Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: - Discuss IBFD Here -

Default Re: == IBFD 7.05 Discussion ==

I must congratulate for the excellent "Imperium Constantini" campaign. First time for years I felt really challenged and was about to actually loose a campaign! A pity that 7.04 was CTD'ing all the time. How do I revert to 7.03?

Keep on the good work!

Dear Ramon,
    I was away for a few days and I missed your answer. Thank you very much for that. For Graal Knights, I think you are right (trait rather). Regarding composite vs. normal bows (esp. trade-off with on one side - composite - longer range and more powerful but useless in damp conditions vs.on the other - normal bows), is there anything that can be done? For the rest, thank you for on Auxilia Cohors "I have a feeling u would be suggesting this, too - they should be more 'regional'". That's true ;-)
    Yours sincerely,
    Jean

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear Ramon,
    I was away for a few days and I missed your answer. Thank you very much for that. For Graal Knights, I think you are right (trait rather).
    also found the merc graal knights entry they are now mercenary equites veteranii.
    Regarding composite vs. normal bows (esp. trade-off with on one side - composite - longer range and more powerful but useless in damp conditions vs.on the other - normal bows), is there anything that can be done?
    unfortunately not much. However, what can be done is to modify 'ground' bonuses, thay are for scrub, sand, forest, snow, will give negastive bonus in forest and snow but higher in scrub and sand.

For the rest, thank you for on Auxilia Cohors "I have a feeling u would be suggesting this, too - they should be more 'regional'". That's true ;-)
    I'm thinking of something like the current desert auxilia or the dalmatian/illyrian auxilia, fairly well armed and armored but region specific,

I must congratulate for the excellent "Imperium Constantini" campaign. First time for years I felt really challenged and was about to actually loose a campaign! A pity that 7.04 was CTD'ing all the time. How do I revert to 7.03?
    from 7.04 it may be possible to just install 7.03 over it. but the recommended process is to re-install 7.0 (rename old ibfd folder if u want) then to 7.03.

The only thing which in my opinion was missed by creators - is the rage of barbarian nations...The game has berserk feature, but that is not exactly the same I think. Excellent charge attack is an option, but it is too short... Well it is just a suggestion, maybe it is impossible to modify such things due to the code of the game or something like that.
    yes, unfortunately berserk is too much... but you got a point.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Dear Ramon,

You mentioned there is a "snow" effect, but do you mean ground or weather conditions? Is there nothing like, per unit type, an impact of each weather condition? (e.g. for composite bows, missile value dropping to say 0 in rainy or snowy conditions?)

On the Auxilia Cohors, using up-armed/-armored desert or dalmatian/illyrian auxilia would be very interesting IMHO.

Yours again,

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear Ramon,

You mentioned there is a "snow" effect, but do you mean ground or weather conditions? Is there nothing like, per unit type, an impact of each weather condition? (e.g. for composite bows, missile value dropping to say 0 in rainy or snowy conditions?)
    none tha I know of. it is a 'ground/weather' condition.

btw, I think I found the possible cause of the CTDs in battle. the officer entries in the manubalistarii seem to be causing it. I removed the entries and went through several battles OK. seems like the engine couldn't handle officers that throw javelins
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Is that fixed in 7.05 or will it be fixed in 7.06?

Ramón, is version 7.04 IBFD regular (not IJ) crash-free, or are there bugs with that one?

And, when do you expect for 7.1 to be finalised and released?

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

When? And is there a version limit like v 10 or more?
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

i have 7.05a.
    how come it is no longer available?
    Play "Holodance"
    The ultimate dancing game now in early access on steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42..._7_7_230_150_1

Quote Originally Posted by Bearhugger View Post
    i have 7.05a.
    how come it is no longer available?
    it is, but due to the problems reported in it, it is not the recommended download.

When? And is there a version limit like v 10 or more?
    there is no version limit but I really doubt it would reach v10, sooner or later we have to move forward

Ramón, is version 7.04 IBFD regular (not IJ) crash-free, or are there bugs with that one?
    aside from the missing alemanni diplomat texture, ther are also some problems reported for that, w/c is why 7.03 is the current recommended version.

And, when do you expect for 7.1 to be finalised and released?
    I was hoping soon but am confounded by the problems

Is that fixed in 7.05 or will it be fixed in 7.06?
    it will be fixed in 7.1, however, I am discovering there are other things, some are actually bizarre... I edit a couple of lines in any file and BAM! CTD, after a while I reload the game and it's fine?!
    another thing I'm trying is introducing a known non CTD causing error, like adding a non existing unit to the rebels list (one that will not ever surface) and am now playing a v7.1 that hasn't had any crashes. :hmmm:
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Thanks, Ramon, for all your hard work!

We're all patiently (some are patient, anyway) waiting until you decide we're ready for 7.1

Ditto.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Ditto the ditto!

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

I continued my work in the Late-antique-Legions-Thread.
    The new post is probably interesting for everybody and should read by everybody. Here I gave historical informations of the roman army of 378AD, 395AD and 408/410-430AD.

It was hard work to find some of the informations. Of course I can copy complete sentences of the Osprey-books. But I tried to find historical evidences of other sources. I studied in the last days again and again the notita dignitatum to find evidences for the Simon Mc Dowalls theories.

Enjoy the result.

army in 395AD
    army in 376AD
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; October 07, 2007 at 03:58 AM.

Seleukos Megas's Avatar Foederatus

Hello Ramon!

Here some questiones:

Playing as WRE i completely destroyed ERE (re-unite the roman empire) but can't get roman traits/ancillaries of ERE (dux, domestic, magister) can it be realised?

Do you plan work with map - Ravenna without roads and bridge (very important bridge for WRE) - historically, but at list dirt roads may be present. Also i examine maps of gaul/germania period of the mod and found Argentoratum on the left side of Renus. If i wrong, please correct me.

Keep up the good work, waiting for 7.1

Hello Seleukos
    You should get the ERE traits. These traits are "switched on" also for romano british, imp constantin and WRE.
    The problem is that the "pre-conditions" have to be performed by your characters. That means that your general should be in a city, he should be a good infantry commander, the building XY should be in your hand (for example the rostra) and then one turn later you`ll get the title X.

But there are a lot of "if's". I critizised that some weeks ago and I am sure that Ramon found a solution.

@Pompeius Magnus: Phenominal work! I truely enjoy reading the material you're posting about our beloved late-empire armies. It really helps illustrate what a fascinating era this truely is. It baffles me why it's not more fully explored -- perhaps the complicated political and social structures and nuance required to understand it makes it more difficult to cover than alexander the great, julius caesar, or william the conqueror.

Then again, it could be the american school system that seems to use european history simply as a means of describing how 'we' got here. Nah!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Likewise, Pompeius. I have to agree with Beetlecat here! Great job you are doing.

Thanx a lot BeetleCat and SeniorBatavianHorse.
    The senatorial, military and social system is more complicated in the late antique as in earlier times of the empire. I am happy to hear that you guys like my reports. I will do my best to continue the work.
    As I said the next steps are according economy and the senatorial system.

Because I heard a lot of times that the senate in rome was no more important. But according that what I know the senate had, esp. in Gaul (province of the 7 tribes), sometimes more power than the mag. militum. Even in Rome. And the most important: The senate had the money.
    That was real political power.

well, I'll see, perhaps I will today write the report at home. (I am in the office now)

re: Pompeius Magnus
    I agree w/ Beetlecat and SeniorBatavianHorse, great resource.
    Here some questiones:

Playing as WRE i completely destroyed ERE (re-unite the roman empire) but can't get roman traits/ancillaries of ERE (dux, domestic, magister) can it be realised?
    as PM said, u can get them but is a bit difficult, the fix for that will be done together w/ Mylae's new traits

Do you plan work with map - Ravenna without roads and bridge (very important bridge for WRE) - historically, but at list dirt roads may be present.
    unfortunately for Ravenna we can either make them only either 'very accessible' or 'completely inaccessible'. nothing in between, considering the role of Ravenna in the period, on why Honorius chose to reside there, I go for the latter, especally since tests show that the VGoths always sack and ocupy Ravenna very early in the game if it is left accessible.
    Also i examine maps of gaul/germania period of the mod and found Argentoratum on the left side of Renus. If i wrong, please correct me.
    so true, been thinking that bringing the Alamanni across the Rhine would upset the factions balance but it seems they have easy access anyway...

ANYWAY, anybody interested in testing the latest IBFD 7.1 BETA? u can do this w/out messing up your current IBFD install
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II