Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: - Discuss IBFD Here -

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: == IBFD 7.04 Discussion ==

Thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    Octavius V
    Before you start a IBFD campaign you have a options folder in the main IBFD folder which contains the the sub folder titled scripts.In that folder are several script options ie 4pty and Sack of Rome, Full scripts etc.
    Full scripts while providing great historical game play do make the game unstable and lots ctds.If recommend the 4pty script for best results.
    Hope this helps.

Hey.. wow.. an option of several scripts.
    Whats the difference between all these???

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

Quote Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
    Ramon,

After having a look through the buildings it would appear that there are quite a few of the old descriptions still in the game that often just don't make sense...

EDIT: In fact I am not sure any of my corrected text is in.

just controlled, the files i sent time ago to ramon were an "old" version, and i've not updated them with your desc - i feel ashamed. sorry, man. next build will have them
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Great so far with the new campaign. Out of curiosity though, will the next version (7.1) be savegame compatible? Thanks and once again, great job on this version.

Unit Cards Missing! There are some unit card missing one is not there in an historical battle of the Alemenni and another in an Archer unit for Armenia! Could You fix this please? Other than that it's a great mod.

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Mylae, I found a building description that I missed. I will post it in this thread tomorrow with all the other new descriptions so we have them all in one place.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

Great work!

What does the "Shadowing-Spawning" option do?

Oh, and if, let us say your "Dux Raetia" dies, does this trait come back available?

Quote Originally Posted by AMBASZ View Post
    Great work!

Oh, and if, let us say your "Dux Raetia" dies, does this trait come back available?
    I was curious as well about that script option as well.
    And the same question as AmbasZ re offices I found that once a holder dies natural or otherwise his title of office is lost as well?

The balance in buiding
    I noted that with 4seasons script the time meneeded to buil is not balanced. It is too fast to have new buildings teh only real limit is money.
    Perhaps the mod need export descr buildings and units files for 4tfy script .
    Gratz for new version

I've used to play IBDF6 , before I gave MTW2 a try...but I still think the late roman age is more chalanging, & your mod one , if not the greatest

I instaled this latest version & I was pleased to see a lot of improovements since IBDF6 ( I played now the lost cause of the western romans, as I usually like to ) :
    the goods:
    the vandals now have a fleet & their making the best of it - wich is more historically acurate since they did manage to take Carthage ,
    the building remakes & the history additions to each city are excelent ,
    the remaging of the campaign map allemani armies is a cherry on the cake ...& I think that is just scraching the surface

there are some things that have not improvent - like AI stupiditty by just being passive - for example I took out the vandals heavy infantry (those terrible goons with a big sword - sorry ..it will take some time 4 me to remember all the names) - I tooke them out with my archers whille them & the rest of theire army stood idle ...& then I went on & buchered their light infantry with my cavalery & they just retreated with their heavy cavalery after waching passivelly as I did all this bloodbath

it's not something new , but I think there is a must to fix this AI passivity that has been a drag since vanilla - don't get me wrong ,all the work on the AI has cleaned & solved a lot of isuse - but the fact that this still remains unsolved , just spoils everything else

& I have a question ...I know the late germans were keen imitators of the roman pilums , but how did thesse units get the 16 missile attack ...what is their projectile that it's SO damn effective that it makes a mokery of the 8 missile attack of the legionaries

I would like to ended by congratulating you & your team for a job well done ,Ramon ,great work

PS sorry for the sise of my post & any spelling mistakes I might of overlooked
    Last edited by Jimmy Kay; September 04, 2007 at 04:14 AM.

Megalesios's Avatar Foederatus

Congratulations!!! I will download and play it as soon as I can!

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

thanks for the thumbs up guys

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Kay View Post
    I've used to play IBDF6 , before I gave MTW2 a try...but I still think the late roman age is more chalanging, & your mod one , if not the greatest
    thanx for the kind words

I instaled this latest version & I was pleased to see a lot of improovements since IBDF6 ( I played now the lost cause of the western romans, as I usually like to ..& I think that is just scraching the surface
    and theres still more to come

there are some things that have not improvent - like AI stupiditty by just being passive -...but the fact that this still remains unsolved , just spoils everything else
    unfortuately, afaik, this is an engine problem and would take a hack of the program (w/c is illegal) to even think of fixing this, or CA suddenly deciding to do it

& I have a question ...I know the late germans were keen imitators of the roman pilums , but how did thesse units get the 16 missile attack ...what is their projectile that it's SO damn effective that it makes a mokery of the 8 missile attack of the legionaries
    the alamanni use a franciscka-like throwing axe.

I would like to ended by congratulating you & your team for a job well done ,Ramon ,great work

PS sorry for the sise of my post & any spelling mistakes I might of overlooked
    thanx and cheers

The balance in buiding
    I noted that with 4seasons script the time meneeded to buil is not balanced. It is too fast to have new buildings teh only real limit is money.
    Perhaps the mod need export descr buildings and units files for 4tfy script .
    Gratz for new version
    :hmmm: true, I though I had done that one... must have been lost somewhere

rebels from WRE go to WRR and vice versa, also ostrogoths are spawned instead of being playable from the start (made this default in 7.04)

yes, it would. we will be making it easier to come back but probably for 7.1.

Unit Cards Missing! There are some unit card missing one is not there in an historical battle of the Alemenni and another in an Archer unit for Armenia! Could You fix this please? Other than that it's a great mod.
    thanx for the info, will try to fix it ASAP

will the next version (7.1) be savegame compatible?
    no, it will not be... however, with the minor corrections coming in and the fact I got the new stratmap ships, spies, diplomats working, expect a 7.05 (savegame compatible) soon.
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; September 04, 2007 at 11:26 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

The defend the limes script is causing ctd again; propably when limitanei general get killed; otherwise the mod is tip top; Thanks Ramon.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Hey Ramon,
    hello Mylae
    I think it is not neccesary to say again and again that the new version is great.

I played more the IJ. So the things I found according the mod are more for IJ. Thats the reason why I will write a little trouble shooting post in the IJ Thread.
    But I found some items also in 7.04 (minors, of course)

1) the legion in Iol Caesarea has no name. Only Legio I.
    2) Pedites Bucelarii should be roman veterans or something like that. We discussed that before.

By the way: The new manubalistarii model looks great

Best regards

EDIT
    - In the custom battle there are Black farmer symbols for the sassanid unit: Ayrudzi Netadzik
    - I told that in the IJ Thread before. The unit describtion for Aux Palatinae and Legio Palatinae should be revised. In the timeframe of IJ (+/-355) the name "palast guard" is a difficult question. But in the time frame of +/- 410 the unit describtion should be more clearly about the real job of this unit. I mean this unit fought at the frontier an in the Emp. central field army.
    - Legio Vexillatio and Auxilia Cohors : as part of the old legionary system... But the unit describtion should be better. More clearly. Does is make sense to recruit this unit. Is it historical to recruit new Legio Vexillationes?
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; September 06, 2007 at 09:41 AM.

great new buildings in this mod..very impressive

have found some minor bugs for roman empire (don't know whether some are intentional) :

- the basilica santi petri is without building pic
    - can't recruit lanciarii in west roman empire anywhere, but can recruit it in eastern empire, intentional ?
    - unit description for plumbatarii is missing
    - merc bucellarii still recruitable, should this be removed or replaced by manuballistarii ?
    - UI card history of Palmyra missing + there is a barbarian shrine to Frigg...
    - In Arelate there is a building (Molae Arelatensis) with missing UI and description
    - almost all cities of Constantini have eastern royal roads (except Arelate and Narbo)

question, when will the old 6.0 version units (especially roman ones) be replaced ? like comitatenses, limitanii, western archers, equites, foederati cav etc... really don't mix with the rest of those 7 version units, they are just way better
    Last edited by Janus2; September 06, 2007 at 12:18 PM.

Default Script Descriptions?

Are there descriptions of all of the different script options posted somewhere?

I've tried to find what exactly "sack of rome", etc. does, but so far no luck.

I assume "Saxon Reenforcements" ... reenforces the Saxons...

Also, does this 4tpy script have one winter & three summer seasons?

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Janus2 View Post
    great new buildings in this mod..very impressive

have found some minor bugs for roman empire (don't know whether some are intentional) :

- the basilica santi petri is without building pic
    :hmmm: I thought I fixed that already, thanx for the report
    - can't recruit lanciarii in west roman empire anywhere, but can recruit it in eastern empire, intentional ?
    lanciarii are recruitable by WRE in the east, if they get that far...
    - unit description for plumbatarii is missing
    - merc bucellarii still recruitable, should this be removed or replaced by manuballistarii ?
    now this should be removed
    - UI card history of Palmyra missing + there is a barbarian shrine to Frigg...
    u see during the revolt of Palmyra, the foederati GErmans build a shrine there... .... joking... will fix that, too.
    - In Arelate there is a building (Molae Arelatensis) with missing UI and description
    - almost all cities of Constantini have eastern royal roads (except Arelate and Narbo)
    thanks for these reports, some of these things I thought I fixed already but apparently not

question, when will the old 6.0 version units (especially roman ones) be replaced ? like comitatenses, limitanii, western archers, equites, foederati cav etc... really don't mix with the rest of those 7 version units, they are just way better
    that'll have to wait for the next MAJOR version, I will be releasing a 7.05 soon w/c would still be just another 'quickfix' fixing small things like the missing ui cards u'r reporting

Are there descriptions of all of the different script options posted somewhere?
    I've tried to find what exactly "sack of rome", etc. does, but so far no luck.

I assume "Saxon Reenforcements" ... reenforces the Saxons...
    there should be in the player's guide, and yes saxon reinforcements spawns saxon armies in Brittania

Also, does this 4tpy script have one winter & three summer seasons?
    yes, it does, there is no other way, spring and autumn are simply unavailable in ui
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Thanks for your responses Ramon.

I noticed that there was an Eastern Royal Road in the city north east of Londinium when starting my lastest RB game.

Kinda odd!

just checked the other factions :

- unit netadzik (armenia) has peasant UI and UI_info (description says they are archers)
    - there is a hun ballista range in Al-Hirah (lakhmid arabs)
    - buddhist monastery still has eastern temple UI, but probably still under construction i guess (hephtalites)
    - vandals also have eastern buildings problem (with constantine rebels). Persisent little bugger...

that's all I found

and those new berber units are great !

Default Alan Cav.

I'm still stuck on playing the RB, it's such a great puzzle.

I've noticed that as recently (7.04, maybe even 7.03) the Alan merc Cav. behaves a little differently. They shoot then attack with their lances!! I didn't even see they had them before. how cool. They circle nicely if that mode is enabled, but I do like the versitility of them now.

A single squad of these was almost able to defeat a 7 unit rebel army! If only they had a few more rounds of arrows!

Kudos!