying charge targets the units of the AI as it does the same to you. DarthMod has fixed cohesion and charge and you will witness terrifying clashes of arms!

Watch now the difference...as the line is fixed...you select a proportion of the infantry...

And order it to attack the other side of the line!

The troops obey you and travel inside the mass of troops to penetrate by continuously charging. This is the ideal way to use 2-handed swordsmen since they have the melee and stats parameters to break and disrupt enemy lines at ease!

The line is changing, gaps are created...the AI responds and does the same by counter attacking other spot!

Havoc is created and a lot of troops are killed from both sides...a lot more if you have not ordered them and let them to just melee, but the risk is worth it because you can really destroy the enemy with a timed internal charge like this!

You select the other side of the line and you pick the center to attack in order to support the troops that find the AI try to support it and not let your charging troops to hack through!

You can also swap guard mode and you will immediately see your troops to re-form and combine to each other, while you can charge them in guard mode to have even more penetration effect in a centered area, but no flank procedure as a handicap.

The line is more or less a mess and you have to be careful not to overuse the ability to interact in the melee as a real officer, because the AI takes easily the upperhand in case of a not-skilled human commander.

I have done overuse...

I tried to destroy the center but the AI responded well. It kept its general patiently behind and ...

while I thought I will finally break in...

The AI general supported timely the melee...

Surrounded my brave troops...killing my general and in secs rooting me.

Of course I could have equally won in this random and dynamic battle melee.
    Imagine this scenario in big field battles with a lot of combat troop types...this is the way that you can make the difference...as a general....and as a brave officer inside the melee...ordering them continuously to follow you to penetrate a specific section..maybe the enemy general and its guards is a good target!

Unfortunatelly the AI will do that all the time as well! Be prepared...DarthMod has a lot of battle secrets for you to unlock and exploit strategies!

DarthMod Demonstration #5

Here I want to make some comparisons between Vanilla and Darth Mod.
    I fought the same battle in vanilla and Darth Mod. On the left side you have the screens from vanilla and on the right you have screens from Darth.
    1)Battle formations:
    You can see the way units in vanilla fight just in front lines, while the rest of them lag behind. In darth they all stick togheter:

2)In this case I like the way cavalry chases down the routing troops. As the enemy units flee, the cav in vanilla just runs near them but they don't kill them. In darth you can see they are chasing them down properly.I find this very usefull especialy in campaings where you have to chase down the remaining troops.

3)Heavy infantry vs Pikeman.
    In vanilla pikemen don't work nearly at all against heavy infantry. They switch to their swords and get killed really easy.You can see on the left that they are crap. In darth mod you can see they manage to hold the line, and finally defeat the heavy units.(One nice trick is to disable the defensive mode for pikemen while they are in melee. They start moving slowly onward and kill a lot of heavy infantry )

4)Heavy Cavalry charge:
    I found it stupid the way cavalry charged down infantry in vanilla.They charged and were stoping like they hit a wall.This was too unrealistic. In darth you can see cavalry trampling down the infantry. It makes sense.How could a man stand up in front of a horse and rider in full speed?
    Look here:

I did this so that ppl can taste the features of DARTH MOD!
    I will return with some pics regarding the AI and maybe other things.

DarthMod Demonstration #6
    Offered by DarthMod fan: Cofresi

Hi There,

First, Thanks to Darth for the awesome new battle AI, I think it is a must for anyone wanting a real challenge at the tactical level of the game.

Now, I really like the new units penetration effect developed by Darth and I think they change the battle experience in the game greatly.

I did a custom infantry battle between Scotland and the HRE with the following composition;

Scotland:

Galloglaich x 3
    Highlanders x 3
    Nobleswordmen x1 (General)

HRE:

Seargent Speramen x5
    DFK x4
    DIK x1 (General)

Here is the setup of my troops, with the Galloglaich in front of the formation, followed by the highlanders ( note the column formations) and the General unit.

Attachment 3880

The first line clashes...

Attachment 3881

My intention in this battle is to break the enemy formation in the center to split them.
    Here comes the funny part, note the Galloglaich unit at the right with the red circle. Taking advantage of the new Darth's penetration effect I ordered that unit to charge the german unit signaled with the red arrow so I can start hitting the enemy center.
    Attachment 3882

and did the same with the left Galloglaich unit...

Attachment 3883

Since the Galloglaich are moving towards the center their old position(horizontal arrow) must be filled, enter the Highlanders!,, the unit at the right will take care of the enemies in front and the unit next to it( vertical arrow) will follow the spearheading Galloglaich, same at the left flank.
    Attachment 3884

To be continued...

Continue and it goes to demonstration thread!

Use the magic fix 2 for better effects!(download thread)

Cont...

Here you can see the point of the attack with both Galloglaich units converging at the center followed by the highlanders...

Attachment 3885

The line starts to break...

Attachment 3886

Oh yes...is breaking! note my general unit in the middle, I ordered them to run towards the blue cross (point of clicking) so they can reach the battle area quickly, once there I clicked on the enemy unit to allow the attack.

Attachment 3888

and they made it!, notice that the AI, feeling the danger contra attacked the area with its own general unit!

Attachment 3889

a closer look...

Attachment 3890

To be cont...

Hi Darth,

Already using the Magic!!!

cont...

Ai's left flank breaks...

Attachment 3891

same goes for the right...

Attachment 3892

too much pressure I guess...

Attachment 3893

Was not an easy one...

Attachment 3894

and the final stats, look at the #'s killed by the Galloglaich, I think they full filed their historical role.

Attachment 3895

The battle was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the fact that maneuvering was the key to victory and that the AI reacted very well.

In case you haven't notice the AI tends to use this same tactics so be careful with your line's center!!!

Hope you guys liked, and Thanks Darth!

Just a bonus.

From a previous battle a good example of an infantry charge.

Lots of mixed units,

Attachment 3896

DarthMod Demonstration #7

Hi,

With the new strong cavalry in the latest Darth Mod is really dificult to defeat them using old tactics, like in vanilla for example you just surround any cavalry unit ( even armored ones ) with a lot of town militia and militia spears and that was it for the equines... not any more I'm afraid.

Darth cavalry with its strong defence + AI effective use of it ( a very important aspect) has changed that.

So after I have been losing battle after battle of weak early armies with a few cavalry units in it I will like to share a few learned lessons...the hard way!!!

Battle info;

Darth 1.4b + the Magic

Poland vs Russia

Army composition:

Poland (me),

Woodsmen x 9
    Dismounted Polish Nobles x 4
    General's Body Guard x 1

Russia,

Woodsmen x 12
    Druzhina x1
    General's Body Guard x 1

My initial set up with a long line of woodsmen in the front and the polish nobles in the posterior flanks.
    Attachment 3908

The Druzhinas attack my left flank, I ordered the nobles in that flank to engage them. Didn't move the rest of the line so I can see were the other cavalry unit will strike.

Attachment 3909

The Russian general's unit goes to my right flank, note that since I already know the point of attacks and the cavalry is engaged I ordered the center of my line to move forward to halt the enemy infantry advance in the center and be able to isolate both russian cavalry units. Note the units at the far right too.

Attachment 3911

A gap is open so my general can charge the enemy infantry...

Attachment 3912

Stay tune...

cont...

My general moves to the center at the Druzhinas at the left routs ( blue circle), note that the General's AI didn't fall for the trick and regroups at the center of his line (yellow arrow) ...

Attachment 3913

My general is charging the enemy line , while thr Druzhinas continue to rout and the enemy general is back charging my lines (yellow arrow), since nobles at the left defeated the Druzhinas I ordered them to charge the enemie's general.

Attachment 3914

Now my general is free to deal with the Russian infantry...

Attachment 3915

So He does...

Attachment 3916

now the Russian general is coming!.. really upset I guess :-)

Attachment 3917

More to follow...

Cont...

Melee ensures between him and me, so my reinforcements are coming...

Attachment 3918

And they arrive...

Attachment 3919

More melee...

Attachment 3920

The AI does the same thing but one of its units is blocked by the nobles...

Attachment 3921

The Russian runs for his life...

Attachment 3922

brb...

cont...

My general charges the last pocket of resistance...

Attachment 3923

A Hard one...

Attachment 3924

Stats...

Attachment 3925

Note that the AI killed more of my men.... a great fight.

Hope these helps...Thanks

I did the same battle again without doing anything on my part and here is the result,

Battle info;

Darthmod 1.4 + Magic Fix 2
    VH

France vs England

The Troops:

England (AI)

Armored Sergeants x3
    Dismounted English knights x4
    English knights x4
    General's bodyguard x1

France (Human)

Armored Sergeants x 8 (upgraded armor}
    Dismounted Chivalric knights x 4
    General's bodyguard x1

So as you can see, a cavalry difference of 5:1 to the AI

Here is the initial set up,

The English line,

The French line,

The Battlefield,

To be continued...

Here we go...

My setup,

DCK in the front with AS behind and in the flanks with the most lateral units already in schiltrom formation. General in the middle back.

Battle Plan;

The French are short of mobility in this battle with just one cavalry unit vs the English 5's.

For they to win, they will need to neutralize the English general's greatest asset... Cavalry!

So with the new battle AI, I need to put the DCK in front ( to attract a charge) since I have notice that the AI will not charge a line of spear men if it has more vulnerable targets to hit (really cool, eh?). Spear men at the flanks will prevent the AI to outflank my main line in the center.

Here it comes...

Just when the horses are close enough I ordered my DCK to fall back behind the spear men so the charge hit them instead ( Caution: if you make this move to soon, the AI will STOP the charge, fall back, regroup and Crush you with flank attacks!).

Note that once the cavalry engaged the AS I ordered them to schiltrom formation. My DCK are regrouping in the back, ready to strike.

More to come...

Counterattack!

The French general asses the situation and discover a weak spot at the English line (yellow arrow) and one weak spot in his own line (black arrow) and orders the DCK to attack accordingly (blue arrows).

and they attack,

The french general realizes that's not enough to protect his left flank and makes a move,

Upon seeing this, the English cavalry disengage from that flank and proceeds to attack the rear of the French line,

Meanwhile lets take a look at the point of attack of the English infantry at the French's right flank,

Back at the French left flank the general catch momentum,

and is followed by his infantry,

At the back of the French line the English cavalry is trying to break the morale of my troops with rear attacks,

The french general can't allow this,

Reinforcements arrive to help him,

and the French general disengage to go back to relieve pressure on the French infantry,

The AI unit didn't like it,

will follow...

Now the French general takes position to support the heavy engaged infantry trying to hold the English assault at the right.

He decides this is a good time to use the new availability of formation disruption (Provided by the Dark Forces) to cause havoc at the English lines while his infantry keep attacking at the same time, so he follows the traced rout ( yellow arrow) and enable this by not charging, but just clicking at an empty area behind the enemy formation. (Check Tiberiu_R's demo at the demonstration threat for an infantry example of this)

and disrupt a little bit the defense of the red guys while the French keep attacking and gain some ground,

Caution: While doing this be sure to keep moving your unit or it will pay the consequence of been among its enemies!

The AI does the same to me!!!

This time the French general charges,

Soon the English are fighting for their lives! (Red Banners)

A look of the carnage so far...

The AI counterattack with what it has left,

but, recognizes defeat...

Results,

Stats,

I hope you Liked...

DarthMod Demonstration #8

Battle info;

Darthmod 1.4 + Magic Fix 2
    VH

France vs England

The Troops:

England (AI)

Armored Sergeants x3
    Dismounted English knights x4
    English knights x4
    General's bodyguard x1

France (Human)

Armored Sergeants x 8 (upgraded armor}
    Dismounted Chivalric knights x 4
    General's bodyguard x1

So as you can see, a cavalry difference of 5:1 to the AI

Here is the initial set up,

The English line,

The French line,

The Battlefield,

To be continued...

Here we go...

My setup,

DCK in the front with AS behind and in the flanks with the most lateral units already in schiltrom formation. General in the middle back.

Battle Plan;

The French are short of mobility in this battle with just one cavalry unit vs the English 5's.

For they to win, they will need to neutralize the English general's greatest asset... Cavalry!

So with the new battle AI, I need to put the DCK in front ( to attract a charge) since I have notice that the AI will not charge a line of spear men if it has more vulnerable targets to hit (really cool, eh?). Spear men at the flanks will prevent the AI to outflank my main line in the center.

Here it comes...

Just when the horses are close enough I ordered my DCK to fall back behind the spear men so the charge hit them instead ( Caution: if you make this move to soon, the AI will STOP the charge, fall back, regroup and Crush you with flank attacks!).

Note that once the cavalry engaged the AS I ordered them to schiltrom formation. My DCK are regrouping in the back, ready to strike.

More to come...

Counterattack!

The French general asses the situation and discover a weak spot at the English line (yellow arrow) and one weak spot in his own line (black arrow) and orders the DCK to attack accordingly (blue arrows).

and they attack,

The french general realizes that's not enough to protect his left flank and makes a move,

Upon seeing this, the English cavalry disengage from that flank and proceeds to attack the rear of the French line,

Meanwhile lets take a look at the point of attack of the English infantry at the French's right flank,

Back at the French left flank the general catch momentum,

and is followed by his infantry,

At the back of the French line the English cavalry is trying to break the morale of my troops with rear attacks,

The french general can't allow this,

Reinforcements arrive to help him,

and the French general disengage to go back to relieve pressure on the French infantry,

The AI unit didn't like it,

will follow...

Now the French general takes position to support the heavy engaged infantry trying to hold the English assault at the right.

He decides this is a good time to use the new availability of formation disruption (Provided by the Dark Forces) to cause havoc at the English lines while his infantry keep attacking at the same time, so he follows the traced rout ( yellow arrow) and enable this by not charging, but just clicking at an empty area behind the enemy formation. (Check Tiberiu_R's demo at the demonstration threat for an infantry example of this)

and disrupt a little bit the defense of the red guys while the French keep attacking and gain some ground,

Caution: While doing this be sure to keep moving your unit or it will pay the consequence of been among its enemies!

The AI does the same to me!!!

This time the French general charges,

Soon the English are fighting for their lives! (Red Banners)

A look of the carnage so far...

The AI counterattack with what it has left,

but, recognizes defeat...

Results,

Stats,

I hope you Liked...

DarthMod Demonstration #9

You are about to witness one great feature of Darth Mod. Learn to be a great general by using Advanced infantry tactics .(The AI surely will) OK. In this demo I played with England with 9 Armoured Swordsmen and 1 peasent(general) vs HRE with 9 Dism Feudal Knights and 1 peasent(general). I used the default starting formation(6 swordsmen units in front, followed closely by 3 other). The AI uses the same formation. So I go on a head-on charge, and the 2 armies smash. Here is a pic for the battle line at the beggining: And NOW I will use the special tactics: I selected 3 Swordsmen and ordered them to force the left flank. I selected them and double-right clicked behind the enemy line(the direction I want them to go). The first unit: The second one: And the third one: The swordsmen are now putting pressure on the left flank. You can see here how those 3 swordsmen are advancing to the point I order them. Now look at the battle line: This forced advance is not without risks. Here swordsmen took some casualties. So be aware not to order them to advanced too deeply, or u may loose them entirely.You also leave some gaps in your battle line. Be sure to have some units in reserve to back them up. The thing is that the AI will take advantage of the vulnerabilities in your line. Also in this battle the AI performed the same thing on the left flank as I died with my swordsmen. I put those 3 Swordsmen in a separate group so you can observe them better. This group of 3 put pressure on the right flank along with the other unit of Swordsmen. So in the left flank I ended up with a 4 vs 2 situation. And guess what happend next??? The enemy flank collapsed! Look here: You can also see abowe that the AI is concentrated in on the opposite flank. And then I used the 4 units from the left flank and hit the enemy from the rear. The enemy started routing. And here: And here are the battle results: So there u have it. It's a beautiful example of using tactics that were not available in MTW vanilla. Now u can actually exploit any cracks in the enemy line. Just put some pressure with some quallity troops and you will be victorious! Be aware that the AI might use the same things against yourself! So watch out for the enemy. You can never rest in a battle in DARTH MOD! Master this tehnique and you will truelly be a great general. P.S. Thanx Darth. Nice feature. I love it

DARTH VADER

Very nice dark demonstration my Sith Follower! One notice...the tactic is used by selecting units to ATTACK a spot and not manuever behind it ....however....I show it worked for you and so this is a new optional Darth battle technique...

DarthMod Demonstration #10

This test was done with the magic 3 files. For the gunpowder units this is an improvement from the previous magic 2 files.
    In this scenerio I played with the Spanish wiht 6 musketeers 4 Spear Militia and 1 peasent(general) VS the Aztects with 4 Jaguar Warriors 4 Aztec Warriors and 1 coiote priest(general).
    I put the musketers in 3 lines on a slope so that I get more firepower, and the Spearmen in the first line.

After each musketeer fired once, the enemy lost 5 % of his troops.

You can see here the dead men from one unit of Jaguar warriors that were heading towards my troops.

You can see that gunpowder units have an effect on the morale of the enemy.I ordered on of my musketeers to fire on 1 unit of Aztec Warriors. Here you can see a pic before the shot:

And here after the musketeers' shot:

You can observ that the enemy is routing and that they have sustained some casualties.
    And here is the battle results:

Gunpowder units are strong units if they are used properly. If there are some slopes then put the musketeers on multiple lines. And remember that the longer the line of musketeers then more units will fire in the same time.Generally, gunpowder units need more micromanagment that other units on the battlefield. So use them wisely.

Battle;

VH
    Darthmod 1.4b + MF 3

Spain (AI) vs Scotland

AI order of battle,

All units with full armor upgrade

Tercio Pikemen x10
    Sword and Buckler Men x2
    General's Bodyguard x1

Scottish Order of Battle,

Infantry with armor upgrade

Highland rabble x 3
    Highland nobles x 4
    Pike Militia x 2
    Highlanders x 4
    Mailed Knights x 1
    General's Bodyguard x 1

The Spanish line,

A closer look,

My setup,

HN's in the middle (red line), Highlander rabble (black lines) + 1 unit of highlanders(yellow line) at the flanks, pike units (white lines)behind the HN's and a clear path for my cavalry to attack (orange arrow),

The Scottish formation advance,

vs this,

Battle Plan,

Highlander nobles (red) will charge the center of the Spanish line while the highland rabble units (black) will keep busy the rest of the enemy line, my pike units will engage the two adjacent enemy pikes units to my main point of attack (white dotted lines) in order to protect my flank and prevent the AI to reinforce its center. The rest of my units including cavalry will follow the the noble's attack in the center (blue lines),

Here they go,

The key here is to disrupt the enemy formation with the cavalry while the infantry is attacking it and applying pressure (be sure to keep moving your cavalry though),

My general joins in! (notice my pike units protecting the flanks of my main attack)

and is greeted,

meanwhile a look at my flanks,

Back at the center we have breach the Spanish line in two,

The Spanish generals counterattack at this point,

But is forced to withdraw and some of the Spanish units start to rout,

then I move my ganerals units behind the Sword & Buckler men at my left flank,

and charge their rear,

This is what is left of them after a while,

Back at my right flank the enemy is still strong,

and both generals meet there,

and my victorious units at the left flank move in for the kill,

after that the enemy breaks and concedes,

Now I'm curious about other players battle approach.

I'll place an open question then,

With what nationality and army units (excluding artillery, missile units and elephants! lol...) will you make a frontal attack against that pike line?

PS This is not to know who will be the next Alexander, just to have some none bug discussion around here.

Darth has asked me to share with you the differences between the Vanilla Map, and the one that has been created specifically with DarthMod.

As with all modding this many many countless hours have been spent on this

Here is a list of all new provinces not included in Vanilla MTW2:

1. Cornwall_Province - Penzance
    2. Norfolk_Province - Norwich
    3. Ulster_Province - Belfast
    4. Hampshire_Province - Southampton
    5. Warwickshire_Province - Warwick
    6. Lancashire_Province - Lancaster
    7. Aberdeenshire_Province - Aberdeen
    8. Galloway_Province - Stranraer
    9. Dyfed_Province - Stdavids
    10. Connaught_Province - Galway
    11. Munster_Province - Cork
    12. Abruzzo_Province - Taranto
    13. Calabria_Province - Reggio
    14. Messina_Province - Messina
    15. Poitou_Province - Poitiers
    16. Limousin_Province - Limoges
    17. Catalonia_Province - Barcelona
    18. Coimbra_Province - Coimbra
    19. Balearic_Province - Palma
    20. Utrecht_Province - Utrecht
    21. Gdansk_Province - Gdansk
    22. Gotland_Province - Kalmar
    23. Cyrenaica_Province - Banghazi
    24. Oran_Province - Oran
    25. Dalmatia_Province - Zara
    26. Serbia_Province - Ras
    27. Volhynia_Procince - Brest
    28. Turovpinsk_Province - Pinesk
    29. Polotsk_Province - Minsk
    30. Murom_Province - Murom
    31. Vladimir_Province - Suzdal
    32. Moesia_Province - Naissus
    33. Adrianople_Province - Adrianople
    34. Macedonia_Province - Ochrid
    35. Athens_Province - Athens
    36. Copenhagen_Province - Copenhagen
    37. Oradea_Province - Oradea
    38. Fez_Province - Fez
    39. Mecca_Province - Mecca
    40. Medina_Province - Medina
    41. Karbala_Province - Karbala
    42. Aswan_Province - Aswan
    43. Alkarak_Provinve - Alkarak
    44. Tadmur_Province - Tadmur
    45. Ankyra_Province - Ankyra

Geographic Corrections to the Vanilla Map

All Major European Waterways added from Ireland to Russia

Ouse - Yorkshire
    Shannon - Ireland
    Seine - France

and more

All Major Waterways had had their correct orientation added (as best can be fitted onto the map)
    The Nile River direction has been corrected
    Natural geographic boundaries used to form provinces
    Extra Forests have been added
    Mountains have been reduced in Wales & Scotland to allow better movement

The rest of this topic is quite image intensive, but is designed to show the difference between the Vanilla and DarthMod Map.

Britain and Ireland

Vanilla

DarthMod

Italy

Vanilla

DarthMod

The Middle East

Vanilla

DarthMod

The Near East

Vanilla

DarthMod

Russia

Vanilla

DarthMod

The Balkans

Vanilla

DarthMod

Spain & Nth Africa

Vanilla

DarthMod

European Waterways

Vanilla

DarthMod

Germania

Vanilla

DarthMod

Default Re: >>>DarthMod 1.4C: The Last Episode<<<...Preparing for the Final Assault

Uploaded...had one failed connection...now ok...I am sleepy..goodnight and enjoy.

Default Re: >>>DarthMod 1.4C: The Last Episode<<<...ATTACK!

Updated with new sophisticated installer (packs 250MB to 50MB) -Thanks Sith Tiberiu! and some art fix added in by Argent Usher....no gameplay files changed. If you want re-download it.

Tiberiu_R's Avatar Ordinarius

Icon2 >>>DarthMod 1.4C: The Last Episode<<<...ATTACK!

This is the secondary link for the Darth Mod 1.4C installer:

See Above...-Darth

Since Darth has retired i have a difficult time contacting him for updates.
    This installer has:
    -the latest art fixes from Argent Usher(new)
    -working desktop shortcut with icon(new)
    -a new aspect for the installer(new)
    -added uninstaller(there is also a link in the Add/Remove Programs)
    -added a group in start menu(launcher and uninstaller link).
    -added the automatic path finder for the installer(it automatically selects the target (M2 root folder))
    -size:50Mb

the new aspect :

The installer is tested and it's 100% working!

ENJOY DARTH MOD!!!
    Last edited by DARTH VADER; September 07, 2007 at 11:22 AM.

Darth Team Member(click my sig )
    Darth_Battle_AI for Kingdoms( GET IT NOW! )

Default Re: >>>DarthMod 1.4C: The Last Episode<<<...ATTACK!

Has been updated with second installer of Tiberiu

Default Re: >>>DarthMod 1.4D: The Last Episode<<<...Invasion ends soon!

Uploaded. Enjoy it as you can. The mod is a finished product for M2TW. I can now rest in mind and body...