Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Default Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

i know this might sound stupid but how exactly do i fix the protection error?

Yes, i have read the instructions but don't understand what you mean by the command line.

again i apologize for my ignorance.
    "If I have done any noble action, that is a sufficient memorial; if I have done nothing noble, all the statues in the world will not preserve my memory."
    - Agesilaus II of Sparta

"Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy."
    - Isaac Newton

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Just check first page, it is detailed

I have a novel error for you, while playing as Rheged on m/m I am (trying) to be at war with Ebrauc. Every turn I attack one of their armies (and the battle works fine) or siege a settlement and start building rams, ladders... and when I end the turn the computer automatically declares peace between us! All sieges ended etc etc... This happens every turn when I am at war with them, even when there are no sieges.

I did manage to take one settlement by reloading a savegame but when I repeated this it didn't work. Please can you help as this is extremely frustrating.

How many turns did this happen? I think you probably have an ally in common, when you declare war this ally became neutral with Ebrauc, and he ask for alliance every turn so you get this cease fire...

This happened more than 10 times, there is no ally in common because I do not get offers for alliances during the turn sequence. All I got was the diplomacy scroll saying I had made peace.

Whatever it was it seems to have gone now, I restarted the game and played as another faction for a while, then reloaded the rheged game and infiltrated a spy into the settlement I was attacking and then ended the turn, this time and since then the problem has reoccurred only once.

That has happened to me very occasionally, but since it has also happened to me in vanilla BI I always assumed it was a problem with the game...

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

I've been playing the historical battles. Very good indeed!

I cannot seem to play the Battle of Chester. The game just goes back to the menu when I try to launch it.

Also the last battle of the list appears to duplicate a battle that occurs earlier in the list. Is it something that was inadvertantly removed?

Also some battles seem to be playable only by one side.

Apart from that there is an excellent selection - much better than most mods. Well done!

There are issues with some of the battles deriving from some simple last-minute changes to nomenclature in the EDU (IIRC) It should be fixed in the next update, if that ends up taking too long we might post a way to fix them, it's not too hard.

Also the last battle of the list appears to duplicate a battle that occurs earlier in the list. Is it something that was inadvertantly removed?
    Probably, can you tell me which one?

Also some battles seem to be playable only by one side.
    Partially intentional, partially a bug (possibly unique to Barbarian Invasion) that makes it difficult sometimes to specify which factions are playable - I had to solve it most of the time by physically re-ordering the data in the battle file, anything else is ignored sometimes and the game just makes the faction which appears first in the code the playable faction, or something.

Apart from that there is an excellent selection - much better than most mods. Well done!
    Glad you like them! We actually plan more, particularly something impressive for the great battles of Arthur: Mons Badonicus and Camlann, that's why we held off on doing them so far. They're actually a fairly even mix of work by Agraes, Swabian and myself, so there's probably noticable differences in the way they are designed/balanced etc., hopefully they aren't too jarring. We do try and pay more attention to them than many mods, mainly because we can simulate them more accurately (there actually were only hundreds of soldiers in most of them, none of this 1 unit = 1000 men stuff) and also because it allows us to inject some history and feature important events and people who we can't put in the main campaign.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    Probably, can you tell me which one?

Antagonist
    It's Winwaed. It seems almost identical to the previous battle of the same name in the series, but there is no description, and the date is AD 500. (the default date?)

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    Glad you like them! We actually plan more, particularly something impressive for the great battles of Arthur: Mons Badonicus and Camlann, that's why we held off on doing them so far. They're actually a fairly even mix of work by Agraes, Swabian and myself, so there's probably noticable differences in the way they are designed/balanced etc., hopefully they aren't too jarring. We do try and pay more attention to them than many mods, mainly because we can simulate them more accurately (there actually were only hundreds of soldiers in most of them, none of this 1 unit = 1000 men stuff) and also because it allows us to inject some history and feature important events and people who we can't put in the main campaign.

Antagonist

I'm glad to hear you plan more, especially the battles of Arthur. I only play RTW for historical and custom battles. I didn't notice any jarring differences in design at all, but some are definitely tougher than others!

You have succeeded in bringing some important historical events to the mod. You're absolutely right that Dark Age army numbers were very small compared to earlier times, so much so that I sometimes find it hard to square them with numbers given for the battles of antiquity, even supposing a population decline.

Keep up the good work. I used to design historical battles for MTW, so I know how finicky they can be, but I never got round to doing them for RTW. Is it hard? Do you know if there's a guide somewhere? Thanks for the reply, Antagonist.

Playing as Gododdin, Winter 508. I get a ctd after hitting the end turn button when it's Alclyd's turn. I've tried it with and without launching the script.

Not really a bug report..

I think the Celtic Christian Trait is missing some setup...I tried to mod the traits so that new family members and agents would gain the Celtic Christian trait etc ( I succesfully this for Easterns, ie Dal Raida in the previous version ), but here it just causes a CTD and a permanent one at that ( you have to re-install the directory ).

Instead, I have adapted Zoroastrian to be Celtic ( As I think you will do in 0.8 ). Works a treat.

After adding a few traits so that agents and spies pick up the correct religion plus the new family members and adoptees you can see it reflected in the internal 'conflict' in a settlement. An interesting addition to manage.

As you mention, one really needs to change some more Zoroastrian traits and ancillaries for the real deal, but its a start.

Great mod, practically the only one I play regularly.

@Cornelius: This is so similar to a previous CTD, that it is probably related ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=63122&page=2 ).
    Year 508 is about turn 53, which relates to event st_conn_ua_conglann.Is it possible that you have a download with a mis-matched events file, without the correction ?
    And if it is the case, the solution is straightforward, but you cannot play your existing game
    Last edited by Nicodemus; November 03, 2007 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Extra

Heya!
    I just installed this mod, but whenever I try to start a campaign, i select any faction and when i click "start campaign" i get sent back to the previous menu (the main campaign/hist. battle/etc one)

anyone known with this prob?

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

did you install .6 before the raven feeders?

Equestrian Buildings...

I think I saw a mention of this before,but equestrian buildings seem to be an issue - building them that is.

The issue is in the EDI file.

The lowest level ( stables ) should have settlement_min large_town rather than settlement_min large_city.

Unless its intentional...force waiting for larger settlements before cavalry turns up ?
    Last edited by Nicodemus; November 11, 2007 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    did you install .6 before the raven feeders?
    i did, but anyway a total RTW install helped! great mod by the way! especially in combination with the music pack...
    it's only a bit difficult with some factions where army upkeep costs kill your empire after round one [eg. Defyn (sp?) general bodguards costing 1700 each! which makes them quite unplayable since the AI manages to keep spawning troops into your empire...]
    but maybe not all factions are meant to be played...

@ Nicodemus

If that's the case then it seems to have to do with the coming of Cerdic possibly? This is the code I have for the event from this file:

bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion/descr_events

;change this to: date 27 summer
    event historic cerdic_and_cynric
    date 27 summer

Is this the right code? It's what I have. I also had a ctd the other day as the Ui Neil, but Cerdic had just come, whereas with Gododdin, he had yet to come. If someone has a solution, sweet, I'd like to play past 508.

Sorry for the double post, but I think my problem does have to do with the coming of Cerdic, but if the Saxons are destroyed, then the CTD doesn't happen. I'm now on a campaign as Dyfed and the Saxons were destroyed and now it's 509. Does anybody know what may be wrong?

Deleting the corresponding event entry may do the trick.

great mod, i found it just after re-reading the warlord chronicles by bernard cornwell so good timing.

i have found that when i play battles, the game runs to fast, so when the fighting gets up close it is difficult to actually do anything. I estimate that it runs around x2 speed compared to the normal game.