Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Someone hacked my steam account

Default Someone hacked my steam account

ok someone gave me a link to that fake site with fake free steam games and i tried to log in, it didnt work and it logged me off of steam, i tried to log in on steam but it said the password was invalid. I tried milion times but still nothing so i changed password by sending new passowrd to my email but i forgot what email that was. Thats how i lost my ing steam account.I m gonna find that face who sent me that link and im gonna cut his ing head off i swear
    is there ANYTHING i can do now
    Last edited by Irelia; September 26, 2010 at 03:56 AM.

Default Re: Someone hacked my steam account

Ok... have fun!!

No seriously your pretty screwed, not much we can do 2 help you :s exept keep trying 2 find your mail adress :s

Sry about your account ):

I'm convinced that my country has the wurst politicians in the world, wich is quite an achievement

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Contact Steam Support and tell them that your account was hacked.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Contact Steam Support and tell them that your account was hacked.
    how do i contact them? Do i have to register again? Plz tell me

You'll have to contact STEAM Support, they're the ones who can help you reclaim your STEAM account.

https://support.steampowered.com/

However, you'll have to show proof that it is your account - one method is to show them the receipt of a purchase you've made on STEAM.
    Question

How can I reclaim a lost or hijacked Steam account?

Answer

Your Steam account may have been “hijacked” if you are unable to log in, your personal settings have changed, or it appears that someone else was using your account to play games.
    If you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to your account, take immediate action. Follow these steps to prevent further access to your account by unauthorized users and to ensure that your account stays secure in the future:

1. Submit a Ticket to Steam Support
    2. Keep your account information secure

Submit a Ticket to Steam Support

Immediately Contact Steam Support about the lost account
    Provide the following information:

1. Steam account name for hijacked account
    2. The original contact e-mail for the account
    3. Select “Account Questions” as the category and “Hijacked or Stolen Account” as the subcategory.
    4. Proof of purchase for the account as outlined below:
        • If retail software is registered to the account, attach a digital photo or scan of the CD Key registered to the account. Write the Steam account username on the quick reference card or CD Key sticker below the code in permanent ink.
          Examples:

• If a game was purchased through Steam with a credit card, please provide the following:
          • The Card Type (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express)
          • Full Name on the Card
          • Expiration Date
          • The last four digits of the credit card number - Do not provide the full credit card number

• If a game was purchased through Steam using a PayPal account, please provide:
          • The Billing Name on the PayPal Account
          • The full Billing Address on the PayPal Account
          • The PayPal PayerID
          • The Invoice ID and the Transaction ID

If any other type of payment was used, please explain this in the support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian View Post
    You'll have to contact STEAM Support, they're the ones who can help you reclaim your STEAM account.

https://support.steampowered.com/

However, you'll have to show proof that it is your account - one method is to show them the receipt of a purchase you've made on STEAM.
    DO I HAVE TO REGISTER AGAIN TO CONTACT THEM

I hate repeating myself

Lol i found my steam email adress but they didnt send me new pass. ers

thanks for helpo, nobody gives a , as always. Go play some tw games whatever
    Last edited by LoZz; September 25, 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Happened to me once. Contacted support and got it back in couple of days.

i steam and its support
    Close this thread or do what u want like i care

Quote Originally Posted by Shin View Post
    thanks for helpo, nobody gives a , as always. Go play some tw games whatever
    I feel warm inside from you gratitude What did you expect?? Look i understand that it must suck 2 lose your steam account, but did you think we would be able to magicly restore your account? Your the one who was stupid enough 2 enter your pass on an unofficial site, and your the one who doesnt even remember what mail adress you used.. so what the **** were you hoping for?

I'm convinced that my country has the wurst politicians in the world, wich is quite an achievement

This kinda feels like one of those videos where a WoW player gets his account deleted. Way to overreact.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Dude, chillax.

Just contact steam support. The support account is separate from your actual steam account, and it's likely you won't have one yet.
    And why would you actually go to some site offering free steam games without checking Steam itself first? I had my account hacked twice, but at least it was actually hacked and I didn't simply give some bogus site my details.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart of Corte View Post
    I feel warm inside from you gratitude What did you expect?? Look i understand that it must suck 2 lose your steam account, but did you think we would be able to magicly restore your account? Your the one who was stupid enough 2 enter your pass on an unofficial site, and your the one who doesnt even remember what mail adress you used.. so what the **** were you hoping for?
    Yeah i was stupid enough but it looked official, and the link looked official too.
    This kinda feels like one of those videos where a WoW player gets his account deleted. Way to overreact.
    I just lost hundreds of $, and dont compare me to some crying fat fag plz. I liked that acc

"you think he shuffed a remote up his ass? ( theirs a wow overreact guy who actuelly trys that) ah those wowers so dedicated "
    U think i should report u? Anyway i just did. Stop spamming or i will go through all ur posts and will get u banned

couldnt care less tbh
    Spam reported again. Then what ru doing here?

LoZz's Avatar who are you?

everyone take a chill pill and relax, serious replies of help only, thank you

Contact. Support. Naow.

Thats what I did. Chill.

HansDuet
    Contact. Support. Naow.
    I did alredy
    Last edited by LoZz; September 26, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

Then wait.

Quote Originally Posted by HansDuet View Post
    Then wait.
    Waiting is all i can do....
    I hope it wont take weeks
    Funny part is that i need to contact some of my friends and i cant, creating another account is not an option since u have to have some steam games registered to invite, talk, comment etc
    Last edited by LoZz; September 26, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Happened to me too, now my friends are pissed because the hacker of my account got to theirs too
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Fred-nin View Post
    Happened to me too, now my friends are pissed because the hacker of my account got to theirs too
    How did they get yours? The same way as the guy that made this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenon View Post
    How did they get yours? The same way as the guy that made this topic?
    Probably, I think this is the 2nd or 3rd topic on this site reporting the same steam look alike website.

Be careful where you enter your password.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast