Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader HAD Retired!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Darth Vader Retires!

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    Now can we please!!! keep this thread to wishing Darth the best of luck and saying what a great modder he his rather than personal statements which are not relevant here.
    Thankyou for your special commentary (although quite misplaced).
    Whether you realise it or not, I am a member of DarthMod, and a long time supporter of Darth, and have added quite a lot to the current DarthMod, as well as modding for DarthMod 8.0, and playing DarthMod from very early on.

Your comments show that you have little to no experience leading groups of people in the workplace, and more importantly don't get paid to make decisions about how the quality of the workplace affects the quality of output in the work environment.

Yes, I also don't like the "teamwork" Americanisation of the western world either, but I can assure you Darth would be an extremely pro-active Team Member whereever he works.

I was merely pointing out that Thamis showed that there is more than 1 level required in the employment of a worker.

Darth has no need to question my loyalty to him as a fellow modder and forum member, as he has chosen to be my patron here at the TWC!
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; August 06, 2007 at 07:27 PM.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Have to kind of wonder what CA was thinking not taking this guy. A lot of their issues revolve around what this mod aims to improve.

I have never felt the need to post anything on these boards in the long amount of time that I have been coming here, but I would just like to thank you darth for your time and effort. One can tell by reading about or playing the total war series that the focus of the game is really on the battles and it astounds me how horrific the original AI is. You have provided me with the chaos of medieval warfare I desired and I thank you for that.

Its not about the qualifications ... its about the results and in my opinion the current product was just a reskin of RTW's already visible AI errors. Maybe CA did not hire you darth because you have a different vision than they do.. and I thank you for that.

Here it goes....I must reply to you all:

@Serious samurai:
    yes..sorry to have taken the decision also.

@Quark:
    Ha ha. I like your comment. I imagine myself in a similar video to those of Chad Vader in youtube site. With my Darth outfit and helmet trying to convince the staff of CA that I will not try to subjugate them and I will be a drone stormtrooper ready to sacrifice myself in their battle studios...

@Manuel Komnenos:
    You know what other things Murphy says: When you want something very much...it never comes...when you ignore it...then it shows.

@firekiller:
    I hope I will re-consider too...but that would be against my rules of thinking.

@PeteSKTemplar:
    As I have told you in PM, your words come from heaven. I really am very touched by them. You can contribute for sure to the last DarthMod that is now in preparation.

@Destraex:
    I may come back as a blue ghost shadow as in star wars movies when a jedi died. But then I can only consult...not interact as I will be a historic shadow.

@Roma:
    Well thank you. I also do not want to provoke negative comments for CA for not hiring me but it seems inevitable.

@edders:
    I agree. I do not want others to believe that I do this as of revenge or smthg. If negative comments come out it is rational I believe but not right. Also I want to clarify that all this time I mod for myself and the community and not to prove that I am worthy to do this game job. It just came out...

@mrkk:
    Thanks.

@Caratacus, The Border Reiver:
    If you put my name out of this and look it as a general issue to discuss...I agree with caratacus. Let me tell a real story of mine....I have lived it in my past bank position when I had applied for a better position as analyst. I with 9 others who were a lot more time in the bank have given math and other examinations. Then an interview.
    By discussing with the administrator I was natural as always and when there was the point of discussion about what happens when the deadlines are short and you have to prioritize (A typical expected HR question) I said what I always do...I do not want mistakes...I want to be perfect and sometimes time must pay for it.....beep...wrong...the manual of HR says that you must prioritize first time and deadlines and then the final resulit..very briefly to discuss this....the point is that later I have been informed personally that I had the best results in the examinations (exemplary as said) but not taken the position finally. The position was taken by the...cool guy...who (hm hm) was very receptive to the interviews demands and not natural...not to mention the results of his exams to be far worse (since we gave them together and know)...I left the bank after 3 months because I felt
    disgraced...all colleauges were doing what you do now to me...no...stay...have patience...you were worthy...we all know it...etc....after 6 months the person who was elected instead of me was demoted and forced to leave himself after multiple mistakes and delays....the position of the analyst was open again....what has happened...what happens in everyday life...the HR is now a very important factor in business matters but...very vulnerable. It uses a straighforward manual to "read" the candidates full of body language and other tricks to understand the value of one individual who comes in their office to meet them...maybe not in the best mood or physical condition...or worse...prepared to cheat on them...ha, ha! I really enjoyed how the bank lost a lot of money and time for their decision. They could have used wisely not me not the "cool" guy" but surely better the 8 rest individuals...they picked the worst!!! Believe me...

Concluding. My case may differs or not...in general...I defy HR methods to choose potential workers. I am really happy that I left also bcs now I earn far more money and with less stress than in the bank. Decisions and timing is a virtue. One multiple question...who says that Deadlines and Perfection cannot be met in the same time line?
    a)Me
    b)generic HR guide lines
    c)Buba Smith
    d)Boba Fett

@Gian Pascal:
    Thank you ex-infidel, former-believer ! Your words are very true. Waiting for the discussion.

@Black Francis:

Now I became a caterpillar...

@WILHEM_II:
    It is never too long to read such good words from a person who evaluates from the tested outcome. I am also this thing in life...I want to amuse myself all the time with "silly" things. I will not grow up it seems.Thank you.

@thecorinthian:
    I want to say it again. I do not want to compete with CA. Just to rest and choose different path.

@mongolwarrior:
    It was a short dream....nothing can change that now. It is pointless ....as in DarthMod.

@Argent Usher:

Ha ha...you made me laugh. Uncertain is the future...yes. Or else it would be present!

@Thamis

Thank you for the words and acceptance. I know that CA is an international company using people from many countries and I stated it also above.

@Headlock:

Thank you Headlock. You were a very helpful member and "mature" in your actions. I hope your wishes come true.

@Umbrisse:
    I hope they release a good product so that they do not "temptate" me again...

@repman:

Negative values are magic numbers used in my mod occasionally...Some are implemented exactly as I want some are not doing bad to what I want to offer but maximise my effects safely.

I wish I had an algorithm ready to present to TWcenter forum, to be able to trace phenomenal "positive" comments and transform them to their real "negative" characteristics hiding behind them.

@Jubal_Barca:

Mods are half-opensource already. And from my past open-source theme of mine i had...it needs a lot of care not to be corrupted...

@BarnabyJones:
    Who knows...

@Sussudio6:
    I am always touched when people log in only to post for me...thank you. My vision is simple...sincerity, integrity, productive, un-mistaken, perfect outcome...I must fix the last DarthMod now...my vacations arrive!

....finished editing

MCM's Avatar Saint of lost causes

Darth,
    All I can say is- don’t give up. 31- you are still a spring chicken in my book! ( No you may not know my age!!) And that fact that a company cannot clearly see your potential, well, that is truly their loss.
    If I was your personal career coach, I would say : Keep at it. There are other companies out there looking for people just like you. And you have great talent, that is an undisputed fact. Maybe you need to market yourself a little differently, maybe you just need to look a little wider.
    The RTR team would never have made it this far today without people like you to help us out.
    I seriously hope you reconsider. If not, please still stick around. If not, I wish you the very very best to a bright future
    Sincerely,
    Marcus Cornelius Marcellus

o wow didnt see this 1 coming, pce brother

Looking at the brass who have come to pay their respects I was not going to add my lonely voice until I finished reading the posts. In my opinion everyone here got it right by praising and wishing luck but stopped short. They all should have ended with: PLEASE DARTH STAY.

So I will stand with a few others and say...well..G#d D%mn it...I don't accept your resignation...their...take that.

-All the best Darth, I enjoyed your work from the beginning.
    Last edited by scivian; August 07, 2007 at 04:49 AM.

Idwayreth's Avatar Centenarius

why work for CA? alot more game companies out there who are alot more innovative than the stale and stagnant TW series.

Anyway, i'm with you on "retiring" from the TW series altogether. In fact, MIITW was CA's last chance for me and i ended up not buying it after dismal reviews(mainly AI). Was a huge fan of STW back when i bought it in 1999 and frankly expected bigger and better things out of the series, instead we got rehashed versions of it over and over with the same exact flaws that were found in the original.

See you around
    If God were a man he'd be me.

At first i simply observed. But i found that without investment in others, life serves no purpose.

Hello Darth,

I'm really sorry to see such a talented modder drifting away in such a manner Your battle AI work is wonderful and you have improved RTW and M2TW twofold… without your work the Total war series would have been lost amongst the mass of the mediocre games which have no return value

I have hoped that your decision is seasonal and that you will come back in the future to do what you do best… to share your perfection and your talent with the community

As for real world jobs, you are dead right!!! I myself got a new job a couple of weeks ago and from my own professional experience I can say that the interviewer’s personal traits and his/her empathy with us as well as the HR dumb questions weight way more into selecting the candidate than our real aptitude for the job. Unfortunately some organisations act as slow white elephants and unless they have astute HR staff/processes they end up hiring people with no substance (ie. big banks/corporations). However I also believe that if we are not hired by a company it just means that organisation is not fit enough for our skills and personality and that we would feel pity and frustrated working for them.

To sum up I can only wish you all the best of good luck in finding the perfect position to your aspirations. The professional world is large and global… I’m quite sure others will find good use of your skills and talent in the near future. May the force be with you
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Wow, It is very sad news. I only play this game, because you enhanced it so good. Maybe try to talk with people from NTW mod. They are making they own strategy games right now. I hope that soon we will be able to see your work again.
    I hope also that after some time of rest, you will change your decision. Here you are a hero, in some new places you will need start from beginning. Many headhunters are looking into forums related to the most known games I am sure that soon they will contact you.

Best Regards
    killer23

Chola_Kingdom's Avatar Senator

i should thank you for your mod Sir.if im not i not human being at all!, because iam currently using your mod and i will always remember that!
    good luck in the future mate!
    btw i thought the same as quark said!.
    Last edited by Chola_Kingdom; August 07, 2007 at 10:42 AM.

Fan of True Mods for the MTWII :[Stainless steel, Broken Crecent]
    Stainless steel compatible Cinema editorial : Guide
    Viscount In TWC

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

This way I understand that huge energy you put in the game.

Good decision btw. If something is not working stop doing it.

You are a great man and a great musician (the drum stuff in byzantine theme ownz ass), you did an awesome job here in TW community and Im sure that DarthMod thing will not die just like McDonalds, Adidas and loads of brands, which owners and directors changed so many times but the whole thing remained the same. Fans, other modders and the mod team you founded will take care of the thing you started and there will surely be lots of DarthMods in future based on the stuff you taught.

Thank you for all the job you did here and good luck in life.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Wow this is not what u expect when u do a comeback

I was here in the start of the beta team but got lose since I lose my pc

I come back in hoping to help you with my new awesome pc but found this

This is a sad day indeed for TWC

The dark side will grow weak without you , u shall be missed

For the first time I can use this on someone ^^
    http://DARTH.VADER.YouAreMighty.com
    (Hope none one had send u this yet )
    Well I bid u a farewell

anyway i would like to see u moddin on others game
    and is there anything i could do just let me know ( MSN IS ur friend )

Ur lost long apprentice IZ

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

Desperately disapointed to see you go Darth.My interest in the TWar series has all but faded with this news.

As well as making the best Mods for TWar,you gave the series a huge injection of life.The last two TW titles would have had nowhere near the longetivity for me personally if not for your hard work and dedication to Darthmod.
    As you have said in the past,you have huge commitments outside of Darthmod.Despite this you always took the time to answer all queries and consider all suggestions from members of your community and fans of your work in a friendly and helpful manner.

You sir have always been a gentleman and a scholar.I sincerely wish you all the best for the future and would like to thank you again for the immense effort you have put into creating your mods and giving so many people so much more enjoyment from the TWar games than 50 expansion packs ever could.

All the best Darth from a scruffy factory worker in the UK.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

I think my final word for this thread shall be this;

CA made Total War; Darth Vader made it playable.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Darth Vader!!

My final say in the thread,

I wish you the very best, computers and games are not the most important things in life. You have dedicated much sweat and pain for us. May your new life away from here be prosperous, and full of vitality!! Go see the world with your beautiful woman!! Get married while you're at it!! (If I only had $1.00 for every time I heard, "You're still on the computer!!!" or "You spend more time with that thing, than me" so if you want a social life or a wife, chill on the computers people, I finally grew up, and made the choice!!)

Darth, we salute you!!

God Speed and best wishes

Xeryx (better capitalize now that I am an ADM)
    Last edited by xeryx; August 08, 2007 at 09:02 AM.

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by xeryx View Post
    (If I only had $1.00 for every time I heard, "You're still on the computer!!!" or "You spend more time with that thing, than me" so if you want a social life or a wife, chill on the computers people, I finally grew up, and made the choice!!)
    Got to sympathise with you on that lot mate.

I too had to make the same choice.Should have the final divorce papers through on the 3rd of September
    God,life is going to be sooooo sweet again

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Off topic

Oh pls god tell me you don't have any sons or daughters .... jajaja

Hello Darth, i only registered to thank you for your great work. you made the game a lot better. if my government allowed me i would give you 10% of my salary (20$) but chavez doesn`t let me. (i wish i was kidding, im not). Too bad CA didn`t see your potential, now im never buying an original medieval, ever. (i`ve never seen one here anyway). anyhow know that we truly admire and apreciate your effords even in this big poor oil country.