Thread: Review: The Simpsons Movie

The Last Spartan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Review: The Simpsons Movie

WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS!

The Simpsons Movie

Rating: PG
    Run Time: Approx. 1 hr & 40 mins.

Plot
    Basically Lake Springfield is becoming a toxic soup due to excessive pollution, Lisa and the mayor go to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) for help and they clean up the lake. After some time, the lake is clean and barricades are placed around it. Homer heads to the toxic waste treatment plant, but when he hears about a free donut giveaway, he dumps a silo of sewage into the lake. The EPA hears about this and puts the entire city under heavy quarantine. Homer and his family must then escape the town, but conflict between each other threatens to turn the family apart. Once everyone realizes that they need each other, stop being selfish, etc. they finally pull themselves together and foil the plan to destroy Springfield.

Commentary
    As a long time Simpsons fan I must say I'm a little disappointed in the movie. Yes, there were many parts that made me softly laugh, but nothing really hysterical. I thought the story was quite bland and the obviously cliched moral kinda took me out of it as well, but overall I'd say the movie was alright. And the short running time made me and undoubtedly many other fans find ourselves wanting.

Overall Score: 6.5 out of 10

Thanks for reading my review, and good night.

Anachronist's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Review: The Simpsons Movie

Meh, i don't like any new episodes but it was funnier than i thought it was going to be.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I, too, was extremely disappointed. It seemed to me to be an extended episode rather than a movie. So many jokes where recycled from the series, the jokes where shoved in our face, Bart's skateboard scene (Why? It wasn't even funny!), and it was just too plain unrealistic.

Yeah, I know, it's a cartoon, but most episodes stayed within a limit. Burns' sunblocker actually moved, and was dismantled pretty damn easily. But in the movie, they cover Springfield with a dome of an extremely tough substance several kilometres in size. And then the EPA attempts to destroy Springfield with a bomb the size of a briefcase. Even a nuke that size wouldn't be powerful enough to destroy the town.

I can name dozens of episodes that were better than film, and most of them would have made better films.

[/rant]

Second Opinion

(Something I just copied from the Game Informer system)

Overall Rating: 6 out of 10

I just remembered the 3-5 seconds where they showed Bart's penis in the skating scene. Bleh. My eyes did not need that . . .

i liked it, it was a hell lot better than the family guy movie. i guess the best part, imo, was that part when homer tried to go down the sink hole and started giving everyone the finger but he got stuck and everyone started clawing his head, especially with the rake lol.

I liked it too, I was just expecting more.

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

I liked it, and I was expecting it to be rubbish.

Commander_Vimes's Avatar Campidoctor

It was alright could have been a hell of alot better and there more jokes in 20 min episodes than there were in that film.

Juno's Avatar Vicarius

I wasn't expecting any big laughs (SPOILER: There were none) because after they got new writers, the show has just been going downhill.

Slay the mods.

Mod Hit-List: Annaeus, IMB, scottishranger, Exariste, Garnier, Scorch, Pannonian, Trax.

Four down, four to go.

Your days are numbered, gentlemen.

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    I liked it, and I was expecting it to be rubbish.
    That pretty much covers my opinion of it.

Ged's Avatar Miles

I was expecting it to be pretty fantastic, full of humour and absurdities that were common in the TV series.

What a let down. I actually laughed out loud once in the entire film, simply because it was just recycled boredom.