Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RTW CASUS BELLI 1.0 Italian vers.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: RTW CASUS BELLI 1.0 Italian vers.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    yes this progam sucks too since i translated the historic events on it and some words are abit messed up on it and and the other language files i can't be asked to do, which are export_advice, export_buildings, export_units, export_VnVs and tooltips.
    dude, i m translatin the entire mod without using the stupid google translator. please wait..... makin private translations to the mod, can have problems whenever i finish mine, when u will have to overwrite the old files.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    dude, i m translatin the entire mod without using the stupid google translator. please wait..... makin private translations to the mod, can have problems whenever i finish mine, when u will have to overwrite the old files.
    Thats good i just tested it out and see what it was like and as u said it failed lol. yeah anyway i can't wait until ur finished so until then il try to finish M2TW: Kingdoms and Roma surrectum and been when ur translation is finished ur mod will be the first game il always play.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Thats good i just tested it out and see what it was like and as u said it failed lol. yeah anyway i can't wait until ur finished so until then il try to finish M2TW: Kingdoms and Roma surrectum and been when ur translation is finished ur mod will be the first game il always play.
    aight

Clean installation?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Please give a link for downloading Rome Cassus Belli an english version .I don't find it ,even in filefront there's nothing . Thanks

hey i have a question, is this mod designed to be historically accurate? im new to the forums, could you show me some units of rome, greeks and carthage? thanx

also, what are the system reqs for this mod? it looks beautiful so i suppose its gonna need a good computer

yes. if u wanna see units preview, check in the first pages of the section... easy to find them..... they are called THe Factions: the carthaginians for example

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

I don't understand Italian more than what my rusty French allows, but finally decided to test if I could play this mod anyway. And what did I find? I found that I have no clue what all those messages regarding world affairs are saying and can only make out the general idea of what the senate wants me to do, but, the game - what a GEM! This mod has a natural style (especially in battle mode, with that new vegetation and all) and artistic charm of its very own, and together with its special music pack I think we RTW-fans have a classic on our hands here! Wonderful work, RCB team, I must salute you!

No stability problem whatsoever so far. One question, though: is it possible to play a different faction than the Romans, eventually?
    Last edited by Demokritos; January 14, 2008 at 12:53 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    I don't understand Italian more than what my rusty French allows, but finally decided to test if I could play this mod anyway. And what did I find? I found that I have no clue what all those messages regarding world affairs are saying and can only make out the general idea of what the senate wants me to do, but, the game - what a GEM! This mod has a natural style (especially in battle mode, with that new vegetation and all) and artistic charm of its very own, and together with its special music pack I think we RTW-fans have a classic on our hands here! Wonderful work, RCB team, I must salute you!

No stability problem whatsoever so far. One question, though: is it possible to play a different faction than the Romans, eventually?
    yes... in the casus belli map folder, there's the descr_strat and u can enable even the other factions....it's been a gross mistake, make the romans only playable initially (as vanilla)

anyway in the next version of CB, there will be not 2 roman factions and there are indogreeks and tribes of Arabia.......

and the game will be in english too.... so we prefer to release the new version in english, not the oldest.. many files we've changed....

Great news, Davide!
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I have actually stopped playing RTW untill this mod comes out . To not polute my taste and loose the interest with too many things . Cause this seems worth .

I'm well into a beautiful campaign and got four more questions now:
    1. What does it say in Italian about the victory conditions for the Gens Valeria?

2. Am I correct in understanding that the only type of (normal fighting) troops that I ever will be able to recruit outside my original home regions are mercenaries?

3. Battles are always decided fairly quickly in this beta version so far. It seems that, once in close combat after having been charged, the troops don't have the morale to fight for long, even if a greater part of the unit is still standing. Do you have any plans to reduce the killing efficiency a bit and increase the fighting morale a bit, and in such a way prolong the battles a bit?

4. I'm playing the game at the Hard/Hard setting. How would things in RCB work if I played it at Medium/Medium or Very Hard/Very Hard?

Regards,
    D

PS @Dracula: Good point in the ontological debate you got as a signature there. As a philosopher, I appreciate such things!
    Last edited by Demokritos; January 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

I'm well into a beautiful campaign and got four more questions now:
    1. What does it say in Italian about the victory conditions for the Gens Valeria?
    50 provinces if i well remember

2. Am I correct in understanding that the only type of (normal fighting) troops that I ever will be able to recruit outside my original home regions are mercenaries?
    Romans can recruit some types of soldiers just in some cities and other units elsewhere... in the strategical map, u will see some resource icon as roman scutum, hoplon, horses etc.. if u move the mouse above them, the text will tell u were u can recruit special roman units, cavalries etc....
    Generals can recruit mercenaries everywhere. not always obviusly... it's hard to explain... even for the game in italian

3. Battles are always decided fairly quickly in this beta version so far. It seems that, once in close combat after having been charged, the troops don't have the morale to fight for long, even if a greater part of the unit is still standing. Do you have any plans to reduce the killing efficiency a bit and increase the fighting morale a bit, and in such a way prolong the battles a bit?
    usually fightings must have more length. anyway we have already edited some things as the reduction of slingers strenght.. they were too much powerful etc...

4. I'm playing the game at the Hard/Hard setting. How would things in RCB work if I played it at Medium/Medium or Very Hard/Very Hard?
    I play vh/vh usually.... the game is difficult depending what faction u choose.....

example: if u choose carthage... at the beginnin of campaign, carthaginians and numidians are in war and massinissa's sons attacks u, tryin to conquer slowly, your settlements or the capital directly.... the rebels are not static! they siege towns or attacks army close to them... they are also able to make long marches to fight the enemies.....so a carthaginian player, first must try to defence himself from the numidians, then must try to grow economy and then barracks to create not only a defensive army but also an offensive one.....

if u choose garamantes, the situation is calm because they were not in war with anyone in that period...

in the beta, there's not the third punic war.... in next release yes..... there will be a message from Cato who said "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" bla bla bla, then a roman scripted army lands in Utica Gulf bla bla bla

i dont reveal anything..

OK, I understand. Thanks a lot for the info and speed of it all! It's appreciated!

Man, once this mod goes English in a finished version it will be a classic for the whole RTW community, like I said! Then I bet it will attract far more nominations for the favourite RTW mod award.

By the way, the victory conditions for the Gens Valeria do not seem to include a certain number of regions. Here's what it says in Italian: "Imperatore: Annienta il Sena o assisti alla sue fine (310 anni rimasti)". Anybody knows what it means (specifically after the word "Sena" and before the parenthesis)?
    Last edited by Demokritos; January 18, 2008 at 09:51 PM.

I try downloading the complete package, although, it was going to be over 4 hours downloading it. I was able to download packages 1,3,4 at a pretty good time. Less than ten minutes each. Package 2 is downloading at 11.2 kb/sec

Any one here has a solution to downloading it faster? I only need package 2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1981 View Post
    Any one here has a solution to downloading it faster? I only need package 2 now.
    Try at a different time or use a dedicated download manager of some sort.

Hey, Davide, I've conquered 50 regions with the Gens Valeria now and there's no sight of the victory yet. Didn't the Senate declare war against the human player at some point in the vanilla game? What am I supposed to do here to finish the campaign?

Edit a couple of days later: I still like to know how to finish a CB campaign. Apart from the Italian statement within the campaign, which I spelled out in post #114 above, there was a different statement about the victory conditions for the faction in question before you started the campaign. This one read like this: "Diventa signore assoluto di Roma e governa almeno 50 province". My understanding of these statements are too vague. What do they mean exactly (not only literally, but also practically)? Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Demokritos; January 22, 2008 at 01:19 AM.

can you play as some other faction except rome?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    can you play as some other faction except rome?
    Check the answer in post #109 above.

ah ok thanx

u can play any faction u want.... just unlockin them on descr strat

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast