Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader HAD Retired!

Default Re: Darth Vader Retired!

Here is the real reason why Darth vader retired:

Jokes aside: I want to thank you as well for your great modding work, Darth Vader. It definitely adds a lot to M2TW!

My Home is my Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by mailor View Post
    Here is the real reason why Darth vader retired:

Jokes aside: I want to thank you as well for your great modding work, Darth Vader. It definitely adds a lot to M2TW!
    is that an actual star trek episode? OMG!

Darth

I registered on the TWC forums specifically to pay tribute and say thank you for all you have done for the Total War series and the modding community. I wish I knew how to mod and had at least a portion of your skills. Perhaps someday I will learn. In the past I had always simply come to TWC to grab the latest mod and taking for granted they would always be here. Now I have to speak out. It is through you and other modders that I have received years of enjoyment from games that as vanilla would only be good a short time. As was said earlier you give your mods and the AI a sort of heart or soul that I have not encountered in other mods or even in other games. I believe that I understand much of your reasoning for what you are doing and that it is more complicated than perhaps most understand. But Darth please do not burn all your bridges as no one can know what the future truly holds. Do what you believe is right for now, but do not forget or forsake your allies, your family, your brothers and sisters of the Total War community. I think I speak for all when I say that we will defend one bridge with all our might against the day in the future when you shall sally forth and return triumphant and lead us in the great battles that are to come. I and many others will be here keeping silent watch and waiting. Until that day you have my support and best wishes.

BWC Relkin
    A government's job is to ignore or interfere with its citizens equally.
    - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Damn man I haven't touched anything RTW for a while and haven't attempted MTW2, its sitting gathering dust on my shelves.

When I did play I always settled on whatever darthmod update there was. In tribute I may blow the dust off load it up, install your patch and have at it.

Hope another gaming house takes you in mate.

Cheers Darth.

@Relkin The Raider:

As I have said many times, it is always a true honour if someone registers to the forum just to speak with me. So I sincerely thank you for your words and acknowledgement and about the future of my modding it will be decided in long term. But the possibility to change is very small.

@Seneca:

Thank you. I have not re-considered to seek in another house this kind of job. I do not know if I will. I hope you enjoy my last mod.

Argent Usher's Avatar [sɪθlɔ:d]

Heh DARTH is not dead - he only REST IN GREECE.

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night.” Edgar Allan Poe

Hail Darth Vader

Your place is not among the plant workers of the Creative Assembly lines.
    So even when you were not commissioned, you won big time.
    You must be proud about what you have accomplished, you created a living strategies game.
    "DTW The Darth Ages".

So when its raining outside, and you are getting bored...............!?!

And if you really choose to quit modding, enjoy your newly acquired freedom.

It's better to make a bad decision, then to make none at all.
    Otherwise we don't grow

A huge fan of your work

Skywanderer

Your contribution to TW series is awesome!

CA lost's a lot in my eyes.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

You see ,the world is unfair . After you improved the 2 games immensely ,there was perhaps no more need to improve .And it was done free .Then they relised it and refused to take you to spare their money for a good job that was already done and was free .You must think as one who pays -"I got it done and I don't see what more can be improved .So why hire and pay ? I'll keep the money " . Especially when I think how they focus on unimportant aspects from CA . So realize that perhaps it couldn't be otherwise .

It still leaves you the only noble winner on the battlefield,to whom not the producers but the public ows so much .

Thanks for everything Darth. You have given me many, many hours of pleasure.

I will just say one thing: maybe not working in the "software entertainment industry" isn't the worst thing in the world for you. When you get into any company - with long workdays and repetition and a boss and frustrations and office politics etc. - you soon forget that you are working on something you love and it often just becomes another job. I know this.

Maybe your real vocation is to do your modding part-time and enjoy it as a hobby and as a great gift to people, maybe even get involved part-time with some of the small online game developers that are out there... who knows...

We never know what was down the road that was not taken, and it might not be as wonderful as we imagined it might be... and sometimes when we look back, a disappointment in hindsight is often the seed of something good, maybe even better than the other road.

In any event I wish you the very best. Thanks for the mods - they were TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your greats mods, Darth. Thanks for your great work, and good luck !

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

You will not be missed you will be remembered

Thank You

Your not a good fit because you want perfection in a game

They want to release on schedule due to dollar constraints

You see what doesn't work under the hood

They figure 99% won't notice so it wont effect sales

In industry we make these decisions all the time ... do you want it now or do you want it done right... the answer is usually now.

You can have 2 of the three: (cost quality speed) and pay for the third.

Thanks for all your hard work, I don't wonder if companies don't count on the community for alot of free labor to make thier product the finished product they could only hope to make out of the box.

One thing to consider if you have an office and employ 100 people to work on a product say a computer game and one aspect is slowing things down, say the A.I. you cant keep 95 people on idle while you wait to release a project, and how long do you keep a group of 5 working on a project while the other 95 move on to the next project when you need your best folks on the new project?

It is all business unfortunatly, and us the consumer look at it like its a game.
    All we want is a good game... operative word game.

I'm not sure any of us real gamers would do well in the industry without sacrificing most of what we love in games.

So give it some thought .. remember why you mod.. get back to having fun at something. Figure out if you were doing this to get hired or to make a better game for your fans and friends in gaming.

Anyway a long winded thanks for what you have done, remember not many people in the world have fans... you do... even CA may have fans but no one there in specfic. Go play toon town ... errrr... my daughter plays that game I've never tried it .... you don't want to be one of the Cogs. MicroManagers, Coldcallers, Bloodsuckers, etc. You interject that into your gaming and it just might lose all the fun.

Later Bro, good luck in what you do, hope you don't mind this attempt at a pep talk.

tsamp's Avatar Laetus

i know why our friend retired.....:hmmm:

'cause he is fearing the sea battles in the new game,(as me.. )

Me & my little son Nikos (συνονόματος) salute u and comforts u.
    There are lots of things to do then playin and
    more things to play with.....

i am also keep playing, with...along...in...for...at... on my playground

Keep the Greek spirit alive, 'cause the wind is getting stronger these days

(Για Βαρδάρη τον κόβω...)

METAL IS NOT DEAD AS U CAN SEE BELOW
    Last edited by tsamp; February 28, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

Darth,

I'm sorry to see you retire, as I have played your mods since RTW. You are a boon to this community and the genre.

thanks for your effort all the time. I really enjoyed the modification you offered to us.

I hope you will succeed in other ways as well! cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by K2Suzuya View Post
    thanks for your effort all the time. I really enjoyed the modification you offered to us.

I hope you will succeed in other ways as well! cheers!
    I have doubts he is reading it anyway, he hasn't been online since November 30, 2007.

Yes it is true I come here very seldom now.

Thank you all for the gesture to come here and post for me and say these good words, despite the fact I am in retirement mode. I will try to pass by and see your posts from time to time.

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Yes it is true I come here very seldom now.

Thank you all for the gesture to come here and post for me and say these good words, despite the fact I am in retirement mode. I will try to pass by and see your posts from time to time.

Bye.
    Would like to personally say thank you as well. Your contributions and work have provided me and my friends with countless hours of fun and enjoyment. Hopefully we'll see you around here again someday. Take care.