Thread: A new player's questions

Default A new player's questions

Hi, I've just started playing EB as Carthage/Quarthadastim, and I've noticed a couple of things I'd like to clear up.

1st: Mines. When I saw +2000 income from mines in my Iberian cities, I thought I could finance a massive army from my starting provinces (and Tingis) with them. Having sacrificed rather more men than I would like to get ahold of the Tingis mine, I was disappointed to discover that it only in fact provided 600 income. A search on this forum seemed to indicate that mining income has been toned down from previous versions, is 600 the right number? If so, is it possible to change the mine description to match its actual income?

2nd: Carthaginian Generals. I love these guys, but it seems mine have the standard RTW cavalry animations: They hold their spears bolt upright when moving, and in one hand when charging. They also wave them through one another pre-battle. I'd gotten the impression (from RTR and an old thread here on an animations pack) that they ought to be resting them on their shoulders and charging with both hands. I haven't played enough to see if other lance cavalry do it RTW style, but I assume they do. Is this how it's supposed to be? Do I download EB animations separately? Or is there something wrong with my install, and if so how do I fix it?

Much thanks,
    Etharion

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: A new player's questions

1- Mines are bugged. It is a RTW thing, not an EB thing. If you set a mine to 2000, they will only give 600. EB wanted 600, so they are set to 2000. It is correct in all aspect except what the building details says. And since what the building details say is automatically generated, they can't be changed to show the correct amount.

2- Different units use different animations. Some cavalry use the twohanded animation, some one handed, and some the overhand animation. I don't know if Carthaginian cavalry are supposed to do something different...

Once, Carthage generals used both hands but, since 0.8- if I am not mistaken - they no longer do that.

Okay, I've checked and some of the other double-handed lance cavalry have new animations. I'd like to change my carthaginian cav to do this anim: is it possible with something like a text file change? Or does it require something less simple.