Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations LOL!!!!!!

Default Re: Recommendations LOL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiàhóu XiangLong View Post
    As for my recommendation, dont hurry on to mtw2, finish up with eb1 first, make it perfect. Since the system requirements for eb quadrupled the originals from vanilla, i know for a fact that my system will not be able to handle that sort of increase for the mte2 engine. It already hiccups at the lowest settings for mtw2.
    This is a good point - I can crank up the settings on RTW based stuff but MTW2 makes my system lurch on low settings...

Plus MTW2 is still buggier than a... umm... well *really* buggy thing...

Oh and I still havent got around to EB yet on RTW - did RTR and now on RS and want a new challenge when I get bored with it - Eb should fit that bill nicely...

Final point aside re: map provinces I believe Lusted posted that the CA team is considering raising certain hardcoded limits in a future patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post
    Oh and I still havent got around to EB yet on RTW - did RTR and now on RS and want a new challenge when I get bored with it - Eb should fit that bill nicely...
    i could never get into rtr, it had too many versions floating around and was awfully complicated.[QUOTE]
    Final point aside re: map provinces I believe Lusted posted that the CA team is considering raising certain hardcoded limits in a future patch...
    i heard that the hardcoded limits are going to be lifted when kingdoms is released. Its all a lame trick to get people to buy kingdoms. I would probably be getting kingdoms anyway so i dont like this slap in the face.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Henri View Post
    That would be awesome! I won't hold my breath on it, though.
    Right now, EB needs CA to increase unit limits the most, though.

[quote=Xiàhóu XiangLong;2071931]i could never get into rtr, it had too many versions floating around and was awfully complicated.

i heard that the hardcoded limits are going to be lifted when kingdoms is released. Its all a lame trick to get people to buy kingdoms. I would probably be getting kingdoms anyway so i dont like this slap in the face.
    If CA raises the limits for Units, Territories and cultures, I will buy them all Barrels of Beer! However as Marcvs has said, we are interested in facts and figures, not fantasti accounts. I want to see this in Kingdoms, BADLY, not hear about it ad infinitum. Anyways, it won't be long now.
    Last edited by Keravnos; August 23, 2007 at 11:04 PM.
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

I am against CA raising the hard coded limits - EB runs slower on my (very good) computer than M2TW does, without dual core support - which I believe is being added to Kingdoms, some people may not be able to play EB well if the limits are raised to high

I admit that my graphics card isnt exactly top of the range (an x1650) but when EB is running all of my 2Gbs of Ram gets used as does one of my 2.7ghz processor cores. EB2 will use even more power and if CA raises the limits some people who cab run M2TW on medium or low settings may not be able to run it at all.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Province, cultures, and such are just a wishlist. But the fact there is a limit on units is going to be hurting EB2 a whole lot. Right now, we have like 20 unit slots open for 10 new factions, plus all the regionals that are still needed. Though, there are plans to exploit things like the increased model limits of M2TW.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    /clip

P.S. 300 is more of a comedy to me. I laugh ever time I see that cataphract rhino. Plus, I can't help but think of all the spoofs I've seen.
    Watching the movie trailers, and ,now that it is pay per view, the free preview, I can not imagine spending money on such tripe. In addition to armored rhinos, every time I see one of the 'Spartan Warriors' ( or as I call them 'WWF with sharp pointy things' ) leap into the air swinging his spear and shield, the thing that comes to mind is 'Spartan Ka-bob'.

Anyway, I love EB an look forward to your treatment of EB2. I can only hope the hard code limits are changed.

i think the province number is the same with kingdoms

Laetus

Love your work i've only just foud EBI and can't believe how much fun it is

my two cents are

1. fix graphics things where spears shorten when they march and stuff like that
    2. add numidia and any other faction u feel like adding
    3. and more proviences would be grat i know about hardcoded limets but if it's possible that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by grim696 View Post
    Love your work i've only just foud EBI and can't believe how much fun it is

my two cents are

1. fix graphics things where spears shorten when they march and stuff like that
    2. add numidia and any other faction u feel like adding
    3. and more proviences would be grat i know about hardcoded limets but if it's possible that would be great
    1) This is an animation problem, afaik, and we'll likely have to use completely different animations for EB2. So if it can be fixed it will be.

2) There are 10 new faction slots, so expect several new factions.

3) Impossible. There is a limit of 199 provinces + 1 sea province, we hit that limit in EB1, there won't be an increase in provinces for EB2, though the map may change slightly.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

are you going to let us vote for the final factions?

Sorry, but no.

Quote Originally Posted by KeltKing View Post
    are you going to let us vote for the final factions?
    To be honest, that would probably mean strange factions would end up in EB2

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Well, you could put a list of candidates...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

boki's Avatar Foederatus

Will you be using the Royal Court (or whatever its name was) to give missions to the player? Just as sort of a guide for expansion and diplomacy...

Hey has any one tried to petition CA for access to hard coded areas I don’t mean to hit a touchy subject but if enough people asked they might throw us even a tiny bone

PS I haven’t seen 300 but I loved the history channels true story of the 300 (can’t stand to see Spartans made into Hollywood clowns and Cataphract rhinos?! Insulting! Also where is the great Themistocles the brains behind the entire war?
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

The few recommendations I have I hope are obvious and are already planned upon being taken advantage of: Definitely take advantage of the higher resolution of graphics the engine lets you take advantage of. Now that there is unit uniqueness for individual soldiers in battalions, you guys are DEFINITELY able to take the mod's detail and such to new heights.

Some of my other recommendations are centered around the Roman units, and how certain units function, and then later the Marian reforms come around the late 1st century B.C. So even though this is a Barbarian focused mod, I know you guys are working to bring the Romans up to snuff as well. So it sounds good.

I'm trying not to repeat other peep's recs, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck, and keep up the good work.

Icon3 Re: Recommendations LOL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Clan View Post
    So even though this is a Barbarian focused mod, I know you guys are working to bring the Romans up to snuff as well. So it sounds good.
    EB may have started out as a "barbarian-focused" mod, but even before the first release they already intended to represent all peoples as accurately as possible within the constraints of the engine.

Yes, I know, so hopefully, they portray the Romans as accurately as possible, which shouldn't be too hard, especially if they use the unique unit engine generator and enormous graphics engine.

Zaknafien's Avatar Tiro
    Somewhere inside the Military-Industrial Complex

EB is NOT "barbarian focused".

Rome Total Realism VII Roman Faction Historical Advisor

It is foolish to incur danger for small results; He must be considered a reckless general who would fight before there is any need, while a good one takes risks only in cases of necessity." ---Publivs Cornelivs Scipio Aemilianvs Afrivanvs Numantinvs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast