Page 10 of 286 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Mod!! Post empires

Default Re: Great Mod!! Post empires

MarcusTullius , was the a blitz campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    that's what i'd do, anyways!

Here's an update on my campaign, had some suprising setbacks...

All quiet on the northern front.

Gauls looking pretty aggressive in the west...

I sent four stacks to Illyria to take and subdue the area, sadly, one settlement had the plague, but it's gone now.

I sent two family members (brothers, and sons of the faction leader, no less!) to help conquer this area but they were both wiped out in a very long and diffifult battle so suddenly the east is very dangerous and I'm worried the enemy is going to start swarming in.

I've got a few armies getting outfit in northern Italy but at the moment I'm pretty vunerable, luckily, I'm allied with Macedon and the Greek Cities now so I can rest easy in case of a Epirus attack.

Quote Originally Posted by rory o'kane View Post
    take the rebel region south of dacia, just to finish off your european campaign, but beware of the bosphorans and dacians. you should then ship your guys across to carthage, kick their heads in, then secure west africa, before heading east across towards cyrenaica. also, start invading asia minor - begin with mytilene and Rhodes, so that you've got good naval bases near the mainland, from which you can launch attacks. you should march eastwards along turkey and egypt at the same time, and join up somewhere around judaea. oh, and take crete and cyprus too - income galore. then you can invade dacia, and maybe the bosphoran kingdom as well. that's what i'd do, anyways!

I have a legion waiting to take that rebel legion but I don’t want to tempt Dacia into a confrontation that will lead me getting sucked in. Carthage was probably going to be my next course of action and the time it will take should allow me to consolidate in Europe.

Currently:
    -retaining a few legions
    -BUILDING MASSIVE D-DAY LANDING FLEET for a simultaneous attack on most, if not all Carthaginian cities taking them in a blitzkrieg move (although it may take time to prepare its worked so far against both Iberia and Germania)
    -keeping Hannibal trapped in Iberia

Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    MarcusTullius , was the a blitz campaign?

Yup, just went all out trying to expand as much as possible, not giving any factions much time to adapt. Will be harder now though as the faction seem more settled.

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

♔Jean-Luc Picard♔'s Avatar Domesticus

thats how i took africa in me old syracuse campaign. hit them right where it hurt, on the coastline of everywhere from the french coast down iberia to the african coast. about 20 sieges in one turn from my syracusan "legion" armies. same format but hoplite based rather than legionaires.

Skan

It is my great honour to have my poem Farmer in the Scriptorium here.

Dacia decided to attack me after all, just when i'd got my heart set on a mass naval landing to beat Carthage.
    So starts the Dacian wars which have led to one of the most hard fought victories in my campaign- ever.

My legions surround Dacia:

An interesting battle (little do i know how fun it will be )

Screenshot taken after victory against the first stack where my cavalry was decimated as you can see. Shot shows reforming to meet the enemy again

With the third stack of Dacians having joined the battle it becomes havoc. If that wasnt enough, atleast 3/4 of the full stack at missile troops and mounted archers:

With the Dacians down to missile troops and little infantry, to preserve my legion (or else they will get slaughtered) and try hold out until reinforcements I use the testudo and wait.....

Victory

Sweet, sweet revenge

Only few Dacian towns left, and then they should be finished by next year.
    Do not want confrontation with Bosphorans at the moment but its starting to look inevitable.

pseudocaesar's Avatar Campidoctor

Screw the Bosporans, Kill Carthage and pincer Egypt. Go down from Gibraltar and the Hellespont at the same time, and just keep slaughtering until your bordering yourself!

Proud Roma Surrectum Team member.
    Local Moderator for Roma Surrectum forums. PM if you need help there.

I'm new to this mod, and i'm loving it...

my empire isn't huge yet, more because i care more about economy and upgrade my cities/armies!

my game settings/rules are : all armies must had 1 general , no mercenaries

link: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5781/rsempirenb4.jpg

Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Nice start to the empire...

The next few pics show the ownage that has occured in Gaul, but the ownage was preceded by some of the hardest fighting I've done in a TW game. I moved into Gaul with a few armies (didn't have those early legions yet, still only have them in a few cities) and things went well. Brought some more in and suddenly Gaul attacked every one of my armies with superior numbers. The turn must have taken 5 hours or more to play through because of all the battles. I lost three full stacks but won the others. After that, I think Gaul was broken as there haven't been nearly as many attacks on me and it's just a matter of wiping out their cities.

The north remains violatle though.

I'm pushing in the south, keen on ending this theatre and consolidating my power so I can focus on the north or perhaps Greece.

In the east I'm still recovering from when the Free Peoples wiped out a branch of the family tree, but I think I've finally broken the enemy.

I've got the early legions in four cities now so hopefully soon I can modernise the armies.

Heaps of fun.

thanks

well i've conquer few more provinces, but i've been betrayed by the gauls...... damn damn damn them they've striked with 4 full stacks... i've been in troubles...damn outnumbered ..using south park quotes into RS cartman: " gauls gauls everywhere...".

worse my spy in makedonia have gimme wrong info ... i've conquer one castle but lose on one city assault...they've got reinforments =/ , now i need make peace and start anihilation of the damn tricky gauls >_< !

btw nice screenshots @MarcusTullius and @TheFuzz !

My AAR campaign has reached 100BC CHAOS-TW ftw!

Yay, 300th post

259-247BC

Progress:

Note: theres no cheat codes, or extra money from beginning!! Also finnally i've got preatorians

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    259-247BC
    Also finnally i've got preatorians
    Brilliant, now go kill some Gauls

Will post a progress report soon.....

Fuzz,
    Great hearing about hard fighting...we want the mod to be challenging!

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Dacia pretty much over and done with

Preatorians sucks, don't waste your money on them

only really just started.
    fighting off stack after stack of gauls in the north, but i dont really want to invade yet.
    have just taken sicily.
    next im gonna take the island under sicily, and then try for peace with carthage.
    after that im not sure what im going to do...

DREADLEE

Its 266 my firs campaning in RS.My preciuss spy just bring me the message:"Hannibal is coming!" .Eeeh..just ended the war with the Macedon and Grece(Macedon is now island tribe ).Grece cites push me from Delphi all my 4 legions stand there ground.So i got only some hestati 3 velites and some 2 generals whit 3 units off principes near Sogodonum(Galic barbs coming with 3 full stack ).Its gone be tough .
    [IMG][/IMG]

heres my empire (updated)

weird i never seen hannibal in my campaign O_o maybe he was killed by the iberians.. also carthage its one of my allies for now O_o

if they attack me well....this ill be freakin total war...... fight free people's,germans,macedons,gaetae...... O_O OMG !!!

Akritoi's Avatar Libertus

Haven't managed to get a picture of the map, but I'll try and describe it as best as possible. Started off building up my economy in my cities while sending a couple of legions south to get rid of Epiros. Then, slowly, branching out and taking out the free peoples until getting to Mediolaniaum (sp?). Managed to broker an alliance between myself and the Gauls whereby I got the settlement, and then took the rest of the rebel provinces around there below the alp line. Then, needing a bit of a war, I declared war on Carthage and launched invasions of Corsica and Sardinia. Took them in the same turn before Gaul decided to try and take out one of my choke points in the alps. Carthage then brokers a peace with me (which was nice given that I was able to redirect the actual invasion force up north) UNTIL Syracuse, who I was allied with and helped to destroy Carthage in Sicily, stabbed me in the back. I set up a good few defensive points in Gaul and sent four Legions into Sicily, fought a couple of remarkable battles before finally gaining control of the islands.

Now, I've virtually taken all of France with them only holding the tip of Britain now. Spain has declared war on me and I've sent six Legions (one of which is Pre-Marian) to deal with them.

The year is 228 BC and it looks very healthy.

i'm curious how epiros and syracuse still alive at 228BC O_o