Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer Balancing, Battle and Campaign AI Files

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Lands to Conquer Balancing, Battle and Campaign AI Files

Attatched are the unit stats, battle ai and campaign ai files used in LTC 3.1 for those who want to use them with other mods. Simply place them in the data folder of the mod you want to put them in.

With the Battle ai and balancing files use only these files if you just want the ai files: battle_config.xml, config_ai_battle.xml, descr_formations.txt, descr_formations_ai.txt.

If you just want the balancing use the following files: export_descr_unit.txt, descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.txt, descr_mounts.txt, descr_projectiles.txt

With the campaign ai though you will need to edit the ai_lables in the descr_strat.txt file(s) for the mod you are using so factions use 1 of the following profiles: catholic, default, papal_faction, mongol, slave_faction.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lusted; November 04, 2007 at 09:31 AM.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default Re: Lands to Conquer Balancing, Battle and Camapign AI Files

looks great

ill try your campaign ai files out with SS 4.1 since i dont like the vanilla campaign ai, way too irregular for my taste. just 1 question, orthodox faction ai_label should be default right?

PS keep up the great work

Edit: nvm i found it, I was looking at the wrong file lol, late night computing has never really been my thing :p
    Last edited by blueice; August 08, 2007 at 10:38 PM.

I am also going to try it out with SS4.1, it seams most ai_label are correct. However if I am right should:

faction papal_states, comfortable smith
    ai_label papal_faction
    to papal_states

faction slave, balanced smith
    ai_label slave_faction
    to slave

faction mongols, balanced smith
    ai_label default
    to mongol

and would that be all I need to correct?

faction papal_states, comfortable smith
    ai_label papal_faction
    to papal_states
    No i listed that wrong in first post, that should be the same.

faction slave, balanced smith
    ai_label slave_faction
    to slave
    Again listed it wrong, that should stay the same.

faction mongols, balanced smith
    ai_label default
    to mongol
    Yup that does need to be changed.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

amazingly fast feedback... You rock Lusted.
    Thx!

Default Re: Lands to Conquer Balancing, Battle and Campaign AI Files

Whenever I place the files from LTC Balancing, Battle AI and Formations in my data folder in SS4.1 it CTD when I start SS. Am I doing something wrong?
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Well, putting lusted's EDU into the SS folder is definitely going to cause a CTD, as SS has new units and so on.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    Well, putting lusted's EDU into the SS folder is definitely going to cause a CTD, as SS has new units and so on.
    I just tried adding the files without the EDU.txt and still CTD. I could simply do trial and error but, I do not know which files are needed to work properly.
    Last edited by GotRice; August 11, 2007 at 12:54 AM.
    "To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Lusted
    Your campaign Ai files do not include a descr_stat file. Are the ai_labels and diplomacy settings at the end of the file the same as the vanilla file?

My guess would be that turks=islam, Mongols=mongols etc, but have no idea about faction standings.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Your campaign Ai files do not include a descr_stat file. Are the ai_labels and diplomacy settings at the end of the file the same as the vanilla file?
    As said in first post:
    With the campaign ai though you will need to edit the ai_lables in the descr_strat.txt file(s) for the mod you are using so factions use 1 of the following profiles: catholic, default, papal_faction, mongol, slave_faction.
    I haven't really experimented with starting faction standings yet as i need to play more with my camapign ai first.
    Creator of:

For the most part, I like your balance changes, I just don't like your campaign pace changes and unit req changes, so I'll be be taking these .

Lusted, I recall reading somewhere that ranged units are in general more accurate in Kingdoms, but in the descr_projectile.txt file included here, unless I'm understanding it incorrectly, the only non-siege ranged weapons I can see that have gotten an increased accuracy are composite bows (0.01 better). It looks like bolts, steel bolts, and firearms are all worse. Am I wrong? And if I'm not, are these changes the same as the changes to ranged weapons in Kingdoms? Because if so that would contradict what I read about increased missile accuracy in the expansion.
    Last edited by Asdf; August 16, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Well in 1.2 no arrow or crossbow projectile type has an accuracy setting, and the default accuracy setting is lower than those in my files, so the projectiles in my mod are more accurate.

Unless your playing with a modded game and reading that projectile file by mistake.
    Creator of:

That might be the case. If I previously had LTC 3.0 installed, uninstalled it, and then later used the unpacking tool to unpack all of those data files, would the data file for projectiles that it unpacks contain the old values from LTC 3.0? The projectiles file that it unpacked had similar accuracy values to the 3.1 balance changes, except for a few oddities like 0.00001 commented out for musketeers, arquebusiers, and composite bows, and a difference of 0.01 on crossbow projectiles. And out of curiosity, what is the default accuracy assigned by the engine if none is provided?

Also, just an observation: The in-game description of French Lancers make it sound like they are the culmination of pretty much every discipline involved with making a safe, powerful cavalry charge (advanced armorsmithing, weaponry, etc.). The description for them even states that they have little to fear from pre-gunpowder units, but in fact it feels like they are weaker than earlier era cavalry with mail or padded horse barding because their lack of a shield allows AP troops to absolutely chew through them for the few seconds that they are allowed to remain in melee. What's your take on this?
    Last edited by Asdf; August 16, 2007 at 03:42 AM.

That might be the case. If I previously had LTC 3.0 installed, uninstalled it, and then later used the unpacking tool to unpack all of those data files, would the data file for projectiles that it unpacks contain the old values from LTC 3.0?
    No they'd be the default ones.

Just looked at the default projectile fiels and you are right. Also in Kingdoms the crossbow bolt accuracies will stay the same. And you are right the default arrow accuracy has not improved, but the bodkin and composite arrow accuracies are better.
    Creator of:

I just took another glance at the default accuracy and it musket bullet accuary wasn't quoted out after all, but was set at 0.001, with LTC setting it at 0.02. Does that mean that musketeer and arquebusier units will have about 20 times less accuracy in Kingdoms?

Im not entriely sure how the different values of accuracy differ, but it's not by 20 times for those values.
    Creator of:

Lusted,

After Kingdoms comes out, will you be making a Grand Campaign EDU that has the Kingdoms balance changes for people to use? I don't mean an EDU for your mod, but a pure balance change only EDU? I really like the changes in the 3.1 EDU you posted, and want the Grand Campaign to play as much like the new Kingdoms balancing (as per your blog) as possible.

Thanks,

Candelarius

Well my current balance files(descr_mount, descr_projectile, edu) is basically the general Kingdoms balance with a couple of changes. I say the general balance as in Kingdoms it varies from campaign to campaign slightly.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Well my current balance files(descr_mount, descr_projectile, edu) is basically the general Kingdoms balance with a couple of changes. I say the general balance as in Kingdoms it varies from campaign to campaign slightly.

Oh really? That's great news. So, if I put descr_mount, descr_projectile, and EDU, into my data folder, and run the GC with them, I'll basically be running the GC with the Kingdoms balancing? Sweet. So really, you've already made an unofficial patch for the GC. My only reservation about the expansion was that the new balance improvements were not going to be in the GC. This will be a nice solution until the next patch comes out.

Can these changes be used in an existing campaign?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast