Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

If you dodnt know how to use retrofit and steam refer to norscas post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post2510072

This guy deserves to be supremem ruler of the world for this soloution =P

Kind Regards
    Will

P.S Is this the final version of Retrofit or is the creator busy with other things?
    Last edited by NoMercy88; September 29, 2009 at 11:40 AM.

Hi guys, new member of the forums with a quick question. I'm definitely getting M2:TW in the next few days, so I've looked up some mods that look good to add down the road. My question is, will Retrofit work with the Gold edition? I read somewhere it might not, and I'd rather only have to buy this thing once also, what are the big differences between this and the Custom Campaign 2? I know they feature alot of the same stuff, but is there a difference? Thanks in advance!

PS umm, I'll be posting a similar answer in the appropriate thread, but I figure I'd ask here as well. DOes anyone know whether SS-6.2 works with the Gold edition as well? Thanks!

First, yes I should work with the gold edition IIRC( if you get it from Steam thats a whole other issue)

And Second it should work with SS but DO NOT GET 6.2. It is for total war "pros" and m/m 6.2 is the same as vh/vh 6.1 iirc, which is already harder than vanilla vh/vh, also when you install the 6.1 patch the only box you should have ticked is the "remove army supply" one as you're a new player.

Kind Regards
    Will

P.S If you do get Retrofit get Grand Unit Addon aswell, its pretty good and if you get SS make sure you downlaoded the fixes(ask someone else for them).
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Awesome reply, thanks! I'll probably start off on M/M for both vanilla and any mod I add after I get some experience but thanks for the tip! I also read somewhere that retrofit really nerfs cavalry, is that true?

It just tones 'em down so they aren't the equivalent of a steam roller. Use them to charge flanks and scatter enemy troops. If you leave them in melee, they wont fare as well. I think the base attack for Mailed Knights is 8 with a charge bonus of 5. Play to the strengths of the unit - high mobility and large charge bonus.

That doesn't sound so bad then, I'll probably give most a try and see what fits best. Thanks!

I have the steam version of MED II Kingdoms and the non-steam version. Right now I'm playing the non-steam version, since I don't know how the hell to get retrofit onto steam. Is there a way to manually dump the data for retrofit, grandunit, and stone fort mods FROM my non-steam TO my steam version?

There probabaly is but knowing steam is would probabaly mess some things up.

Yet again i refer to norsca's post on steam: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post2510072

(this guy deserves alot more praise than he's getting =P)

I have the steam M2TW and Kingdoms and this soloutin works perfectly.

Kind Regards
    Will
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

I have only one complaint with this mod, the upkeep levels are so low that the AI spawns so many armies that it defeats the point of a huge impressive victory where you destroy 2 stacks. What I mean is this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And one problem with the AI, the Pope has been gathering it's forces outside Sicily for 50-100 turnns now and has barely ever gone past the border.
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...

Opifex

I have not been able to make Retrofit work under Vista/Windows 7.

Unspoken, do you know why some mods would have problems running under Vista/Windows 7?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Turn UAC off...

Kind Regards
    Will

Will

My desktop shortcut opens '../kingdoms.exe' while it has to open '../mods/retrofit/medieval2_retrofit.bat'.

wow quite many armies over there on the pictures haha. Damn i wish my retrofit game would consist that much meat to kill. Is it very hard/very hard on, or have you done something with the ai?

I know the method referred to in the link about steam, I know of the method and use it with TATW. But I think the problem for steam users with this mod is that the installer doesn't detect the kingdoms installation because it doesn't use the same install path as the retail version of the game. I have this problem and can't play the mod, how do I solve the installer issue with regards to detecting my installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    I have only one complaint with this mod, the upkeep levels are so low that the AI spawns so many armies that it defeats the point of a huge impressive victory where you destroy 2 stacks. What I mean is this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And one problem with the AI, the Pope has been gathering it's forces outside Sicily for 50-100 turnns now and has barely ever gone past the border.
    Byzantines in Burgundy? Timurids in Tyrolia? The United Federation of America?! How'd you do that?
    Last edited by Shasqua; January 09, 2010 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freebirdcjb View Post
    I know the method referred to in the link about steam, I know of the method and use it with TATW. But I think the problem for steam users with this mod is that the installer doesn't detect the kingdoms installation because it doesn't use the same install path as the retail version of the game. I have this problem and can't play the mod, how do I solve the installer issue with regards to detecting my installation?
    #

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...12#post6403712

I've used this method for getting it to work and its fine so there ius ntohing wrong with the method.

Kind Regards
    Will

Will

Quote Originally Posted by NoMercy88 View Post
    If you dodnt know how to use retrofit and steam refer to norscas post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post2510072

This guy deserves to be supremem ruler of the world for this soloution =P

Kind Regards
    Will

P.S Is this the final version of Retrofit or is the creator busy with other things?

I tried this method for the retrofit mod and it did not work, i checked several times to make sure i had it right, but every-time i launched the game it still went to the launcher and when i tried to click the retrofit, it would give an error every time.

I installed the game using the instructions and when I start the mod, it gets to the loading screen and tells me that "Medieval II has experienced an unspecified error and will now exit"

It doesnt generate a logfile either. = [

Kevvy's Avatar Foederatus

Okay I like this mod but i'm a little confused as to why the rest of the playable factions aren't unlocked, when I first played it and they were locked I assumed it was like playing the original all over again and I would have to complete a campaign first to unlock them all. However I have completed the campaign with England and still the other factions are not unlocked, why is this?

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Dead download like ?