Thread: Why not use kingdoms?

Default Why not use kingdoms?

Kingdoms looks like it will offer much more then regular medieval for modding purposes. For instance you could add heroes like Hannibal, Phyrrhus or any other of the numerous historical generals. I believe kingdoms has support for dual cores as well (I know that AMD dual cores used only one core for me and a lot of other people with vanilla medieval.) so that could better represent battles. For all we know Kingdoms might increase the province and faction limit. (I know for a fact that CA said kingdoms will be more moddable then medieval 2. I think they said it's the most moddable total war game yet, though I'm not sure if that's true or not.) I have a good feeling that the culture limit is increased too. Medieval 2 had 6 like Rome I believe. (Northern European, southern European, Eastern European, Middle eastern, Byzantine and Mesoamerican.) In kingdoms judging by screenshots there's 7 or 8. (Northern, byzantine, Mesoamerican, Eastern European, Middle eastern, Apacean, likely southern European because of Spain being in the americas campaign and Teutonic. (not sure about Teutonic but that's 8 with it and 7 without. Not to mention there's could be another American culture and the Britannia campaign might include something like celtic. And the Lithuania or Norway could be unique as well.)

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Why not use kingdoms?

well eb already has some historical characters like hannibal and hyrrhus (i think), only problem is that all your characters with whom u dont start have a crappy command rate.

I believe the team has stated in the past that they will use Kingdoms, since when they really start to work on this, itll be well out.

We will most likely be using Kingdoms. I doubt we will be using the "special abilities" that Kingdoms offers - blargh! We won't have historical generals, who were not alive at the beginning of our start date - this is a continued policy. We did ask CA to up the maximum allowed cultures, we hope Kingdoms does this.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Blau&Gruen's Avatar Civitate

I hope the permament castle/fort feature finds a productive entrance into EB II, should it be built upon Kingdoms.
    Patronized by Ozymandias
    Je bâtis ma demeure
    Le livre des questions
    Un étranger avec sous le bras un livre de petit format

golemzombiroboticvacuumcleanerstrawberrycream

Why not? Because not everyone in the world has it (me)
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Why not? Because not everyone in the world has it (me)
    So they shouldnt use the most up to date release and include far less features because some people dont have the game ? :hmmm:

Cry me a river, put your hand in the pocket - its not as though you have to pay for EB - and If you did I would happily buy Kingdoms just to play it
    Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage

I CAN'T buy it; I live in a place where kingdoms arrives much, much later.
    Everything the State says is a lie, everything it has is stolen.

State is the name of coldest of all the cold monsters. Coldly it lies; and this slips from its mouth: "I, the state, am the people"

as opposed to eb2, which is clearly being released any second.

Quote Originally Posted by pauli View Post
    as opposed to eb2, which is clearly being released any second.
    THE PROPAGANDA FUNDER:
    http://www.hri.org/news/misc/misc-ne.../95-03-20.misc
    To subdue the greeks we need to strike in their history and their tradition and their identity.
    Henry Kissiger

well its less acsess able its kinda new ya know there will be alot less players and the mods are kinda ****ed up i mean youll need to take 1 campaign and reskin it so it will not show us all the futers altho you can always reskin each mod alone and make regional campaigns like europe the middle east the east and africa