Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Quote Originally Posted by BURNY26 View Post
    hi ,first love your mod, and the music pack ! now im pretty sure there wont be a response to my bug report but here it comes.
    Ha! I'm responding.

Whenever i choose quickbattle, my army spawns in the sea ,immediatley wiped out, just as the enemy .:p its fun to see and i only started quick battle,because i wanted to test if my music pack was installed,so it doesnt matter ,but here it is.
    I'm not sure if quick battle ever worked - I'll have to check the non-mod-folder version and see. Probably won't be all to get to this until the weekend.

well it works sometimes, about 1/5

Quick-battles typically don't work in mods that use a new campaign map, the co-ordinates no longer refer to the same thing so what corresponded to a good location in vanilla is in the sea or whatever. I don't ATW ever fixed/used them as they are a very little-used feature of RTW.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Hello there, could you give any help? I have no shortcut for arthurian in my rome total war files. Only a icon who does not work. Any help in how to get one?

Thanks

No longer needed. I downloaded again and it works fine know.

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

I get "Generic Error: Unable to find 'fs_2h_swordman'

I click ok and the game quits.

Any help would be appreciated. I want the mod for playing custom battles online.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Fixed.

Default Want to play custom battles

Myself and a fellow forum member tried play Arthurian online and found we were not compatible.
    So we deleted the map.rwm file for the game and we managed to play one game on Hamachi.

We then used the map.rwm file from FOE and we kept getting the game shutting down.

How can we play custom battles online without going into the game to delete the rwm file?

Lele14's Avatar Foederatus

Hi! First, this mod is great! I'm really enjoyng it!
    Second, I've spent two days on choosing which germanic faction should i play with and eventually i decided for the jutes...the campaign was going quite well but at summer 491 i had a CTD at the end of the turn (usually when it's the turn of Connaght or sometimes Dal Riada), I tried 6-7 times but it doesn't work...

Laetus
    In my head, though my body resides near Seattle

Just installed Raven Feeders on fresh BI 1.6 install, with Windows 7 (64 bit). The opening credit sequence is teh regular BI animations, the ATW animation (the pool of water with the title) only comes up after after choosing a faction and clicking to start campaign.

On the campaign map, the Ui Neill and Mumainha own provinces in Britain, and the Ui Neill faction leader and most of the starting units are in one of those provinces. Camp Map unit cards for Pictish boats look like peasants. Some things seem to be thoroughly mixed up, other things seem right, there doesn't seem to be any reason for what's wrong and what's fine (at least every time I start a campaign, it starts off the same, so whatever is wrong is consistent). I haven't played enough to see if there are a lot more bizarre mistakes, but I'm sure there are more.

This wasn't a problem on my old computer, which ran XP. Anyone else having these problems? Does it have anything to do with my OS (though I can't see why)?
    Last edited by Sulla Felix; February 21, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Sulla Felix, most of the infamous peasant unit info cards have been fixed in my unofficial patch. I'm working on another version to bring some more improvements aswell as fixing Ui Neill and Mumainha owning provinces in Britain. So no it is nothing to do with your OS

Give me a couple of weeks and i hope to have another patch out.
    Last edited by Delysid; February 27, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Caledonian Campaign submod for RS2.5 CLICK HERE!

The starting positions are intentional ( ie "the Ui Neill and Mumainha own provinces in Britain, and the Ui Neill faction leader and most of the starting units are in one of those provinces" as mentioned by Sulla Felix.) and should not be changed.

If you read the notes to the release this is intended to show the continual invasions and raids that the Irish factions made to Northern England and Scotland, and also to involve them more in the main part of the game.

Many people reported that the Irish factions never invaded ( apart from the Isle of Man and, originally, the Mumainha army that always landed in Dyfed and stayed there.) so this was intended to help that too.

Involving the Irish factions in the main campaign immediately, means that Ireland doesn't develop so quickly and, to me, adds to the overall flavour. Previously, Ireland was a 3-way battle ( that O'Neill usually won !) and if that was fast enough, the victor just invaded the mainland and grabbed the extra provinces they needed.

Now that is less likely.

The original development plan for ATW post Raven Feeders actually intended to add another Irish faction ( Leinster - their units are already in the game ), which would have been great. Sadly, that is unlikely to happen now

Changing this starting setup is anathema to the release and will probably upset the balance that Swabian and the ATW team put in to it.

If you don't want to have the start map as it is, then revert to playing the Raven Feeders rather than ATW 0.73, since this latest release is a significantly different game to the Raven Feeders release ( both in starting position and recruitment philosophy ).

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

Ah yep checked the detailed faction descriptions and your right about Ui Neill having provinces in Britain. I thought something messed up with the mod foldered version giving them provinces in Britian. My knowledge of these times is still rather poor forgive me

I certainly don't want to change the game away from how the origional ATW team left it. My goal is to fix the few remaining bugs

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Delysid, the Irish provinces at the British coasts are intentional.

If you want to create a submod, show me your concept via PM and we may see. We are of course very thankful for any help regarding obvious bugs, like missing texts or missing UI cards. I will update stuie's 073a version soon (as it seems to miss some important features from 072, such as the new map colours) and i will include any bugfixes made by fans that i find and i will give credit to the respective posters.

However i will not tolerate further arbitrary changes due to some nitpickery. If i see any 'sub mods' that i don't like, i will remove them without further comments. I didn't spend dozens of hours with figuring this stuff out and testing it over and over again just to have everything edited without being asked.

regards
    Last edited by swabian; February 28, 2010 at 04:50 AM.

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

swabian, my intention was not to make any gameplay changes to the mod, only to fix errors/bugs. I was under the wrong impression that the Irish owning provinces in Britain was some sort of bug that occured during the conversion to modfoldering. Nicodemus pointed this out to me and now I understand my mistakes, sorry.

Good to hear you will work on getting the new map colours in, I've just about given up trying to get them working with the mod foldered version
    Last edited by Delysid; February 28, 2010 at 05:05 AM.

As i said, bug fixes are most welcome.

As for the Gaelic barracks: I've corrected them already some months ago. Nevertheless there have been unnecessary 'bug fixes' by others which were partially quite radical. Please understand that stuff like this pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuie View Post

EDIT: A small but important fix.

The files above may contain erroneous data regarding the Gaelic recruitment structure.

In order to be absolutely sure everything works as intended, just download and install this attachment into Activision\Rome - Total War\arthur (it's freshly checked and uploaded):

Swabian
    (follow the link in order to download the attachment)
    Last edited by swabian; February 28, 2010 at 05:07 AM.

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

It's completely understandable people such as myself and others coming in and editing your mod would annoy you. However none of us knew that the Gaelic recruitment issue was already solved, it was hidden on the bottom on page 2 of a thread.. There were no mentions of it on the main release/install stickies which resulted in most of us to miss this and proceed to fix the issue ourselves.

I do feel you were unnecessarily harsh on Nicodemus, after all he was just trying to help, not setting out to destroy or heavily alter your mod.

I do feel you were unnecessarily harsh on Nicodemus, after all he was just trying to help, not setting out to destroy or heavily alter your mod.

Meh, you're right.

Sorry @ Nic - please read my PM answer.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I just reinstalled Arthurian TW, I was playing it before and it was fine, but now it always has an error when I start it up:
    "Generic Error: Could not read file 'data\descr_strategy_lightning.txt'"
    I probably had this error before, fixed it, and forgot about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post

If you don't want to have the start map as it is, then revert to playing the Raven Feeders rather than ATW 0.73, since this latest release is a significantly different game to the Raven Feeders release ( both in starting position and recruitment philosophy ).
    Could you maybe explain the differences? Especially the recruitment philosophy thing?
    Thank you!