Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

ATN's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Should there be any scripted events, as I havent' encountered any yet and I also keep gettin CTD's every now and then.

Last edited by devastating-d; May 23, 2010 at 04:12 AM.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

When I launch the game, I get this error:
    "Generic Error: Could not read file 'data\descr_strategy_lightning.txt'"
    I don't even see why there would be lightning in the game.... Lol

not sure if this is a bug, but its certainy a problem, whenever i end turn it takes about five minutes! to get back round to me, even with no ai moves shown. it never used to do it, but one day it started and now it wont stop ive tried starting new campaigns and re instaling the mod but to no avail.... can anyone please help? its very frustrating and ts stopped me playing my favourite game...

anyone?....or is this forum dead at last?

oops

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

It could perhaps be a problem with your computer. How old is it? Can you play other RTW mods fine without turns taking that long?
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

hi, thanks for the reply well, my pc is ok, even though it is old it plays medieval 2 with no problems and turns of about 30 seconds, i also play third age mod on medieval kingdoms and thats fine. however i havnt played any other mods on RTW...but i was playing this for at least six months before the problem started, and i cant seem to remember anything new that might have triggered it... any ideas? any help is appreciated

Defrag you HD might help.

ahh good idea thanks, ill try that

well i tried defragmenting today but to no avail, its still very slow.... i also tried playing vanilla RTWBI works fine, but when i re installed ATW it went slow again even the menu is slow it takes about 40 secs from when i press single player to come up the next part of the menu im guessing this is just unfixable!? but again any ideas or help is appreciated....

ps. campaign map and battles still run smoothly, only turns and menu are slow
    Last edited by Dyfed warrior; July 16, 2010 at 08:37 AM.

any help?......please

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Really the only other thing i can suggest would be a reformat and reinstall of windows on your computer.

Sorry but i have no idea why it isn't working for you
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

ah kk dnt worry about it man, i thought it might come to that, i even tried the -nm command but even that didnt work:s,any way i dnt think ill bother anymore i'l just wait untill i get a laptop or summin thnks for all the help tho really appreiate it, cheers

Mieko's Avatar Laetus

Hey there! Can't run ATW *sigh*
    I installed it to desktop because installing any of the addons and mods directly to my Rome TW folder didn't work at all, the last days. From the desktop I put it with the app and the icon to Rome TW folder and changed the run application file text as said, to C:\Programm Files (x86)\The Cre... and so on. Now the ATW folder looks pretty filled and well, but when I start it via the shortcut, Rome TW starts, and in the start game menu "imperial campaign" and "provincial campaign" are available. When I try to start the imperial campaign and click the option, a window appears which tells me "Bitte einen Eintrag in der Liste wählen" (engl. "please chose an option from the list"). This problem I had with some of the other addons yet, a window opening and preventing access to imperial campaign. So I thought: "maybe only the provincial campaign is considered to be opened?", and did that. I get the standard Rome TW start menu, this time Julii, Brutii and Scipii choseable, along with...The Greek Cities? humm. In the readme I read something like "trigger ATW via click on a city and "show me" when the advisor appears. Tried that too, but nothing happened - couldn't even click the "show me" option. Stupid advisor.
    I have installed BI v1.6, and in the BI folder there are no addons.

Please help me, because I've no idea how to fix that strange problem. What is the problem? Don't get it.

Thanks,
    Mieko

Hi there, I hope somebody can answer this:
    I have made an own version of this mod, but when I get to the year 513 (turn number 131) the game crashes. I nhave no clue of whats ging on, i have edited atw_campaign.txt and descr_events.txt and I can´t find anything that would let me fix it, any ideas?

Recently downloaded this and was playing fine but I ran into a ctd that has me perplexed.

I'm using XP btw and on the winter turn end of 489 I have an error pop up from windows and the game freezes typically as Dal Riada's turn starts.

I thought maybe an event or something and I couldn't find out whats up. I forget what exactly the pop up said, my gaming comp has not internet as of now, so I at the library post this. It was a windows error if that helps. I'm going to check and see if it has the -show_err -nm on the shortcut path. I dont think this is the problem because I seen the intro movie fine and only have this problem 30+ turns in... Any help is appreciated.
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

At least your "error" says something, doesn´t it?. Mine I tell you just crash to desktop with no info what so ever. I have been playing with Dal Riada but when Mumainha turns comes it just dies. Maybe if I edit the save files to go forward 1 or 2 years will skip that event?. Tell me the message and I might be able to help you.
    Chris7ian are you living in Sweden? I live in Finland though I am not Finnish!

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Don't know if that has been mentioned anywhere already, but the symbol for celtic christianity is broken in my installation:

Every time I start the game it looks different, but a proper symbol is never to be seen. Is this a known issue or was my download corrupted somehow?

Besides that little quirk this is a great mod with a great atmosphere, I'm looking forward to it's successor.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Here's an interesting bug. When I play the Picts, Connaght or any other faction that is predominantly Pagan, I have the problem that when I save a game, a settlement with a majority of Pagans is for some reason 100% Roman Christian whenever I load the game. This only happens to settlements that aren't the capital though, and I usually have to destroy the Pagan shrines so there won't be a rebellion. I also have the problem of the game crashing when I end my turn, except it seems to be at summer 491.