Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Vista Home Basic. Yep, there's your problem: Vista sucks.

But seriously, it should not be doing that. Either the install was corrupt somehow (which would be bizarre) or your system is FUBAR. Have you checked for viruses and malware?

Could it be that i am running kingdoms 1.04?

I've trying installing kingdoms 1.05 but i get another error message that says "Can not launch patch process." and quits the patch install.

As for viruses and such, I've never had any problem with this pc that suggests I have any, and I take the proper precautions to avoid getting them.
    Last edited by sideswipe; October 12, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

manofarms89's Avatar Senator
    La Puente, California, United States of America

really good for beginner modders

So does anyone have a solution to my problem? Or should I just leave this mod for dead?

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    So does anyone have a solution to my problem? Or should I just leave this mod for dead?
    The mod is certainly not dead, it works fine for me and the 10,000 people that have installed my own version of this mod. So, something is wrong with your PC or installation. I would suggest:

• Uninstalling the game completely
    • Delete your SEGA folder
    • Do a disk defrag
    • Verify you have actually purchased the game and are not trying to get a cracked version of the game to work
    • Reinstall off your game disks, installing M2TW and then Kingdoms
    • After that, ONLY install the 1.5 patch (Kingdoms patches M2TW automatically, you only need the Kingdoms 1.5 patch after that)
    • Install the Retrofit Mod
    • Make sure you have no background programs, like virus protection actively running or IM programs running
    • Play the game

In theory, if you do all of the above, the mod will work fine. Otherwise, something is hosed on your system.

Ok when re-installing should I go to default location (C:\users\*username*\appdata\roaming\SEGA), or can i install to a custom location with no problems (say: C:/Program Files/Games/SEGA)?

does this retrofit pump up the unit numbers like the MTWII retrofit does? The high numbers drive me insane plus for some weird reason my screen goes all blurry.

read below
    Last edited by sideswipe; November 08, 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Ok, got the 1.5 patch to work. Now still having same issue w mod. It says "ERROR: Setup was unable to find a valid Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms installation. The Retrofit Mod version 1.0 requires Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. Setup Aborted." when i launch the mod. some1 told me that u need to edit your registry to trick windows into thinking it's there but they forgot how to and where they read it.

Help plz.
    Last edited by sideswipe; November 16, 2008 at 08:00 PM.

I love this Mod, but I have run into an issue! I recently just beat the short campaign as Portugal and decided to continue playing it for the Portuguese Arquebusiers. However, ever since I beat the game, none of my gunpowder units do the appropriate fire-by-rank anymore. In a line only 2 men thick, they continue to cycle and take hella-long to do this.

I know something is wrong because when I played as Spain, the musketeers in a 2-man line would fire appropriately: the front line would shoot, squat, the and stand-back up after the back row had fired. Now, this doesn't even happen on my Spain save file! ;_;! I could use any help or suggestions: I absolutely love gunpowder units, and playing them the buggy-vanilla way is absolutely horrible!

Hey, when I play the hotseat campaign, I cannot defend myself. I read somewhere that I can fix this with a simple data file edit...Can anyone tell me how?

GREAT job

"We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled foward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why." -Ernst Toller

Hi, during installing retrofit v1.0 I got this message (shown in the picture). Could someone please help with this as I have tried to reinstall it a couple times, and each time the same popup comes up. Also I was wondering if there is ONLY a v1.0 or if there are other versions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Hi, during installing retrofit v1.0 I got this message (shown in the picture). Could someone please help with this as I have tried to reinstall it a couple times, and each time the same popup comes up. Also I was wondering if there is ONLY a v1.0 or if there are other versions? Thanks
    Your installation path looks incorrect, make sure you are installing to the folder that contains your medieval2.exe file. If you've renamed the Medieval II Total War installation folder, or have a unique folder setup, or have a different operating system from Windows XP, you may need to help the installer find the correct folder when running it.

But to answer your question, yes, there is only one version of the Retrofit, version 1.0. Another version would have been necessary if CA has released another patch for M2TW/Kingdoms, but, since they didn't, the Retrofit didn't need another update. So, this is it, the complete final version.

Also, I've mirrored the Retrofit Mod exe file on my own Filefront storage space, located here, as my own mod, The Grand Unit Addon Mod for Retrofit 1.0, is dependent on the Retrofit, and I often receive complaints that people cannot access or locate the other mirrors. I hope that is okay Unspoken Knight.

I'm also glad to see that over two years later this mod is still being enjoyed by the community. After over two years of solid gameplay, I've yet to experience a single crash or freeze with the Retrofit or my own mod based on it, which is a testament to M2TW's quality and production values. Good job Unspoken Knight!
    Last edited by Candelarius; July 07, 2009 at 07:06 AM.

Default Retrofit Mod 1.0 not recognizing GE disc

Having a bit of a fit getting the mod to work.

I've bought the notorious Gold Edition (European) of the game, and after quite some hassle, installed the game and patched it completely.
    Then, I had installed the Retrofit and Custom Campaign 2 mods.

Alas, when I run either, it keeps asking for my Kingdoms disc, which is located inside a folder on the first disc of my GE set. My guess is that since the mod does not recognize any files on the DVD root, the game is not recognized.

Any idea's on how to circumvent this?

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 not recognizing GE disc

Quote Originally Posted by Skite View Post
    Having a bit of a fit getting the mod to work.

I've bought the notorious Gold Edition (European) of the game, and after quite some hassle, installed the game and patched it completely.
    Then, I had installed the Retrofit and Custom Campaign 2 mods.

Alas, when I run either, it keeps asking for my Kingdoms disc, which is located inside a folder on the first disc of my GE set. My guess is that since the mod does not recognize any files on the DVD root, the game is not recognized.

Any idea's on how to circumvent this?

No idea. I'd love to know why every Gold Edition of any Total War game kills the mods designed for the pre-Gold version....you'd think CA would retain the same folder structure for the sake of their fans. Oh well. I would email Unspoken Knight for assistance.

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 not recognizing GE disc

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    No idea. I'd love to know why every Gold Edition of any Total War game kills the mods designed for the pre-Gold version....you'd think CA would retain the same folder structure for the sake of their fans. Oh well. I would email Unspoken Knight for assistance.
    Alright, I'll try e-mailing him then.
    Yeah, it's pretty vague with their folder structure. Had to go through a bit of a hassle to get it installed, too. (Had to find and run the seperate setups for each campaign, instead of using the autolaunch stuff on the discs.)

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Need Help!

Me and my freind are playing the medieval 2 totalwar hotseat campaign (not the kingdoms 1, the normal one.)

we have noticed that every time we get attacked during the end of a turn (when its the other factions turn) we get no battle menu, and start a new turn to find our armies are dead, or have lost a battle that we were unaware about...
    does anyone have this problem, and if so, any way to fix?

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Bergil's Avatar Laetus

I've used this mod previously and was very glad with it, so thank you for that!

However I now have a Downloaded copy of MTW2 + Kingdoms from steam, is there any way of manually installing this mod?

PM would be appreciated!

Where can i find the latest patch for Retrofit? I downloaded 1.0 from the first page of this thread but it doesn't work. When i try to load it, it freezes on the first page and i have to ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of it as it is "not running".