stat_ground 1, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 22,normal,trained
    stat_charge_dist 160
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 4,500, 275, 70, 110, 400
    ownership empire_west, empire_west_rebels, romano_british, empire_east

Default Re: == IBFD 7.05 Discussion ==

Regarding the Romano-Britons (in 7.04, so it may have changed in 7.05), I wasn't able to recruit Grall Knights, and their stats are not as good as I would have guessed - for me, they should be top medium cavalry, meaning for me they should have the best compromise between stats and mobility, not slow heavy cavalry like clibanarii (following my post re historical flavour, this post is completely regarding "feel" and not "historicity" ;-)) and they should be recruitable in the capital city. What is your opinion ?

How can one tell that IBFD 7.05 has been successfully upgraded?
    Last edited by Scamander; September 17, 2007 at 02:21 AM.

There mod is great, script is the best, but
    Please, more province - For example, Britain - 7 province and 3 fractions -Romano-Britons, Saxons and Pict.

ps. sory for my english

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Please no more provinces in Britain. Please not. The free slots for provinces are extremly rare. Even in the Roman-Germany a lot of important cities are missing and in Gaśl, too. So we need Worms in Germany, also Parisii and Chalons in France is missing.
    @Mietek77: Do you understand what I mean?
    You can get more provinces in Britain if you delete provinces in other areas. If this is the case I have to protest!

The other thing is the new build 7.05.
    There are 2 different kinds of ctd.
    1) the Alamananni diplomat. tga file. Another user explained that before. It is a bug which can be repaired by every user. Smply rename the file.
    2) But from time to time I get another ctd. When I start a battle and sometimes when I start to play the campaign. Always when the loading-screen comes on. Than the game crushes immediately. I tried that with a lot of factions. Sometimes the WRE is loading, sometimes it is crushing. Maybe some of the loading screens are not OK?? I don't know. I tried the period art screens and also some others: always the same result.

Limit province = 199. Now it is in 146 province. Pompeius Magnus do you understand what is "For example"?
    New Big map, but Big map from Rio's IBFD not.

ps. sory for my english
    Last edited by mietek77; September 17, 2007 at 05:02 AM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Hmm,

When I load a new campaign it CTD's with no error, no matter which faction I play.

Help

I tried adding files except for the campaign and name files and it worked. When I then added those files and the desc_belief files I got CTD. I'll try and pinpoint it some more.

Cheers

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Added the alemman spelling and now it crashes straight from the loading screen (ah, old Aetius riding to his doom: Roma Victa!) without any details regarding missing files, etc. I am very green when it comes to digging into the guts of files and whatnot. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

SBH:
    I also love the screenies from your latest AAR... the ballistae in the streets of Carthage made me think about what 'could have been'...

/////

I've gotten into the main campaign with 7.05 (not with my previous save, yet). But every fifth time or so, the game will crash right after the initial loading screen (before the movie starts), and sometimes when advancing turns. I believe this is only using the sack of rome script. I'll try with none and see if that's a clue.

I've isolated my crashing. It only occurs when I load the campaign. I then tried importing the old world folder and names files and it worked, with the new naval skins and diplomat, spy, assasin skins.

The problem may be due to incorrect listing of names, which will always cause a CTD on launch of the campaign.

Hope this helps those who are having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Regarding the Romano-Britons (in 7.04, so it may have changed in 7.05), I wasn't able to recruit Grall Knights, and their stats are not as good as I would have guessed - for me, they should be top medium cavalry, meaning for me they should have the best compromise between stats and mobility, not slow heavy cavalry like clibanarii (following my post re historical flavour, this post is completely regarding "feel" and not "historicity" ;-)) and they should be recruitable in the capital city. What is your opinion ?
    You can wind up with plenty of them by simply recruiting them from the local merc pool in britain. I do wonder if they could be incorporated into the pool of Londinium's forces once its developed enough.

I have had A LOT of crashes with 7.05; so much so that I can not even start the game most of the time, and it doesn't even tell me what the error is. Can't get past the loading screen, so I've uninstalled the mod until there is a working version.

Perhaps something was tampered with that shouldn't have been? :hmmm:

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

I suppose we'll patiently wait for the 'formal' release and some form of announcement / fix. Hopefully that's why the leads have been so quiet the last couple days

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

the Alemanni diplomat misspelling is a ridiculous error on my part , makes me wonder how I was able to continue the testing with such a blatant error?

the bucellari model was mistakenly moved to the new IJ folder, - will be fixed pronto.

however, I have just reinstalled IBFD7 + 7.05 and am not experiencing any CTDs at all? :hmmm: I find this to be really strange...
    can I ask a favor from anyone who is experiencing the CTDs, can u backup your 'ibfd' folder (just rename it to 'ibfdBUP' or 'ibfd2', etc... and reinstall IBFD7 then go straight to 7.05?) it is possible that some files from 7.04 isn't compatible w/ 7.05?

I have also not experienced the graphical glitches caused by the Vandal bodyguards and the Ghilani recently... are they in any way related? anyway, I have used the old Vandal lancers and made a new Ghilani infantry model to hopefully fix this problem.

@FFJean
    sorry for late response but let's continue discussing the recruitment, etc after solving these CTDs
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; September 18, 2007 at 02:18 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

hey,

i downloaded IBFD 7 perfectly fine, but when i went to download the update IBFD 7.05 the download will always simply stop about 2/3 of the way though. i've tried it 4 times now. downloading it is suppost to take about 30 min with my internet

the only place i've seen you can download the update at is filefront. its the only website i've had trouble downloading from. Is there a certian time limit that site sets for downloading? or more likely is it a problem on my side?

is the update on any other sites?
    i've loved playing invasion barbarorvm and i can't wait to try the historical battles and see how the updated game is. the internet is killing me

Senatus PopulesQue Orbis

"Ne Conjugare Nobiscum"

Dear Ramon,

You're perfectly right about the order of priority ;-) First, 7.05 CTDs, then recruitment. I am just pouring in my thoughts as they come, just not to forget them (memory ;-)) and because I positively LOVE this mod and want to contribute as much as I can to make it even better.

@ Beetlecat: that's exactly what I was pointing at, allowing them to be recruited in Londominium... and maybe, if possible, to make them a bit more special and strong!

Yours all,

Jean

can I ask a favor from anyone who is experiencing the CTDs, can u backup your 'ibfd' folder (just rename it to 'ibfdBUP' or 'ibfd2', etc... and reinstall IBFD7 then go straight to 7.05?) it is possible that some files from 7.04 isn't compatible w/ 7.05?

Ramon,

I did what you suggested, and hte campaign loads fine. Must be an 7.04 and 7.05 are not compatible.

Cheers

Seleukos Megas's Avatar Foederatus

I complete delete the RTW-BI folder 'G:\Rome-TotalWar' and then reinstall the RTW-BI, patch 1.6 and install the mod 7.0 +7.05, correct alemanni diplomat and missed ballistarii (with strange officers in EDU )

but the game is still crashes sometimes:
    1) when i launch custom battle
    2) when i launch a campaign
    3) when i end turn

I will try reinstall windows - may be something wrong with registry settings after reinstalling RTW-BI :hmmm:and report results

Quote Originally Posted by mietek77 View Post
    Limit province = 199. Now it is in 146 province. Pompeius Magnus do you understand what is "For example"?
    New Big map, but Big map from Rio's IBFD not.

ps. sory for my english
    :hmmm:In IV age Diocese of Britain there was 5 provinces not seven or four. You shoud made Roman Empire exactly as it was.