Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Default Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Quote Originally Posted by Aliksander View Post
    I think you have it wrong my friend. Notice that the Monastery needs a Christian church, while the CELTIC Christian church needs a CELTIC HERMITAGE. Remember that Christianity (Roman Catholic) is a different religion from Celtic Christianity, and so they have different buildings
    ahhhhh yes, Thanks for that correction.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

also don't know if this is a bug, but gaelic factions including ynis manaw can't build any stables until they've got a metropolis. They can build gaelic light cavalry in barracks, though.

hello
    first thank you for the mod
    i have a problem playing the picts i first have put every city to the celtic
    christian religion and every family member pagan make harikiri
    so i am waiting a long time for new family member with celtic religion but
    never ever is coming every new offered by family member is pagan
    and the new ones man of the hour are neutros and no take religion. BUG?

nom

I have an odd bug! firstly there was no problems with 0.62b but when the 0.7 went on, it keeps telling me every time i start a new campaign or when i load a campaign that i am missing a resource_weapon.cas but when i go to the file where it is suposed to be i find the resource_weapon.cas that it says i don't have? other than that it's a great mod the best I've played yet for BI please tell me how to fix this problem!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Some units will appear in the dragon shaped maps in the Dyfneint campaign (faction leader included).

Some characters can be intended to appear there, but should be killed off as soon as the script is activated. Other units shouldn't though.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

About Celtic Christianity, we lacked a dedicated coder skilled in traits to do all the traits, VnVs and triggers for the new religion, so no character will appear with it. This won't change untill 0.8 probably, we plan to adapt zoroastranism to CC to have the basic traits ready.

Sometimes, when i play as the engle, i can't select the scripted reinforcements arriving at the coast. I can see the armies, but when I hold the mouse over them nothing happens... They stay there even when more reinforcements arrive..!

Next time it happens, i'll take a screenshot and tell you the circumstances.
    Gesaga him éac wordum, ţćt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

Well, I actually solved the problem...

I frequently have the problem, but the solution is to send another army to stand next to the static reinforcement, then it is activated!
    Gesaga him éac wordum, ţćt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Cool. Could it be the case, that your spawned hosts are led by a guy called Ida? What has been the date at the spawning event?

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk viking View Post
    Well, I actually solved the problem...

I frequently have the problem, but the solution is to send another army to stand next to the static reinforcement, then it is activated!
    Another solution would be to select the army in your armies list (rightclick on the armies tab).

Playing at the Jutes yesterday, when I get reinforcements at the Canterbury fishing village or when I leave a fleet or force at that location between turns I cannot see/control those forces unless I move another unit to the area to 'see' them.

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

probably nothing much but upon exiting ATW i got this error

Generic Error:

DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id angonas requested.

any ideas?

I have also found that plying as the Jutes unit cards on the campaign map start just left of where they should be. Ill make a screenie if anyones interested... Oooh and the celtic hermitage uses the same tile (on the building screen/the bar that says what is within the settlement) as the first level of market. Is this intended/temporary?

Also how are campaigns meant to work in this game without cheating? to get settlements profitable enough for building or recruiting armies i find i have to disband all units i have
    How are factions meant to get stacks and wage wars if the only units they can afford are those given to them at the beginning of the game?
    To be more precise every settlement i own in every campaign i try starts in the negative thousands, and my faction's money just flies downhill from the word go unless i disband all units i can.
    luctor et emergo ~ i struggle and i emerge
    Roma Surrectum!

DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id angonas requested.
    ignore that. it doesn't matter (some of the historical battles are currently broken)

I have also found that plying as the Jutes unit cards on the campaign map start just left of where they should be
    unit cards on the map? you mean the on the interface?

Is this intended/temporary?
    temporary.

How are factions meant to get stacks and wage wars if the only units they can afford are those given to them at the beginning of the game?
    Try to conquer something (read the playing instructions also).

no i know but the only way ive ever had a successful campaign is by add_money 40000 and then constructing as higher farming and trading items as i can by construct_cq etc

There really should be more freedom with how you do go about your campaign imo. the Picts shouldnt have to subdue the northern and southern picts before going elsewhere and so on and so forth
    Suppose this sint a bug though. just a moan. well all of the above is just my opinion still love the mod just wish there was more freedom.
    Roma Surrectum!

You are by no means "forced" to invade the independant pictish provinces. You can directly attack Dal Riada, Gododdin and Alcluid or create colonies by naval invasions. The difficulty standard in ATW is intentional and most egoisticly introduced by the developers, because this is they way we liked it (and it's far from impossible once you managed the struggle at the start).

hmm yer ok. I really do enjoy the high level of difficulty, and the immenseness of the battles
    Just not too fond of the initial struggle - which seems highly hippocritical considering my signature

Cheers. ill keep struggling away here.
    Roma Surrectum!

Quick note: the upgrades to the cesspit give no added benefit, you spend money for nada Why?

Also upgrading to a large town (second tier government building) gives a population growth DETRACTION from the first tier gov building, Why?

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

There are a number of... arcane systems in place to control population growth in ATW, as it is hugely important to the kind of campaign gameplay ATW wants, and some of them probably look like bugs, but others probably are.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Quote Originally Posted by Aliksander View Post
    Quick note: the upgrades to the cesspit give no added benefit, you spend money for nada Why?

Also upgrading to a large town (second tier government building) gives a population growth DETRACTION from the first tier gov building, Why?

Cesspit seems bugged.

Population growth is toned down the more a settlement grows. This will even be more extreme in the next patch in order to avoid areas beeing bled out (either by script or building properties, so the only difference would be that you do not notice the bonuses). It's not the purpose of core building upgrades to increase population growth.

Thanx for reporting!