Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Download DLV 4.0 Public Edition MTW (09\23\2007)

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Download DLV 4.0 Public Edition MTW (23th September)

The DLV PE doesn't need a bugfixer because it's the latest version.
    Last edited by Harry Lime; October 02, 2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Posted wrong thread doh:
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Oh thank you but.... But I forgott one thing. I have not got the Kingdoms. And that is why I can play only DLV 4.0. And you have offered me link for DLV 5.0. But thank you very much anyway.

@brani

Sorry, my mistake. The links for the Public Edition are indeed kaput until repman returns from his holiday or you could buy Kingdoms..

And by the way. Is there any realism sub-mod for this DLV 4.0? I have heard something about Pinkos realism, but I am not sure, if it is for this mod. Any advices please?

Aszrayel's Avatar Semisalis

Pinko's is indeed a submod for DLV and I usually play with it but atm I guess there is a problem with a CTD that occurs and hasn't been a fix for it as of yet.

Edit: Nevermind about what I said above...could just be for the 5.0 version of his submod

bandicoot's Avatar Biarchus

Pinko's (or has he changed his ID?) submod is now only being updated for use with DLV 5.0 which requires kingdoms.

Pinko's last submod for DLV 4.0.3 was 1.31 but is now dead in the water and does not work with DLV 4.0 PE (at least I get a ctd whenever I try and start the game).

From the description I saw of DLV 4.0 PE, it does contain some of the Pino-ization of the files although I'm not exactly sure what. I know that the Realism submod affects a number of xml files including campaign AI but I don't think these changes were included in PE.

Also, unfortunately PE does not include what I consider one of the better non-battlefield features of 1.31 which is the requirement to have advanced smiths for the creation of heavily armoured units.

It should be possible to script this in though and recreate the effect, but quite frankly I'm getting tired of re-starting campaign after campaign for minor but incompatible changes (which this would be).

Dl links don't work

Thanks to II.Mehmet el-Fatih in this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=124883

Here is a link to Repman's (benleo) files on Filefront. It has DLV 4.0 and DLV 4.0 bugfixer 3 along with some of his other files:

http://hosted.filefront.com/benleo

I am little bit mad on this mod. It has big a potential, but.... The force of rebels is unbelievable. I had to fight with huge rebels armies with top ranked generals. But everything is useless. There is still more and more rebel armies. And it is too many of them. I am very dissapointed about this mod. It is very annoing to fight against huge rebels armies again and again. Is there any chance to change this? Any way to stop appearing such huge rebels armies? Any advices please? Thank you.
    Last edited by brani; October 04, 2007 at 10:21 AM.

@brani

Read the DLV handbook, lots of useful advice in there.

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by brani View Post
    I am little bit mad on this mod. It has big a potential, but.... The force of rebels is unbelievable. I had to fight with huge rebels armies with top ranked generals. But everything is useless. There is still more and more rebel armies. And it is too many of them. I am very dissapointed about this mod. It is very annoing to fight against huge rebels armies again and again. Is there any chance to change this? Any way to stop appearing such huge rebels armies? Any advices please? Thank you.
    I toned down the experience levels of the rebels from 5 to 2 and made them slightly more numerous to compensate. Made a big difference, forced the battles to be more tactical as the defenders are often heavily outnumbered but not always out-classed.

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\DLV_ext\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

(assuming you have used the default installation folder, I imagine you have since it won't usually patch if you haven't)

Its all mutable, you can find the Rebel Character's portion of the script in this file:

campaign_script.txt

I also toned down the cost of characters ending their first two turns outside settlements from 2000 florins to 500. Which means war costs, but unless its a protracted conflict it can be affordable.

I have changed the field costs system entirely as a consequence, I prefer a slightly more complicated system of aggregated expense for army/character/siege upkeep. In my version of the script, it is extended to allow field costs to start out reasonable and get progressively higher and higher the longer the character remains in the field/siege. I find this more to my taste than fixed statistics.

You can edit these details in section VII: Upkeep Fieldcost: Generals, Spies, Assassins of the same file, campaign_script.txt

Everyone has different tastes and skill levels, I play on Medium/Medium for example and some of it is just ott. Thats the beauty of the scripted extensions however, you can just tweak it to suit your own style of play. It really is as straight forward as editing a number here and there, or obversely, extending the scripts when you feel comfortable.

Last edited by gubbs; October 04, 2007 at 02:02 PM.

can someone tell me if this mod is compatible with the unpatched version of MTW II?....or does it work only with patch 1.2???
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordmalice View Post
    can someone tell me if this mod is compatible with the unpatched version of MTW II?....or does it work only with patch 1.2???
    thanks
    The official 1.2 patch for M2TW is required to play DLV

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aszrayel View Post
    The official 1.2 patch for M2TW is required to play DLV
    But obviously you note there are currently two versions, DLV 4.0 for non-kingdoms and DLV 5.0 for those who boughtstoledownloaded it.

Quote Originally Posted by gubbs View Post
    But obviously you note there are currently two versions, DLV 4.0 for non-kingdoms and DLV 5.0 for those who boughtstoledownloaded it.
    5.0 is for people who have Kingdoms installed. The 1.2 patch is included in Kingdoms and also updates the version further for the changes in Kingdoms from 1.2. So technically 1.2 is still required . I was assuming he meant DLV 4.0 (version for those who don't have Kingdoms installed or don't want to play with some of the added features that Repman & Co added into DLV from Kingdoms) though since this is the 4.0 thread .

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aszrayel View Post
    5.0 is for people who have Kingdoms installed. The 1.2 patch is included in Kingdoms and also updates the version further for the changes in Kingdoms from 1.2. So technically 1.2 is still required . I was assuming he meant DLV 4.0 (version for those who don't have Kingdoms installed or don't want to play with some of the added features that Repman & Co added into DLV from Kingdoms) though since this is the 4.0 thread .
    Are you American?

Quote Originally Posted by gubbs View Post
    Are you American?
    Of course

So, I have got another problem. But this time its a bit different. I can not go over year 1230. I have always crash to windows. I have tried use 3years older save, and I got through. But in year 1231 crash to the windows again. I play DLV 4.0 + DLV art fixer + DLV triumphANDtragedy. It would be a big shame to stop it play only because this one stupid bug And I have noticed one thing. I am playing for Teutonic order and game is crushing always when is Portugees turn. And one more question. I dont have DLV PE, becasue it is not download available. And that is why there is a male voice on islamic princess. And I figure bugfixer can not fix this. I presume it is fixed only in DLV PE.
    Last edited by brani; October 09, 2007 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brani View Post
    So, I have got another problem. But this time its a bit different. I can not go over year 1230. I have always crash to windows. I have tried use 3years older save, and I got through. But in year 1231 crash to the windows again. I play DLV 4.0 + DLV art fixer + DLV triumphANDtragedy. It would be a big shame to stop it play only because this one stupid bug And I have noticed one thing. I am playing for Teutonic order and game is crushing always when is Portugees turn. And one more question. I dont have DLV PE, becasue it is not download available. And that is why there is a male voice on islamic princess. And I figure bugfixer can not fix this. I presume it is fixed only in DLV PE.
    I cant believe that PE still has not been reposted yet doesnt anyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinehammer View Post
    I cant believe that PE still has not been reposted yet doesnt anyone have it?
    I don't have it or it would've been posted