Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

UK,

I noticed we can mine other resources besides gold and silver. I tried to duplicate your lines from the EDB, but have been unable to get any income (allowed to build the mine, but 0 income).

Is this option only work through the kingdoms.exe (yet to mod another Kingdoms mod) or am I missing something?

Thanks for the insight
    Nem

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Are you working on an update for Retrofit 1.0, Unspoken. or are you done with it?
    He just said in post #59 of this thread that he has no plans to do anything else with the RetroMod at this time.

I'm glad, I hate the trend of most mods these days to keep changing and changing, patching and patching, updating and updating, every single bloody month. I can never finish a campaign because one must keep restarting it to take advantage of some new feature. The best mods, IMO, define what they want to accomplish, and then finish their project, delivering a stable, functioning, complete mod.

So, thanks Unspoken Knight!

Alrighty then. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Now if only the CA would patch Kingdoms.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    @RandomAttack:

For Kingdoms and Kingdoms mods, the global starting action points are overridden by any particular character type starting action points listed in the same file. Just scroll further down and each character type will have its own starting action points specified.

UnspokenKnight, you know that this was bugged in the original Medieval right? Only the gobal action points really worked. I suppose they worked when specifying for agents, but not when specifying for generals and captains.

Are you saying this has been fixed in Kingdoms?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    UnspokenKnight, you know that this was bugged in the original Medieval right? Only the gobal action points really worked. I suppose they worked when specifying for agents, but not when specifying for generals and captains.

Are you saying this has been fixed in Kingdoms?

Yes

Only problem I have so far is I can't seem to retrain cavalry (mounted sergeants and mailed knights) within a castle. Their icon shows up grayed out under retrain, indicating there's not enough units of that type. However, under the build menu, I have plenty of those types of units to recruit.

Only time I can retrain cavalry in a castle is if it's understrength.

This is a saved game from Vanilla M2TW that I copied (using the installer) to Retrofit mod and loaded from Retrofit mod.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Frustrating that this seems to think a valid installation isn't! Does this just require a specific path to work?

OK its just the name of the directory had to be reset... I had so many different versions I just hadn't kept the original name.
    Last edited by wilddog; November 07, 2007 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by be0wulfe View Post
    Only problem I have so far is I can't seem to retrain cavalry (mounted sergeants and mailed knights) within a castle. Their icon shows up grayed out under retrain, indicating there's not enough units of that type. However, under the build menu, I have plenty of those types of units to recruit.

Only time I can retrain cavalry in a castle is if it's understrength.

This is a saved game from Vanilla M2TW that I copied (using the installer) to Retrofit mod and loaded from Retrofit mod.
    Ok, found my problem, the version of the mod I am using is for some reason capping cavalry units at 60, even tho I am set for HUGE units (80) ... now to fix it ...

@be0wulfe:

As per the Kingdoms campaigns, cavalry unit sizes have been reduced. You can increase them yourself by increasing the second parameter in each units 'soldier' entry in the EDU (export_descr_unit.txt).

Unspoken Knight

This is going to sound stupid but what does retrofit do? I installed it and I don't notice a difference. I click the shortcut and it brings me to M2TW. Isn't it for Kingdoms? Please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoo- View Post
    This is going to sound stupid but what does retrofit do? I installed it and I don't notice a difference. I click the shortcut and it brings me to M2TW. Isn't it for Kingdoms? Please help me out.
    The Retrofit Mod 'retrofits' some core Kingdoms features back to original M2TW such as boiling oil, hotseat, control AI reinforcements and AI recruitment rebalancing. Since it uses the Kingdoms exe, it requires Kingdoms to be installed and will also apply various Kingdoms bug fixes and improvements back to M2TW also. You can check the list of features on the first page of this thread for more details.

Unspoken Knight

Thank you for getting to me so fast, I understand the meaning of this mod now. Cheers

EDIT

One more question, How do I get a mod-switch to work with the .bat? I took a swing at this:
    cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\retrofit\medieval2.retrofit.cfg --io.file_first
    However, no luck from me.
    Last edited by mangoo-; November 11, 2007 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoo- View Post
    Thank you for getting to me so fast, I understand the meaning of this mod now. Cheers

EDIT

One more question, How do I get a mod-switch to work with the .bat? I took a swing at this:

However, no luck from me.
    The mod switch is specified as the mod path in the mods\retrofit\medieval2.retrofit.cfg file. I assume you mean you want to run with the '--io.file_first = 1' switch? This switch tells the game to look for the extracted data files first before loading them from the packs. If you are modding the Retrofit Mod, there is no need to add this switch, just add the modded files directly to the Retrofit Mod (at your own risk).

By default, the game should look in the following places for files:

1) Mod packs if they exist (such as the various retail kingdoms packs, not used for community mods)
    2) Mod data directory
    3) The m2tw packs
    4) the m2tw data directory

Regards,

Unspoken Knight

Understood. Thank you for clarification once again

However one last and final question: Do you think skins would damage the contents of the mod? IE-- unit skins, blood changes, and weather effects?
    Last edited by mangoo-; November 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM.

the download link isn't working any more could u please post another one up?

The download link seems to be working now:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1581

Unspoken Knight

Asta666's Avatar Libertus

sorry if this has been asked before but im having some problem with this mod... i can install it and start playing but usually after some minutes i get what it is a video error i think, screen just turns black and computer crashes. this does not happen with the vanilla version or other mods, any ideas why it could be?

onmy6's Avatar Miles

hi im new to this forum so forgive my possibly stupid question, i have been using rome medieval but a got a copy of m2tw only thing is , is that its spanish and it the orginal m2tw, will this mod work at all on my version , thanks and sorry if its a dumb question

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Will this mod work on m2tw spanish edition ver 1. Any help will be greatly received and appreicated, thanks
    Last edited by Scorch; December 09, 2007 at 07:34 PM.

@Sarge & onmy6:

Please keep your posts civil. I would prefer if this thread didn't get cluttered with offensive posts.

@onmy6:

The Retrofit Mod should install and work fine. It will install the appropriate language version of the Retrofit Mod based on the installed language of M2TW (Spanish in your case).

Regards,

Unspoken Knight