Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

I don't even consider this to be a "mod", but, a semi-official "patch".

Quote Originally Posted by Candelarius View Post
    I don't even consider this to be a "mod", but, a semi-official "patch".
    Yeah...you're right about it...

Is the Spurius BigMap still available for download, and if so, could someone kindly provide the link. I would like to try it with the Retrofit Mod. Thanks.

Yep - works great with retrofit mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69936
    Under the patronage of General_Sun.

Laetus

I may have gotten something wrong, but how exactly did you install the BigMap with the Retrofit Mod? I have (to be absolutely sure) installed the BigMap files into the M2 directory AND the Retrofit directory. Additionaly. I added the "@BigMap.cfg" command to the retrofit.bat file, but it simply starts the Retrofit Mod with the same old map.

Any ideas?

I may be confused, BUT this mod which sounds great, does it add hero abilities? if not can they be added to each faction?

Here's a small request! *cough*

I'd love to see a verison of the Retrofit mod with an updated battle_modelsdb file that included all the new units from Kingdoms. I'd potentially do it myself if it didn't look such a daunting and nigh impossible task. Having the Byzantines, Turks, Egyptians, etc, in the grand campaign and with all their new units would be totally awesome! (mainly because their old unit roster was rather threadbare.)

So does this mod include all the new units, castles, moats, etc in the grand campaign ?? If not what does it do... the readme did not say much sorry

Don't get me wrong I appreciate, just wanting to know

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Please excuse tha Captain's question, cus Oi be dummer than a bag o' frozen farts, but does this mean we can recruit tha noo units in tha ooriginal MTW2 grand campaign map? Fer example, can HRE get tha cool new Teutonic Units?
    If not, be this in tha works by anyone? Tanks fer dar infoo.

Likewise I'd be interested in a more detailed explanation.

I'm a newbie when it comes to TW modding so what exactly the retrofit does is beyond me.

What does a player who uses Retrofit gain from the GC without adding other mods or modding anything themselves?

..did you not read what it adds??

sorry for posting this question on another post.... but does it or will it include capabilities to construct permanent forts?

Saludos
    y
    Respeto
    -:-
    Greetings
    &
    Respect

Dominion of the Sword / The Long Road GFX designer / Zuma Team member.
    TLRaced GFX add on for TLR2.0
    www.andresgogo.com

To all those asking what this mod adds....please read the first post in this thread. It lists exactly what is included in the mod. Since apparently people can't seem to locate the first post in the thread, I've posted what the mod does here:

- Hotseat Campaigns.
    - Control AI Reinforcements.
    - Boiling Oil.
    - 4 Additional custom battle maps (Backwoods, Borderlands, Forts, Trenches).
    - Unit rebalancing.
    - AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
    - Campaign AI Tweaks.
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
    - Installer: The mod is packaged with an easy to use installer for computers with a valid installation of M2TW: Kingdoms.

That's it. It retrofits, as Unspoken Knight has said, the features from Kingdoms that are common for all four new campaigns. It doesn't add Kingdoms campaign specific features, as those are specific to those campaigns (ie, heroes are specific to the Crusades). Just as the readme says, it does not add any of the new units...those are specific to the new campaigns.

Thank you for reading this post. I hope that clears things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    @Sommo James:

I think Spurius means you can just copy his BigMap imperial campaign files over the ones in the Retrofit Mod (always back up files before overwriting them of course).
    Is good advice always to back up, but should all be doable. I'll check it anyway, still have to download your mod - looks very interesting.

Good work, like the idea of those blown-up maps, and also the fantasy one gets kudos, more people should just go for that, I think.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Gosh Unspoken Knight couldn't you have told me you use xml files for the .sd files? I'd have asked for them instead of having to write a converter which does the same via reverse-engineering...
    Anyways I'm not sure if the bigwigs actually wanted you to release them

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

I've noticed some bugs, but I don't know if they're part of M2TW:K 1.04, or if the mod introduced them.

1) Sometimes, for no reason, the speech at the beginning of battle is sans-subtitles, despite my having subtitles turned on.
    2) Sometimes, for no reason, my men will be holding torches, despite it not being a nighttime battle. The first time this happened, I just though it was because it was all overcast and raining. But, the next time it happened, it was a very sunny day.

Again, I don't know if these are 1.04 bugs or Retrofit Mod bugs. I post them here in case it's the latter.

Cheers.

edders's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I've noticed some bugs, but I don't know if they're part of M2TW:K 1.04, or if the mod introduced them.

1) Sometimes, for no reason, the speech at the beginning of battle is sans-subtitles, despite my having subtitles turned on.
    2) Sometimes, for no reason, my men will be holding torches, despite it not being a nighttime battle. The first time this happened, I just though it was because it was all overcast and raining. But, the next time it happened, it was a very sunny day.

Again, I don't know if these are 1.04 bugs or Retrofit Mod bugs. I post them here in case it's the latter.

Cheers.

I think the second one happened now and again in 1.2/3.

BTW, does anyone have any plans to make a mod similar to this one but with as many of the new battle/strat map models (inc. settlements?), forts etc. as possible? Putting factions like Wales and Ireland would be good too, even if some placements (T order) would be unrealistic. It's just I'd like to use this as the new basis for my personal modding...
    Last edited by edders; September 10, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

@sounds like killing:

I am not currently working on a new version of the Retrofit Mod. I may possibly be working on a new version of the Custom Campaign Mod. Due to other commitments, any new mod releases are a long way off.

Unspoken Knight

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonM View Post
    Yep - works great with retrofit mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69936
    Um, how, exactly? I made backups and copied what I thought would be all the relevant files from the maps/base, maps/imperial campaign, and data folders, but encountered an unspecified error and then CTD'd. Deleting map.rwm didn't help.

I didn't want to do a total overwrite because I wanted to keep the following features of the retrofit:
    - Unit rebalancing.
    - AI Unit Recruitment tweaks.
    - Campaign AI Tweaks.

So I tried to only copy what I needed from BigMap, and obviously left something out. Can I get a laundry list of files needed from someone who's successfully running a "RetroBig" mod?