View Poll Results: Who's your favorite commander from the Barbarian Invasion time period?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Attila the Hun

8 40.00%
  • Belisarius

9 45.00%
  • Aetius

1 5.00%
  • Alaric

0 0%
  • Stilicho

0 0%
  • Odoacer

0 0%
  • Theodoric

1 5.00%
  • Narses

0 0%
  • OTHER

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Barbarian Invasion Tournament (Sunday, August 26)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Prince_of_Macedon's Avatar Πρίγκηψ της Μακεδονίας

Default The Barbarian Invasion Tournament (Sunday, August 26)

*** UPDATE: I changed the tourney map to the Scottish Highland ***

THE BARBARIAN INVASION TOURNAMENT (August 26, 2007)

“I shall not yield my claim. Unless you can protect your country by your own valour I shall rule the whole of it: but if you can wrest my inheritance from me this shall be subject to you. Now let us stake our patrimonies one against the other, and whichever of us two proves victorious let him be master of both lands and peoples.”
    - Siegfried of Xanten (from die Nibelungenlied)

Hail to all of you Dark Age warriors! As a fun little diversion from R:TW, I’m hosting a Barbarian Invasion Tournament. I know that some of you don’t have this expansion, but if you do, this is a great opportunity to play Barbarian Invasion online with a lot of people (or more than what you would find on gamespy typically).

This will be a fun tourney since most of us don’t have much experience with the units in BI. As for online experience with the expansion, I’m assuming none of us have much of that either.

If you don’t have the BI expansion, then never fear, because the next big R:TW tourney will be in a few weeks.

Tournaments typically go for 2-3 hours. If you’re not committed to staying that long, then you should not enter.

DATE
    - August 26, 2007 (Sunday if you‘re in North America or Western Europe)

TIME
    - 2:00pm EST (US East Coast)
    - 7:00pm London, UK Time

- all players will meet in the Competitive (server)

RULES FOR THE TOURNAMENT
    1. Please pre-register by filling out this questionnaire:
    - Your Tournament Name:
    - Favorite BI Faction:
    - Additional Comments:

2) the game is Barbarian Invasion (version 1.6)

3) denarii level: 10,000

4) map: Scottish Highland

5) tourney format: Round Robin (everyone’s guaranteed several games before getting eliminated)

6) do not change any of the battlefield conditions! The only thing you need to change is the map. And that map is the Scottish Highland. Everything else should be default.

7) Do not restrict the movement of the camera

8) Unit Size should be "Large" unless someone's computer can't handle it.

9) this is a 1 vs 1 tournament

10) there are no in-game rules (you can spam units, make elephants, use artillery, etc)

11) After you finish your battle, please wait for me to assign you your next opponent

12) You can switch factions as you please.

13) After a battle, both players will report the results to me (I want to know who won, and which factions were used)

14) Please save your replays! I might ask you to e-mail them to me after the tournament. My e-mail is prince_of_macedon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

15) The winner of this prize will receive only one reward: recognition as the most barbaric player on TWC!

TOURNEY COMBATANTS:
    BARBARIAN_PRINCE (also Tourney Host)

Tournament Name: [TWC]Prince_of_Macedon
    Favorite BI Faction: the Burgundians
    Additional Comments: let's invade the Roman Empire!
    SELIFATOR

Tournament Name: [TWC]Selifator
    Favourite Faction: Sassanids, ERE
    Additional Comments: The East will conquer the world.
    OMAN (unable to attend)

Tournament Name: Oman
    Favorite BI Faction:
    Additional Comments: I will join if i can, ive had the game for ages but played it only a couple of times.
    SCUTARII

Name:Scutarii
    Factions: ERE, Sassanids
    Additional: What can I say, I like the East.
    UMMAGUMMA

Name: Ummagumma
    Factions: Undecided
    Additional: Hmm, 'Multiplayer'.. never used this bit..
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; August 26, 2007 at 10:06 AM.
    HOW TO PLAY EMPIRE TOTAL WAR OFFLINE

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Watch my online-commentary battles here
    Under the Patronage of Hader

Default Re: The Barbarian Invasion Tournament (Sunday, August 26)

Neat Prince. I was expecting your last one to be a BI tourney, with the title and all. Good quote too.

I voted for Falvius Aetius btw. Mainly because he did so much with so little at his disposal.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; August 21, 2007 at 06:55 PM.

Hey Prince...

wow good another tourney very fast

My favorite is Atilla the Hun

tournament name: Leonidas_of_Sparta

favourite faction : Romano- british

additionall comments: wow tourneys are goooood lol anyway thx for touneys Prince
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Tournament name: [TWC]Selifator
    Favourite faction: Sassanids, ERE
    Additional comments: The East will conquer the world.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Leonidas and Selifator: thanks for joining (added you guys to the combatants' list)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    Neat Prince. I was expecting your last one to be a BI tourney, with the title and all. Good quote too.

I voted for Falvius Aetius btw. Mainly because he did so much with so little at his disposal.
    Yeah, the title was kind of misleading

Aetius was pretty awesome indeed. I casted my vote for Belisarius (for the same reason you gave Aetius).

"It is a lovely thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown." - ALEXANDER THE GREAT

Tournament Name: [TWC]Craterus
    Favorite BI Faction: Saxons
    Additional Comments: Time to bring the britions under a new rule, the romans left them soft
    Si vis pacem, parem bellum
    If you seek peace, prepare for war
    -Publius Renatus

LOL got ya added!

I'm hoping that more people will join, 4 is a bit too few for a good tourny.
    But then this is a smaller tourny so....
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

The thread hasnt even been up 24hrs yet, not everyone may of read it, or are still thinking about it.

Sorry to say, there is a problem with the plug for the comp I play RTW and well I can't seem to get it to work and I doubt it will be fixed before sunday
    Last edited by guyyug; August 22, 2007 at 09:46 AM.
    -Publius Renatus

Civis

I will join if i can, ive had the game for ages but played it only a couple of times. What version (patch) do i need to have to play online ? Can i get it here ? Can somoen point an old man in the right direction, im pretty useless when it comes to things like that .
    Last edited by Oman; August 22, 2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: xx

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Oman View Post
    I will join if i can, ive had the game for ages but played it only a couple of times. What version (patch) do i need to have to play online ? Can i get it here ? Can somoen point an old man in the right direction, im pretty useless when it comes to things like that .
    You need the 1.6 patch, which you can download at the link below, check you havent already updated your barbarian invasion game by starting it up, and looking for "ver 1.6" in one of the top corners on the menu screen

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...16-Patch.shtml
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.

BI updates your game to 1.6 and I guess that that is the version to be used for the tournament.

Awesome, Oman! Get patch 1.6 from the TotalWar site:

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?p...l&nav=/en/7/2/
    (scroll near the bottom to the Barbarian Invasion download for version 1.6)

Guyyug,
    That's tragic! Is it just a wire issue? Or is it something serious? This will be a very fun & awesome tourney, and I don't plan on re-visiting BI for awhile...

It's just the wire, and the parents won't bother buying anew one in a hurry anyway or repairing it whilst there are other functional computers in the house, though that was the only cpu to play my better games on, and the other one graphics drivers are not working, or they just don't have the juice to run the game. So I really do doubt being able to play, and was looking forward to it aswell
    -Publius Renatus

Quote Originally Posted by guyyug View Post
    It's just the wire, and the parents won't bother buying anew one in a hurry anyway or repairing it whilst there are other functional computers in the house, though that was the only cpu to play my better games on, and the other one graphics drivers are not working, or they just don't have the juice to run the game. So I really do doubt being able to play, and was looking forward to it aswell
    Couldn't you just take a wire from one of your other computers and use it for yours (just for Sunday)?

We'll I'm gonna start playin the tournaments again...definitely want to play this one and have a good time w/ u guys.

- Your Tournament Name:Evan
    - Favorite BI Faction:Hmm...dunno yet, will edit when I think of it.
    - Additional Comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian_Prince View Post
    Couldn't you just take a wire from one of your other computers and use it for yours (just for Sunday)?

Nope diffrent designs, the one I use has a diffrent one from the rest becasue it's a laptop.
    -Publius Renatus

Thanks for joining, Evan! Added ya.

Civis

thansk Sanada, much appreciated.

Before i tried to get the patch, i went back on Rome for a bit and could not join any games !!!! I tried to install patch 1. 5, but still didnt work. Had brilliant idea to uninstall BI and RTW and reload....but now it wont load. Says there is an error. Reboot, retry....error....repeat...error. OMG, is this the end !!! Very worried, any ideas anyone ?

thanks, from an anxious, and worried.

Oman

Colossus,
    What kind of upgrades are you giving the Berserkers?

Since I don't have a human opponent for BI, this might be a crappy test. But I used 4 Comitanses (gold attack) against 4 Lombard Berserkers (gold attack). Every time I fought them, it wasn't even close. The javelins that the Comitanses discharged beforehand decimated the Lombard Berserkers. And when it came time for swordplay, my soldiers would swamp the remaining berserkers with huge numbers (since the 'serks only start off with 32 men on "Large" unit scale).
    Quote Originally Posted by Oman View Post
    thansk Sanada, much appreciated.

Before i tried to get the patch, i went back on Rome for a bit and could not join any games !!!! I tried to install patch 1. 5, but still didnt work. Had brilliant idea to uninstall BI and RTW and reload....but now it wont load. Says there is an error. Reboot, retry....error....repeat...error. OMG, is this the end !!! Very worried, any ideas anyone ?

thanks, from an anxious, and worried.

Oman
    After you un-install R:TW, can you see if your "The Creative Assembly" folder was deleted or not? The folder might be called something else depending on when you bought the game. If the folder's still there, try deleting that. Then re-start your computer, and then re-install R:TW/BI.
    Last edited by Prince_of_Macedon; August 23, 2007 at 03:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast