Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Hey,

I downloaded the mod but noticed no changes. Are they internal changes? I thought I would be able to play as Ireland, or the Welsh, but on the grand map.

and by "Hotseat campaigns" what does it mean, becuase to me its the main MTW:2 vanilla, with the upgrades in Kingdoms, but I thought it was adding all the countries, into the grand map. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Well, did you read the mods readme or information in the first post of this thread?

Did you read my post?

I did.. I merely am just confused as to what the mods does, does it just upgrade the vanilla MTW:2 with all the special new features MTW: Kingdoms has? I was expecting to be able to play as welsh or Ireland.

And what is meant by "hot seat" campaigns?

Those are my questions and concerns.. please dont reply did I read it, of course I did, I'm looking for clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzair View Post
    Did you read my post?

I did.. I merely am just confused as to what the mods does, does it just upgrade the vanilla MTW:2 with all the special new features MTW: Kingdoms has? I was expecting to be able to play as welsh or Ireland.

And what is meant by "hot seat" campaigns?

Those are my questions and concerns.. please dont reply did I read it, of course I did, I'm looking for clarifications.

I'm sorry for offending you, but I don't understand how you can be confused about not having the Irish or Welsh in this mod if you read the first post in this thread, Unspoken Knight clearly outlined everything the mod includes. Perhaps I was too hard, though, please forgive me.

Here is the list from the first post:

1.0 OVERVIEW
    ============

The Retrofit Mod retrofits various Medieval II Total War (M2TW): Kingdoms features, improvements and bug fixes to vanilla M2TW. This mod can be used as it is, or as a base to create additional M2TW: Kingdoms mods (see section 5.0).

The major features of the Retrofit Mod are:

- Hotseat Campaigns.
    - Control AI Reinforcements.
    - Boiling Oil.
    - 4 Additional custom battle maps (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
    - Unit rebalancing.
    - AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
    - Campaign AI Tweaks.
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
    - Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.
    That's it. There are no additional factions or faction units. The Retrofit Mod simply incorporates the new balance changes, and a few other Kingdoms features (mentioned in the list above), to the Grand Campaign.

A game function called "hotseat mode" is a PC gaming term for the ability to change positions in a single player game with another AI player.
    Last edited by Candelarius; March 31, 2008 at 07:09 PM.

But when it says "hotseat campaigns" I was assuming that was like for ex.

being the Welsh and taking U.K. or one of the Teutonic factions etc. Im not a pro/veteran at games so all the fancy lingo is confusing to me.

But I guess I have not missed anything during installation, thought maybe I made a mistake and thats why.

Thanks

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Hotseat campaign is a multiplayer campaign. Nothing more or less.

Unspoken Knight,

Now that the official Kingdoms Patch is out, can you please confirm if it is fully compatible with Retrofit 1.0? Will a new version of Retrofit be necessary?

Thanks,
    Candelarius

The Retrofit Mod should automatically pick up any Kingdoms related code fixes in the patch. Since there are no major data fixes in the Kingdoms patch that are relevant for Retrofit (or Medieval II), then there is currently no need for a new Retrofit.

The fixes that should be picked up automatically include:

- Fixed exploit that allowed certain characters' stats to be raised by repeatedly saving the game.
    - Fixed the family tree disappearing when a princess is married to General who becomes the Faction Leader.
    - Fixed soft-lock that occurred with multiple armies on the battle map.
    - Fixed crash that occurred when disbanding a unit whilst merging two armies.
    - Crash after auto-resolving a siege battle from a hotseat save game no longer occurs.
    - Crash that occurred when loading a battle from the campaign map edge no longer occurs.
    - Kingdoms no longer crashes when playing battles after unpacking the game's data.
    - Improved siege auto-resolve.
    - DX10 Shadow bug

There are some relevant minor data fixes that will NOT get picked up:

- Fixed a number of inconsistencies between units' speech and their unit cards.
    - Small black rectangles no longer appear on the campaign map.

I think most of the other fixes in the patch are not relevant for the Retrofit Mod.

Without re-testing all areas of the Retrofit Mod with the patch I cannot explicitly state that the Kingdoms Patch is fully compatible with Retrofit.

I can state that I believe the Kingdoms Patch should be fully compatible and doesn't change any existing data formats in the Retrofit Mod (or other Kingdoms Mods).

I've currently got the leaked patch installed and it seems to work fine.
    Grand Campaign: Extended - Adding Kingdoms content to the Grand Campaign.

Good to hear. It's finally the time to port my personal mod to kingdoms exe. Again hard work :hmmm:

Cool, thanks Unspoken.

Hmm, perhaps I forgot something to activate because I never had this problem:

All factions in custom battle have only 14 units for selection (see attachment)?!?! So where is the prob :hmmm:
    Last edited by AlCord; February 13, 2009 at 07:53 AM.

Perhaps you set the era to "early"?
    Grand Campaign: Extended - Adding Kingdoms content to the Grand Campaign.

Lol, thanks.
    That's it. Med II sets it as default after reinstall. Didn't know that.

Groenepuntmuts's Avatar Miles

I get an empty error message when starting up, what's the problem? I've patched medieval 2 to 1.3 a long while back, bought kingdoms last week and installed it.
    Last edited by Groenepuntmuts; May 04, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Groenepuntmuts's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by AlCord View Post
    Hmm, perhaps I forgot something to activate because I never had this problem:

All factions in custom battle have only 14 units for selection (see attachment)?!?! So where is the prob :hmmm:
    hey cool, it's in German didn't know that was possible

Quote Originally Posted by Groenepuntmuts View Post
    I get an empty error message when starting up, what's the problem? I've patched medieval 2 to 1.3 a long while back, bought kingdoms last week and installed it.
    What is the error message?

Quote Originally Posted by Groenepuntmuts View Post
    Check and see what version Medieval II TW is saying it is. The M2TW Kingdoms expansion, if I remember correct, when purchased as a separate expansion instead of part of the M2TW Gold set, will patch M2TW to v1.2 of M2TW. What you may need to do is re-patch M2TW to v1.3 for the Retrofit Mod to work.

An alternative may be to try patching both M2TW and Kingdoms with the new M2TW Kingdoms patch, which is v1.05, then try adding the Retrofit Mod. The readme info for the Retrofit Mod though states that it "may not be compatible" with versions of M2TW after v1.3, so only try this as long as you realize it may not work.

I'm getting ready to patch M2TW Kingdoms patch v1.05 and may be able to answer better later.
    Marcus Camillus

Er, no. Kingdoms patches M2TW to 1.3
    Kingdoms RTM is 1.4, and of course there's a 1.5 Kingdoms patch.

There is a stand-alone 1.3 patch for those people who have M2TW (but not Kingdoms).

None of the patches are cumultive: You need to patch to 1.1, then 1.2, then 1.3, then install Kingdoms, then patch 1.5. You can skip patching 1.1 and 1.2 if you're installing Kingdoms becasue the Kingdoms installer itself will bring any M2TW installation up to 1.3 by patching to 1.1, then 1.2, and finaly then 1.3 before it installs Kingdoms RTM (1.4)

Complicated enough for you, CA?

It's not complicated at all. Just install Kingdoms and then the 1.5 patch. End of story.